Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton

+7
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 19:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a terrible performance especially second half when we created absolutely nothing! We have no cutting edge and we wouldn't have scored today even if we were still playing now

Evatt needs to pull the same trick he did last January to get us out of this slump.

22Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 23:32

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck me, another shameful performance.

I've heard it's 6 away games WITHOUT A FUCKING GOAL. That statistic alone should be enough for Shazza to show the manager the door.

He absolutely has to go or we're heading back to League 2.

Our next away day is Rotherham Nat, so that will make it 7!!

23Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 11 2021, 23:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought that in the Fleetwood game it was understandable that we didn't play the flowing football that Evatt is aiming for due to the terrible weather conditions but today there was no such excuse available.
It was awful and I can't name a single player who earned his corn. Maybe MJ.
Without fluent passing and movement we are sitting ducks as we aren't a particularly big physical side and if we aren't playing well we'll get bullied and teams will have their way with us.
Accrington weren't great but when you'd expect some sort of response we had 70 minutes of ..... nothing.
No fluency, no fight, no plan B.
Perhaps the most disappointing thing was the recurring theme of having the majority of possession but less attempts on goal. That tells a story i.e. shot-shy even when we're trailing.

I have no doubt that Evatt will stick dogmatically to his principles in the January window and aim to loan talented but lightweight kids which would be fine as long as it's working but a winter of playing in conditions that won't be ideal for fancy football could well see us sink even further.

Somehow he has to find a way to adapt his system and formation as and when required, but until then we'll continue to suffer IMO.

24Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 13 2021, 17:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hope he gets to fuck with his loan players, we're not going up, and unlikely to go down, so why bother with loans? when what we need to be doing is building a team for the future, and getting players in on permanent contracts what we need is more height, more fight, and fuck Doyle off as soon as possible

25Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 13 2021, 17:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Hope he gets to fuck with his loan players, we're not going up, and unlikely to go down, so why bother with loans? when what we need to be doing is building a team for the future, and getting players in on permanent contracts what we need is more height, more fight, and fuck Doyle off as soon as possible

Afolayan and John both came on loan last January and ended up signing for us in the summer - so I would imagine that's part of the thought process.

I doubt we really have much money for transfers and from a business perspective FV have to have one eye on Covid possibly closing the season down again or if not, playing to empty stadiums.

I would imagine that whatever is going to happen has more or less already have been agreed and approved - didn't Evatt bring most if not all of last year January singings at the beginning of the month - I expect similar will happen this time too.

I guess we'll all find out what actual does happen soon enough.

26Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 13 2021, 17:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Hope he gets to fuck with his loan players, we're not going up, and unlikely to go down, so why bother with loans? when what we need to be doing is building a team for the future, and getting players in on permanent contracts what we need is more height, more fight, and fuck Doyle off as soon as possible
If it could be guaranteed that we won't get promoted if we sign quality loanees or we won't get relegated if our loanees aren't good enough I'd agree with you.
I don't think either can be guaranteed and we'll only get one shot at handing out longer contracts so I'd be more inclined to hang on and see where we are at the end of the season.

Plus if Evatt doesn't turn things around, wouldn't you want the next manager to be in a position to make signings rather than let Evatt blow the war fund now?

27Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 13 2021, 18:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Hope he gets to fuck with his loan players, we're not going up, and unlikely to go down, so why bother with loans?

I'd say it's highly likely we could go down.

I keep reading crap about "we'll improve once the injured players are fit". Which players are these? Is someone going to come back and score 10 goals?

If I was Shazza I'd keep my chequebook firmly locked away or we'll end up with another load of strikers who don't strike.

28Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Accrington Stanley 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 13 2021, 19:17

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
If it could be guaranteed that we won't get promoted if we sign quality loanees or we won't get relegated if our loanees aren't good enough I'd agree with you.
I don't think either can be guaranteed and we'll only get one shot at handing out longer contracts so I'd be more inclined to hang on and see where we are at the end of the season.

Plus if Evatt doesn't turn things around, wouldn't you want the next manager to be in a position to make signings rather than let Evatt blow the war fund now?

Agree with that lusty, let’s do as little as we need in January and wait until the summer to fully rebalance the side. A good number of contracts are up then and players will leave anyway allowing new blood to come in. I don’t think IE needs a big war fund either, just enough to sign a few quality players on competitive wages, which is what the likes of Wigan have done and it’s worked for them so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum