Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 50]

901How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Apr 13 2022, 17:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Stop assuming you know what I am posting.  

I couldn’t be bothered to go through the list and cross referencing them.  I also didn’t state that during every war we had a change of prime minister. I also didn’t state the reason for changing the prime minister was for a domestic reason. 

I simply listed all the Uk conflicts and all the prime ministers, and stated we have changed prime minister several times during a war/conflict.  Which is true.

What was the point of your post then?

I could have done the same but instead of talking about changing Prime Ministers I could instead have talked about changing BWFC managers?

Would that imply that every time there was a war we changed our manager, or only sometimes, or most often not at all?

And when we did was that because of the war or because the football team was bad and the manager got sacked and thus had nothing to do with a war going on at the time, or that the manager wanted to retire at the season and again it had nothing to do with the war at all?

Fair play to you listing out the wars and also linking to a list of all our Prime Ministers but there's not much anyone can gain from it other than that - is that all you wanted people to get from your post or is there a point you are making that I have missed?

It is also true that BWFC have changed managers when there has been a war on - so what though?
You said we shouldn’t change PM during the current climates.  I think at least 1 other said the same, mums point was we have changed during a war before so we could easily do again.  Being in the current situation with everything is not a valid reason to not have a change.  In my opinion of course

902How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Apr 13 2022, 17:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Not enough evidence' to prosecute anyone over the leak of CCTV footage of Matt Hancock kissing his aide, as Britain's data watchdog officially closes probe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10715843/Not-evidence-prosecute-leak-CCTV-footage-Matt-Hancock-kissing-aide.html

"The Information Commissioner's Office said it had now closed its criminal investigation, which saw two homes raided in the south of England and computers seized last year. "

Not enough evidence?! No one should be prosecuted anyway?

903How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Apr 13 2022, 17:58

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Nobody "voted overwhelmingly for Brexit" White - it was a 2% swing margin and ever since then the numbers who would vote for Brexit again have plummeted to around around 17% of the population. But more to the point, Labour were pro-Brexit weren't they?

My question is why aren't the government running the country? Inflation has just topped 7% and prices are rocketing,  businesses are failing, exports are down, unemployment is rising, crops are being ploughed back into fields, livestock is being slaughtered and not sold, exporters are facing more red tape than ever before and queuing back for miles at the ports, no new trade deals are getting done, GDP has stagnated - WTF are these clowns actually doing about it?

Perhaps the thread title should be changed to "WHAT is the Tory government doing?"
You really are a complete myopic when it comes to Brexit aren’t you? Over 400 of the 650 seats voted Brexit, my own Barnsley constituency voted 68% leave and they weren’t the highest by any means, so I’d call that pretty overwhelming. However the point of my post was to illustrate the sheer hypocrisy of Rachel Reeves asking constituents to overrule their Tory MPs over Partygate when MPs, including my own Labour numpty, completely disregarded their voters over Brexit. MPs like Reeves only consider constituents views when it suits them, which is why nobody trusts any of them today.

904How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Apr 13 2022, 18:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First minister QUITS over PM's Partygate law-breaking: Tory peer Lord Wolfson resigns from government over 'scale and nature' of Downing Street COVID breaches

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10716001/Lord-Wolfson-resigns-government-scale-nature-Downing-Street-COVID-breaches.html

905How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Apr 13 2022, 21:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Stop assuming you know what I am posting.  

I couldn’t be bothered to go through the list and cross referencing them.  I also didn’t state that during every war we had a change of prime minister. I also didn’t state the reason for changing the prime minister was for a domestic reason. 

I simply listed all the Uk conflicts and all the prime ministers, and stated we have changed prime minister several times during a war/conflict.  Which is true.

What was the point of your post then?

I could have done the same but instead of talking about changing Prime Ministers I could instead have talked about changing BWFC managers?

Would that imply that every time there was a war we changed our manager, or only sometimes, or most often not at all?

And when we did was that because of the war or because the football team was bad and the manager got sacked and thus had nothing to do with a war going on at the time, or that the manager wanted to retire at the season and again it had nothing to do with the war at all?

Fair play to you listing out the wars and also linking to a list of all our Prime Ministers but there's not much anyone can gain from it other than that - is that all you wanted people to get from your post or is there a point you are making that I have missed?

It is also true that BWFC have changed managers when there has been a war on - so what though?
You said we shouldn’t change PM during the current climates.  I think at least 1 other said the same, mums point was we have changed during a war before so we could easily do again.  Being in the current situation with everything is not a valid reason to not have a change.  In my opinion of course

No I never said that???

Read again what I posted.

I posed the question, not stated my opinion on the matter!

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:Breaking news it that BoJo and Sunak have been fined as part of the lockdown parties enquiry. Surely they must both step down now?

In normal times then yes they certainly should.

However is in the middle of a war the right time to do it?

Do we really want a leadership election and no one in control until that's decided?

Is Liz Truss who is probably the favourite right now, who we want to head the country at this time?

Breaking news as I type Carrie has also received a lockdown fine.

And you talk about me making assumptions!!!

Rolling Eyes

906How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Apr 13 2022, 23:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In normal times then yes they certainly should.

907How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 01:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:In normal times then yes they certainly should.

What's your problem?

I set that as the introduction to my question, not as some sort of opinion of mine???

The question I asked was that under normal circumstances they should resign, however during this war should that still be the case?

That's why I put in all those question marks to the points that needed to be considered.

I never at any time stated what my view was.

In fact I still haven't stated what view I hold.

And just because the Prime Minister may have changed at random times in the past during a war or conflict doesn't mean that it is right to do so in the circumstances of this war.

In fact unless I've missed it we haven't declared war on anybody yet and I strongly suspect the whole idea of what the west is doing is to make as sure as we can that it doesn't escalate beyond the war between Russia and Ukraine.

The question I was asking is that the Conservatives have no obvious replacement for Johnson, so if he and Sunak did go who takes charge of our foreign and economic polices whilst we sit and twiddle our thumbs for the next month or so waiting for them to organise a leadership ballot?

What do we do in the meantime - stop giving additional and much needed aid to Ukraine, do nothing if if the war takes a nasty turn and so called red lines are crossed???  We wouldn't have anybody in charge to make such calls, in theory it would be Dominic Rabb in his position of Deputy PM (which is more a ceremonial position than an intended and active one).

We've got a PM  very few want (probably few want the Chancellor of the Exchequer either) but they are in place at the time and my question was leading to, is it better to have a leader in place right now than none at all for the next four or five weeks whilst all the shit is happening in the Ukraine.

The question runs far deeper than Boris did wrong he should go!

The question I've asked is that Boris did do wrong and should go - but should he go right now with what is happening in Ukraine and our country's active support and involvement with aiding the Ukrainian government who is under attack?

Should we in effect throw Ukraine under the bus to get rid of Boris and await the appointment of his successor, or should we get rid of Boris when the Ukraine conflict has been resolved.

Clearly a much more considered and delicate decision that needs to be thought through rather than your 'mums' random list of wars and PM's that you kindly posted which proved nothing much different than my point about BWFC  managers being replaced during wars and conflicts.

908How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 08:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is Boris actually doing to help Ukraine that anyone else elected as PM couldn't do though? His government are making it extremely difficult for the refugees to get here and we are not supplying the Ukrainian military with weapons are we?

If it's true that he could be getting at least another 2 fines then what happens then? He and his party are just laughing at us and getting away with whatever they want.

909How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 08:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He only went for a photo opportunity to make himself look good.

910How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 09:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:What is Boris actually doing to help Ukraine that anyone else elected as PM couldn't do though? His government are making it extremely difficult for the refugees to get here and we are not supplying the Ukrainian military with weapons are we?

If it's true that he could be getting at least another 2 fines then what happens then? He and his party are just laughing at us and getting away with whatever they want.

Of course we are supplying Ukraine with 'deadly' military aid!!!

We are the only European country supplying the 'advanced' 'deadly' military aid and countries such as Germany and France have sent them nothing other than 'non deadly' aid such as helmets and body bags!  The Baltic states, Poland and Slovakia, who were all behind Russia's Iron Curtain following WWII and are next in line to be attacked if Putin wants to go further, are helping Ukraine out with the weapons they have but these aren't modern compared to the stuff we are giving to Ukraine.

As for Johnson don't think of him as the person, it is his position as head of the executive as Prime Minister, that is the important part here.

The PM position holds the power to make executive decisions such as supplying arms and proving millions of pounds to the Ukraine without the need to go through Parliament first - compare that with Ursula von der Leyen who as President of the European Commission has been promising Ukraine similar things but she can't deliver on here pledges until it goes through the European Parliament and where all 27 member countries have to vote to support the motion.

Hungary has just reelected their PM who is a big supporter of Putin, Germany refuses to stop buying Russian gas and oil, Le Pen (if elected) pledges to take France out of NATO etc, etc.

So to all intents and purposes it is only the UK (in Europe) that can immediately keep supplying 'deadly' arms and money to Ukraine and that is done through the executive powers of the PM.

If we have no PM, then put simply we can no longer do what we have been doing to support Ukraine in the way we have and won't be able to do so until a new PM is elected and that (in this case) will be done by the Conservatives electing a new leader, which would normally take around a month or so.

That is why it is important to think carefully of the consequences of throwing Boris under the bus now (where I think nearly every decent person wants him to end up) now rather than doing so after the Ukraine conflict has been stabilised and secured.

911How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 09:49

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As a Tory, am I happy with Boris, No? Do I think Partygate was disrespectful and disingenuous, yes of course I do. Do I think that he’s delivered on Brexit, No? Do I think he’s gone back on clear Manifesto promises like Tax and the Triple Lock, yes? Do I think he deserves to continue as PM, No but do I think he should go right now, No I don’t? I’ve said all along that the lockdown itself was a catastrophic mistake and totally and completely unnecessary. The governments refusal to listen to alternative views to the Sage “experts” bordered on criminal itself. More lives were both lost and ruined because of it than saved and we’ve now ended up with not just huge debt, uneducated kids, record mental health levels, businesses closed and also an NHS waiting list of historic levels. Yes Boris should go but not right now. Let’s find out the full details of Partygate first, the May election results and hopefully an end to the war in Ukraine. Then will be the time for change but not now.

912How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 10:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:As a Tory, am I happy with Boris, No? Do I think Partygate was disrespectful and disingenuous, yes of course I do. Do I think that he’s delivered on Brexit, No? Do I think he’s gone back on clear Manifesto promises like Tax and the Triple Lock, yes? Do I think he deserves to continue as PM, No but do I think he should go right now, No I don’t? I’ve said all along that the lockdown itself was a catastrophic mistake and totally and completely unnecessary. The governments refusal to listen to alternative views to the Sage “experts” bordered on criminal itself. More lives were both lost and ruined because of it than saved and we’ve now ended up with not just huge debt, uneducated kids, record mental health levels, businesses closed and also an NHS waiting list of historic levels. Yes Boris should go but not right now. Let’s find out the full details of Partygate first, the May election results and hopefully an end to the war in Ukraine. Then will be the time for change but not now.
What difference will it make if he goes right now?
None.

There is nothing he can do that a replacement can't and anyway Ukraine isn't taking up all his time by a long chalk - our troops aren't actually fighting and yet in previous wars where we have had soldiers dying and massive military operations going on, changing the PM has never been an issue.

The USA is sending Ukraine heavy artillery and armoured vehicles, the EU are sending air defence systems, anti tank missiles and munitions as we are so what more is there to be done?

Meanwhile here in the UK, the economy is crashing on several fronts and we are desperately in need of a government that faces up to our problems before we turn into a third world country and won't be in a position to help ourselves, let alone anyone else.

At a time when Britain needs strong leadership we have an ostrich with his head in the sand who hasn't got the nads to face up to the issues that are worsening every day - and cynically using the suffering in Ukraine as a distraction from the problems he has been instrumental in creating.

913How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 10:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:What difference will it make if he goes right now?
None.

There is nothing he can do that a replacement can't and anyway Ukraine isn't taking up all his time by a long chalk - our troops aren't actually fighting and yet in previous wars where we have had soldiers dying and massive military operations going on, changing the PM has never been an issue.

The USA is sending Ukraine heavy artillery and armoured vehicles, the EU are sending air defence systems, anti tank missiles and munitions as we are so what more is there to be done?

Meanwhile here in the UK, the economy is crashing on several fronts and we are desperately in need of a government that faces up to our problems before we turn into a third world country and won't be in a position to help ourselves, let alone anyone else.

At a time when Britain needs strong leadership we have an ostrich with his head in the sand who hasn't got the nads to face up to the issues that are worsening every day - and cynically using the suffering in Ukraine as a distraction from the problems he has been instrumental in creating.

There's no point reasoning with someone with a closed mind like you but some points you should have considered are these -

1 - Who is this mythical strong leader we should have to take charge now???
2 - We aren't due a general election so if we did change PM it can only be through a change in the Conservative leadership - again who is this mythical strong leader that is going to suddenly appear and sort everything out???
3 - If in your 'know it all' opinion that America and the EU have done all that is needed to prop Ukraine up then why have we even bothered doing what we've done in supplying the armaments that we have?  Could it be perhaps because we can supply them immediately whilst the US and EU need to go through their constitutional procedures whilst we are able to do so under the PM's executive powers?
4 - And yes, there isn't anything Johnson can do that a replacement PM can't do BUT there won't be a replacement PM for a month or so - and in the interim all new aid to the Ukraine will be stopped or delayed.

Nobody but loonies want Johnson to continue as PM but the bigger question to all this is whether the consequences of doing it now will be greater than the consequences of doing it later, once the situation in the Ukraine has been kept from escalating and has stabilised, secured and is under control.

914How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

There's no point reasoning with someone with a closed mind like you but some points you should have considered are these -

2 - We aren't due a general election so if we did change PM it can only be through a change in the Conservative leadership - again who is this mythical strong leader that is going to suddenly appear and sort everything out???
3 - If in your 'know it all' opinion that America and the EU have done all that is needed to prop Ukraine up then why have we even bothered doing what we've done in supplying the armaments that we have?  Could it be perhaps because we can supply them immediately whilst the US and EU need to go through their constitutional procedures whilst we are able to do so under the PM's executive powers?
4 - And yes, there isn't anything Johnson can do that a replacement PM can't do BUT there won't be a replacement PM for a month or so - and in the interim all new aid to the Ukraine will be stopped or delayed.

Nobody but loonies want Johnson to continue as PM but the bigger question to all this is whether the consequences of doing it now will be greater than the consequences of doing it later, once the situation in the Ukraine has been kept from escalating and has stabilised, secured and is under control.
Why Dominic Raab obviously!
He's always wanted the job, is in pole position as Deputy Dawg and has no moral scruples whatsoever so he's perfectly qualified.
That said, White has a (diminishing) list of contenders....

915How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 11:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Why Dominic Raab obviously!
He's always wanted the job, is in pole position as Deputy Dawg and has no moral scruples whatsoever so he's perfectly qualified.
That said, White has a (diminishing) list of contenders....

So in your opinion Rabb is the strong leader you are crying out for who will make everything right.

I just want to be certain as to who you believe in your own mind you want the country's leader to be because being flippant as you obviously appear to be is simply you trying avoid the questions I've posed above.

You advocate this strong mythical leader but I suspect you have no idea yourself who that could possibly be.

You live in a fantasy world, easy to moan and bitch about the real word but have no idea whatsoever how your fantasy solutions could ever possibly happen.

Go on then, confirm unequivocally that Rabb is the leader you want to magically put everything right.

916How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 12:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

So in your opinion Rabb is the strong leader you are crying out for who will make everything right.

I just want to be certain as to who you believe in your own mind you want the country's leader to be because being flippant as you obviously appear to be is simply you trying avoid the questions I've posed above.

You advocate this strong mythical leader but I suspect you have no idea yourself who that could possibly be.

You live in a fantasy world, easy to moan and bitch about the real word but have no idea whatsoever how your fantasy solutions could ever possibly happen.

Go on then, confirm unequivocally that Rabb is the leader you want to magically put everything right.
You are an idiot.
Obviously you don't get it so why don't you go find a 4 year old child to explain it you?

917How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Notice the government are describing the Rwanda thing as sending asylum seekers for "processing".

Does that imply that the Rwandan government will actually make an assessment and send back the ones they don't want?
Or something more sinister? Dog food for example?
Or is it just carefully chosen wording that sounds better than deportation?

918How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 13:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

You are an idiot.
Obviously you don't get it so why don't you go find a 4 year old child to explain it you?

I might be an idiot but I'm grounded in reality.

You're the one acting like the petulant child throwing tantrums over Brexit and anything Tory.

I certainly 'get' that you sound off all the time but don't actually come up with anything better, just rhetoric such as we need strong leadership and led by those with nads - ok, so who are these strong leaders, how do they suddenly magically appear and instantaneously take over from Johnson?

There isn't any is there - that's the issue - and that's why you are yet again trying to avoid my point and instead, throw insults my way simply to avoid you acknowledging the reality of the situation.

You are just words and hatred, your answers to what you believe are needed simply either don't exist or impossible to do.

You're just a classic empty vessel...

Empty vessels make the most noise
PROVERB

Those with the least wisdom or knowledge are always the most talkative.

It defines you well.

919How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 13:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 C3e3a19fa619dc459bf30b4ece9f2546a7e1ede3

920How is the Tory government doing? - Page 46 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14 2022, 13:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I wasn't bitching I was simply stating facts.

Wanderlust calls for strong leadership, I ask him who such a person is and he can't name anyone - because there is simply no one about to replace Johnson right now - and that is fundamental to the question I posed namely should Johnson go now or go after the Ukraine situation is stable and secured.

Before he responds - if he does - yes he named Rabb in such a role but we know that was meant sarcastically to avoid giving a genuine answer (which he can't) so I called him out to confirm he genuinely meant that. He won't do that because -

1 - It isn't true (although he isn't adverse to lying), and,
2 - If he did say he meant it he would know it would be trotted out in future to remind him of what he stated so publicly on here.

He's once again dug a hole for himself...hence his bitching and all that always follows.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum