Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How badly are we missing Sarcevic?

+3
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How badly are we missing Sarcevic?  Empty How badly are we missing Sarcevic? Sat Nov 20 2021, 22:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Does it feel like we are missing some magic in midfield?
He scored a few decent goals of course. And he was the team captain...

Does it take time to adjust? Have we got the strength in depth to absorb his sudden unexpected departure? 

Do we outright miss him on the pitch? 

Will we ever really know what happened?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Does it feel like we are missing some magic in midfield?
He scored a few decent goals of course. And he was the team captain...

Does it take time to adjust? Have we got the strength in depth to absorb his sudden unexpected departure? 

Do we outright miss him on the pitch? 

Will we ever really know what happened?
Will Snowy and Jock be in time? Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's an average journeyman. Were not missing him at all.

What were missing is money.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well we’re obviously missing him under the current circumstances but had we not had the injury problems we have currently, I’d say no and in fact we may be better without him. He did score some good goals and was hugely instrumental in our promotion last year but this season is different and he’s been nowhere near as influential. I don’t think as a captain he was that good either, although better than Rico. I really can’t understand IE on that one because, good as he may be he doesn’t strike me as a leader. With FV indicating they will fund Evatt in the January window I’m confident IE will bring in the reinforcements we need so we just need to be patient.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I’m confident IE will bring in the reinforcements we need so we just need to be patient.

Based on what WS? The last thing I'd be doing if I was Shazza would be letting him spend more money.

In a way yes, I think we are. Under Evatt we’ve never created loads of chances in a game, Sarc is one of a few who could pop up and score - we don’t have many regular scorers. I think he’s easily replaced at this level though, and we should be able to get someone in who contributes more regularly - if Sarc wasn’t scoring I didn’t think he influenced enough.

Not overly concerned at the moment anyway, we look mid table so if we finish there this season so be it. Wish I hadn’t got over excited and put £40 on promotion in September though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd say we look anything but mid-table. The next two games will show if we're good enough to avoid a relegation battle.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Based on what WS? The last thing I'd be doing if I was Shazza would be letting him spend more money.

I know what you mean Nat but if the owners continue to have faith in IE, then they’re going to have to back him. In fairness, given the constraints he’s been under I don’t think he’s done too bad so we have to give him the chance to see what he can do from a bigger pool.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

John, Santos, Jones, MJ, Lee, Dapo, Doyle - pretty impressive set of signings overall no?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

John, Santos, Jones, MJ, Lee, Dapo, Doyle - pretty impressive set of signings overall no?

Dapo, Jones & MJ I'll give you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really bothered about Sarcevic. In Marx Brothers terms, we've lost Zeppo.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I liked Sarc myself - we could use him now although that's hindsight of course.

If we can stay mid-table until January then a run to a play off spot maybe possible but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it.  Too many injuries and just hopes we can bring in new legs which is not guaranteed. Survival in League One is priority in my mind at the moment.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've never rated him as a player so I don't think we miss him that much. His influence in the dressing room and as an on-field captain could well be something the squad is missing but I'm not even convinced of that. The issue with our recent performances, which have admittedly coincided with him leaving the club, is that we have a massively average L1 squad. We had a good start as is often the case for newly promoted teams because no one in the league really knew what we were about but we've since been found out and are now finding things more difficult because Evatt can't change things up. With or without Sarce we're just ok and from what I've seen this season I honestly don't think we're worse off without him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum