Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham

+8
karlypants
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
wessy
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 14:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

22Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 16:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apologies for the break in the commentary. Just had to put a shilling in the meter.

Now back on!

23Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 17:00

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good performance, good point.

24Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 18:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great Game played really well second half, Kuchunga great goal looks the part now, shows that judging players to soon is way off the mark, we created some superb chances at 2-2 nearly all involved Doyle missing the final shot.

25Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 18:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Great Game played really well second half, Kuchunga great goal looks the part now, shows that judging players to soon is way off the mark, we created some superb chances at 2-2 nearly all involved Doyle missing the final shot.
Can't argue with any of that. Might have pinched all three points at the end, but it's a good point.

26Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 19:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Since I wrote this... 

The way fortune plays a role. 
Bolton average something like 15 shots per match, quite high but less than 5 hit the target. 

Statistically we would usually get 1.67 goals per game based on those stats, and our shots against would concede us 1.38 goals per game. That's usually enough to win more games than you lose or draw.

By a stroke of misfortune our conversion stats for actual goals are reversed. Meaning we concede around 1.67 and score 1.38.

Statistically speaking, if we keep doing what we are doing, eventuality the trend should even out and revert to expected levels (assuming things level out on average over a season).

This would mean that our next 16 games would net us 26 points all things being equal.

If I said we will lose 1 out of every four matches for the rest of the season. But win at least one, sometimes two out of every four, would you take it?

(If you assume we can improve, which many on here think we can, then we can get even more than that)

We have won 2 drawn 1 and lost 1 in the league. 
Arguably should have won three, drawn one... Let's see if we keep getting the expected return. 

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Can't get to the match now as the bloody weather has meant all the trains are cancelled!

Shit fan. I once managed to make a game despite being stuck up Ben Nevis in 3 feet of snow just 6 hours before kick off.

28Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 19:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good game, good game.

Rubbish for 20 minutes, but things changed when Evans made some tactical changes. Someone has turned Kachunga into a decent footballer. I suspect Rob Earnshaw has been brought in to coach him.

Sadly our main striker missed a couple of chances to win the game, same old story really.

29Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 20:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Shit fan. I once managed to make a game despite being stuck up Ben Nevis in 3 feet of snow just 6 hours before kick off.
Poor Ben. You should have used a smaller strap-on.

30Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sat Nov 27 2021, 21:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

31Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sun Nov 28 2021, 02:16

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Kacha has been slated so often by Bolton fans, but he keeps putting them on a plate for Doyler who misses. I saw Doyle miss a hattrick of what looked like easy chances to me - all laid on by Kacha - but at the end of the lost game, Kacha was a shit footballer according to online reviews.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

32Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sun Nov 28 2021, 11:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Slow start - good finish......that's the same as usual.  They had three shots on goal before we had our first cross into their box.  We could do with a change at the start of our games. Anyhow after the break we played some good stuff.
We should have edged it but a draw was probably a fair result in the end.
People are slamming Doyle again but in fact his attempts were saved by the goalie - one header with a spectacular save and another he shot it across the keeper and it hit the keepers leg - on another day that was two goals right there. Some of our other guys had wild shots that wasted a couple of opportunities. Shame we have to mess with the Pizza cup instead of a week off.....onwards.

33Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Sun Nov 28 2021, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:People are slamming Doyle again but in fact his attempts were saved by the goalie - one header with a spectacular save and another he shot it across the keeper and it hit the keepers leg -

I've just seen the chance again that Kachunga put on a plate for Doyle - a professional striker should be putting that away every time.

I admire his effort, but his finishing isn't good enough.

34Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Cheltenham Mon Nov 29 2021, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As i'm a shit fan i had to make do with the radio but it did sound like we started slowly again and then conceded right before HT. Second half we were much better and we could have gone on to win it.

Kachunga looks to be coming good now, i've not been his biggest fan so far but he does seem to be playing well at the moment. We desperately need a striker to put some pressure on Doyle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum