Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt reflects on 'harsh' Wycombe defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt reflects on 'harsh' Wycombe defeat 13223481

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt says his side’s 1-0 defeat against Wycombe at Adams Park was “really harsh”.

Sam Vokes scored the decisive goal with a looping header across goal during the second half.

Joel Dixon had earlier made a vital stop to deny Anis Mehmeti from the penalty spot before the break.

“I thought that was really harsh,” said the Bolton boss. “I think we did everything today that we didn’t do on Wednesday.

“We competed, we battled, we fought, we had second balls, first contacts, second contacts. We did everything against a really physical competitive team that we haven’t been doing.

“Sometimes in football it can be a really harsh game and really harsh industry and I think we deserved something out of that game.

“We had some big chances and didn’t take them.”

Wanderers suffered yet another injury blow in the second half when MJ Williams was forced off with a shoulder problem, and Evatt admits they don’t yet know how bad it is.

He added: “He’s dislocated his shoulder. It’s gone back in but we don’t know the extent of the damage around the shoulder so we’ll have to wait for that one.”

The Whites are back in action on Tuesday night when they welcome Doncaster Rovers to the UniBol.

Evatt insists there were plenty of positives from their performance at Adams Park and is hopeful the Wanderers faithful will rally behind the team.

“No pressure, absolutely no pressure. Go and express yourselves and try to win – that’s what we need to do," said the Bolton boss.

“It’s important that we have the right atmosphere, it’s important that the players get the backing because this is all we’ve got.

“We’ve got people who are out until January, this is what we’ve got until January. These players need the support so let’s hope we see that on Tuesday night.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum