Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 50]

581How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 12:17

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Totally agree.

IF he was a completely different person with completely different policies and a completely different personality he might get my vote.

Seeing that seems unlikely, HOPEFULLY he will just f*** off.
Ha, it is a bit like that Lusty but despite all the problems, I still believe Boris is the best of the worst at the moment and as long as he can be reigned in on some of the mad plans Carrie has coerced him into by the grown ups, it could still play well for the party.

Let’s face it, there is still no serious opposition with Starmer in charge and as long as the Labour Party refuse to give an unequivocal statement that they have no intention of rejoining the single market and customs Union of the EU, nobody will take them seriously.

It does look like senior cabinet ministers are now going to force backtracking on the green agenda which has done so much damage to energy bills. This country should never be reliant on anyone else for energy with the natural resources we all have both under our feet and off our shores, be it fossil fuels or wave and wind power. Move towards renewables of course but instead of exporting jobs to China to produce windmills and solar panels, now we’re out of the EU, subsidise their build here instead.

Oil and gas will be needed for decades, whatever we do on renewables, so instead of importing it, extract it here in the U.K. and make jobs for Brits instead of foreigners and at the same time stop feathering Putins nest and the Qatari sheiks. Just common sense needed really.

582How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 13:20

Do you not think integrity is important in a leader Whites?

583How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Word leaking out of the Leader Group Dining Club /"there's a rumour" that they've decided it will be Sunak who is very well connected in those circles.
Obviously if this is true, it will take time for them to to instruct the 1922 and the whips - and they can't go for it just yet as Boris would probably win a year extension taking him too close to the next general election to make a replacement viable.
So they'll need a bit of time for Sunak to start distancing himself from Boris and for him to have stuff arranged to raise his profile, to line up the MPs until they have the numbers and to create a credible story line that will give Boris a relatively trouble-free exit (unless they go for the character assassination approach) - much of which will be set up through the Leader Group's media assets and smoke-filled back rooms.
Only a rumour at the moment but if it's true we'll start to see the telltale signs of a developing coup in the near future,

584How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't like Sunak either, i hate Tories in general but if pushed for a replacement for BoJo it would have to be Javid for me. I'm sure he's done the usual despicable Tory type things in the past but can't recall any at the moment, but i'm sure some on here can remind me.

585How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Don't like Sunak either, i hate Tories in general but if pushed for a replacement for BoJo it would have to be Javid for me. I'm sure he's done the usual despicable Tory type things in the past but can't recall any at the moment, but i'm sure some on here can remind me.
Sure but the rumour is that the "shareholders" are telling the "management" that they want Sunak in the top job and the "customers" will get what they're given.

586How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Word leaking out of the Leader Group Dining Club /"there's a rumour" that they've decided it will be Sunak who is very well connected in those circles.
Obviously if this is true, it will take time for them to to instruct the 1922 and the whips - and they can't go for it just yet as Boris would probably win a year extension taking him too close to the next general election to make a replacement viable.
So they'll need a bit of time for Sunak to start distancing himself from Boris and for him to have stuff arranged to raise his profile, to line up the MPs until they have the numbers and to create a credible story line that will give Boris a relatively trouble-free exit (unless they go for the character assassination approach) - much of which will be set up through the Leader Group's media assets and smoke-filled back rooms.
Only a rumour at the moment but if it's true we'll start to see the telltale signs of a developing coup in the near future,

Your source of this rumour wouldn't happen to come from social media that you tell us you don't 'do' would it by any chance...?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

587How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:47

wanderlust wrote:Word leaking out of the Leader Group Dining Club /"there's a rumour" that they've decided it will be Sunak who is very well connected in those circles.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't Sunak, and he's been pretty blatant in his manoeuvres so far that he's planning to take over from Boris when the time comes - also feels like the Mirza resignation was co-ordinated with him.

Watch this space i suppose.

588How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 17:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Don't like Sunak either, i hate Tories in general but if pushed for a replacement for BoJo it would have to be Javid for me. I'm sure he's done the usual despicable Tory type things in the past but can't recall any at the moment, but i'm sure some on here can remind me.
Hate is a word I never use Norpig. How can you hate what you don’t know? I’m a Tory as are millions of others and though I’ve never met you in person I’m sure we could get on really well over a pint. We may disagree on many things but I’m sure we’d agree on lots more just maybe not how we achieve them. 

As for Javid, thank goodness you’re not a Tory. I fully respect Saj but I wouldn’t want him as PM. That said I wouldn’t want Rishi either, or Liz Truss and despite what your whispers tell you, none of them will get the top job because BoJo isn’t going anywhere and even if he was forced into a vote he’d win it.

589How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 17:16

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Do you not think integrity is important in a leader Whites?
That’s an interesting question Troy. I’d love a PM with integrity but it wouldn’t be my first preferred attribute. I’d rather have someone who wins and if that means cheating to get there, then that’s fine by me. Don’t misunderstand me please. Do I like what Boris has presided over on Partygate, no of course not, it’s disgraceful but would I sack him for it? No. 

I didn’t vote for him because of his integrity and honesty, I knew what he was like. I voted for him because he could win. If you hired two rooms tonight and put Boris in one to speak and any other politician from parliament you like in the other, we both know which room would be full. That’s why he’s going nowhere and actually I don’t want him to. In his weakened position, he will not be able to continue to get away with transgressing on his manifesto promises. Net zero, immigration, NI Protocol, tax increases and the like all need to be either changed or acted upon. He has an 80 seat majority for goodness sake and he’s wasting it virtue signalling. Covid is hopefully over now so he needs to resolve all these and other issues. if he doesn’t do that and quickly, then yes he will need to go but not yet.

590How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Feb 04 2022, 22:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bombshell picture shows Boris Johnson holding can of beer at lockdown birthday party

Police have a photograph of Boris Johnson holding a can of a beer at his lockdown birthday party in June 2020, the Mirror has been told.

The Prime Minister is pictured standing next to Chancellor Rishi Sunak, who is holding a soft drink, in No10’s Cabinet Room.

Sources said Mr Johnson appeared to be raising his can of Estrella beer towards the camera in a toast.

The bombshell image was thought to have been taken by Mr Johnson’s official taxpayer-funded photographer who was documenting the event.

It is thought to be among 300 pictures submitted to the Metropolitan Police as evidence of rule-busting gatherings by senior civil servant Sue Gray.

These are believed to include photos taken at parties and those taken from security-system cameras showing when people entered and exited buildings.

Multiple images taken by the official No 10 photographer, Andrew Parsons, are also believed to have been handed over to Scotland Yard.

Downing Street has admitted staff “gathered briefly” at a surprise birthday celebration organised by Carrie Johnson - but said the PM only stayed 10 minutes.

But at the time social gatherings indoors were still forbidden under lockdown laws as the country emerged from the first wave of the pandemic.

Barrister Adam Wagner, an expert in Covid laws, said: “The legal question for the Prime Minister is whether he participated in the gathering.

“The fact that he was photographed holding a beer strongly suggest he did and therefore committed a criminal offence of the regulations”.

The picture shows the two senior politicians surrounded by No 10 aides in the Cabinet Room but no birthday cake, sources said.

Mrs Johnson led up top 30 staff in a chorus of happy birthday before tucking into picnic food from M&S, it has been claimed.

Lulu Lytle, the interior designer behind lavish renovations of the Downing Street flat, also briefly attended.

The Chancellor is understood to have attended the event as he turned up for a Covid meeting, but had not been invited in advance.

Mr Sunak, hotly tipped as next PM, admitted this week that the ‘Partygate’ row had damaged trust in the Government.

Initial reports that Mr Johnson was “ambushed” with a birthday cake were later denied by his close allies.

Later that evening, the PM and his wife were said to have hosted family friends in their residence upstairs in an apparent further breach of the rules.

Downing Street denied these claims - saying the PM hosted a small number of family members outside instead.

Mr Parsons, one of three official photographers funded by the taxpayer, is a regular presence in No 10, taking snaps of the PM at some of his most significant moments.

These included the dramatic picture of Mr Johnson roaring when the exit poll for his historic 2019 election victory was revealed.

Labour ’s deputy leader Angela Rayner said: “The Downing Street photographer is funded by the taxpayer, and the public have every right to see the photos they pay to have taken, including any of the Prime Minister’s birthday party.

“Following the Met Police investigation, the Sue Gray report must be published in its entirety with all accompanying evidence - photos, videos and testimony.”

A No 10 spokesman admitted: “A group of staff working in No 10 that day gathered briefly in the Cabinet Room after a meeting to wish the Prime Minister a happy birthday.

“He was there for less than ten minutes.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bombshell-picture-shows-boris-johnson-26144515

591How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 00:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's started Smile

592How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 00:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

593How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 00:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yup.

It's Riski.

594How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 08:44

Whitesince63 wrote:
That’s an interesting question Troy. I’d love a PM with integrity but it wouldn’t be my first preferred attribute. I’d rather have someone who wins and if that means cheating to get there, then that’s fine by me. Don’t misunderstand me please. Do I like what Boris has presided over on Partygate, no of course not, it’s disgraceful but would I sack him for it? No. 

I didn’t vote for him because of his integrity and honesty, I knew what he was like. I voted for him because he could win. If you hired two rooms tonight and put Boris in one to speak and any other politician from parliament you like in the other, we both know which room would be full. That’s why he’s going nowhere and actually I don’t want him to. In his weakened position, he will not be able to continue to get away with transgressing on his manifesto promises. Net zero, immigration, NI Protocol, tax increases and the like all need to be either changed or acted upon. He has an 80 seat majority for goodness sake and he’s wasting it virtue signalling. Covid is hopefully over now so he needs to resolve all these and other issues. if he doesn’t do that and quickly, then yes he will need to go but not yet.

Fair play for always replying Whites. What I don’t understand is, if Boris was to stay - could you actually believe a word he says in a manifesto?

Of larger concern is, will the public end up taking that view of all politicians? If so, democracy is fundamentally damaged.

595How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What do you think about the Leaders Group turning on Boris White?
In my view they've backed him because of his electability but must now think Riski is better placed to hold the fort as the timing has to be soon. They've always preferred Riski because he's well-connected in the Leaders Group billionaire circles, but I reckon that they've decided that on balance their chances of keeping control of our country now lie with Riski.

596How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 10:55

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Fair play for always replying Whites. What I don’t understand is, if Boris was to stay - could you actually believe a word he says in a manifesto?

Of larger concern is, will the public end up taking that view of all politicians? If so, democracy is fundamentally damaged.
I’ll always reply Troy and I know sometimes we can get abrasive but that’s good because it means we feel strongly about our opinions and can make them without getting personal or insulting. At the end of the day, we both want what’s best but might disagree how we get there. As for honesty, do you think the public believe any of them are really honest? 😉

597How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 10:58

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:What do you think about the Leaders Group turning on Boris White?
In my view they've backed him because of his electability but must now think Riski is better placed to hold the fort as the timing has to be soon. They've always preferred Riski because he's well-connected in the Leaders Group billionaire circles, but I reckon that they've decided that on balance their chances of keeping control of our country now lie with Riski.

I think it’s irrelevant Lusty because it’s individual MP’s who will make any decision and I still believe the majority will back Boris even if we do have a challenge. As for Rishi, I do like him but don’t think he’ll be PM if Boris does go. As I’ve said before, favourites rarely win and for me Penny Maudant is still the one I’d put my money on.

598How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 11:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

I think it’s irrelevant Lusty because it’s individual MP’s who will make any decision and I still believe the majority will back Boris even if we do have a challenge. As for Rishi, I do like him but don’t think he’ll be PM if Boris does go. As I’ve said before, favourites rarely win and for me Penny Maudant is still the one I’d put my money on.
Huff Post publishes Boris's letter to MPs here.

599How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 13:20

Whitesince63 wrote:
I’ll always reply Troy and I know sometimes we can get abrasive but that’s good because it means we feel strongly about our opinions and can make them without getting personal or insulting. At the end of the day, we both want what’s best but might disagree how we get there. As for honesty, do you think the public believe any of them are really honest? 😉

I think multiple governments have damaged public trust in politicians, cash for questions, expenses, Iraq War - so far this government have gone above and beyond all of that, and goes beyond being widespread - I see it as an intentional strategy to try and pull the wool over the electorates eyes - while attacking democratic institutions which stand in the way much like Trump, Bolsonaro, Modi and Erdogan have undertaken in their respective countries.

It's a slippery slope, we need to hold our politicians to higher standards and address the slide.

600How is the Tory government doing? - Page 30 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Feb 05 2022, 13:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I quite agree with that ^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum