Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

921How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:00 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Code:
<blockquote
 class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">‘You’re asking me
 to pick my favourite flavour of animal poo
there’<br><br>Carl May is all of us. <a
href="https://t.co/SU20oOA1Gw">pic.twitter.com/SU20oOA1Gw</a></p>—
 Laugh And Let Die Entertainment (@LaughLetDie) <a
href="https://twitter.com/LaughLetDie/status/1514164244576620544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April
 13, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"
charset="utf-8"></script>

922How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:11 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

923How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:49 pm

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:I wasn't bitching I was simply stating facts.

Wanderlust calls for strong leadership, I ask him who such a person is and he can't name anyone - because there is simply no one about to replace Johnson right now - and that is fundamental to the question I posed namely should Johnson go now or go after the Ukraine situation is stable and secured.

Before he responds - if he does - yes he named Rabb in such a role but we know that was meant sarcastically to avoid giving a genuine answer (which he can't) so I called him out to confirm he genuinely meant that.  He won't do that because -

1 - It isn't true (although he isn't adverse to lying), and,
2 - If he did say he meant it he would know it would be trotted out in future to remind him of what he stated so publicly on here.

He's once again dug a hole for himself...hence his bitching and all that always follows.


I have to agree with Sluffy Karly, Lusty makes these comments without having a credible answer to them. My reason for not wanting a leadership fight now is because I actually believe Boris would win it, exactly because as Sluffy says, there is no obvious strong candidate who could do better. It’s also easy for Lusty to ridicule or overlook just what BoJo has done over the pandemic via the vaccination process and for me the excellent leadership and prompt action he’s taken over Ukraine. His commendation of Sleepy Joe and support for the noted inactivity of key EU states to do their part is lamentable. Austria have confirmed today that Putin won’t turn off their gas and Germany continue to use every bit they can in the hope that the war will be over before they’re forced to. Lusty really does let himself down some times and this I’m afraid is one of them.

924How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:59 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMAItODc0Zi1iMDk1LTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA5DmPtLwnUtPjqT0%2BWBpCKsHAAXOZEdA065Nm4RS010myPoAAAIBDAAAAAXOZEdA065Nm4RS010myPoABhXdMWEAAAABEgAQAMG9FeK0ADJCvRnHRIgJKdk%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkZBRDY1NDI2MkM2QUYyOTYxQUExRThDQUI3OEZGMUIyNzBFNzA3RTkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiItdFpVSml4cThwWWFvZWpLdDRfeHNuRG5CLWsifQ.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.LFx4-oeX3mV1_YmiBHL8u8KoDSwn_LFqsxvALh4uBi9PMkpK5iun_FhT0U-rPNq7cTRat9c0QZQyI0GFzeXsWrAeisrKGipJ43FSGDUwYSZ8aOoS_xZSyZfdAWxcHLEhpmdaDsZDm8tcvt_7FSLSfbtaSoeyQlcjyNP0LE0tW0CbuafKQdS3tGhqQ2JEti-ZDkELZ8M8sXzZ7zVULPnbHIyJ8cEHFOGVOZfZ-IyteXOpm_3_4McmYNUaXpLiTjA6Q4_lFkqAWLfCAJSYTmE1jIbB-YUnbZTxPlHavJXY6ZmZTpYiY9CraeNMBTbBzF2Ign_1FKovOlSxHNiQqxLqrQ&X-OWA-CANARY=P-hnb-LyTU68L5wqdmXu7CBvTzdAHtoYo1yH9EDEK0fHFgLYyk1-KMyoYxWhfZFQy6C2RqYOGbA.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20220401003

925How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:49 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This letter pretty much hits the nail on the head:-

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 FQOAH3NXoAQTUPB?format=jpg&name=large

926How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:52 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

I have to agree with Sluffy Karly, Lusty makes these comments without having a credible answer to them. My reason for not wanting a leadership fight now is because I actually believe Boris would win it, exactly because as Sluffy says, there is no obvious strong candidate who could do better. It’s also easy for Lusty to ridicule or overlook just what BoJo has done over the pandemic via the vaccination process and for me the excellent leadership and prompt action he’s taken over Ukraine. His commendation of Sleepy Joe and support for the noted inactivity of key EU states to do their part is lamentable. Austria have confirmed today that Putin won’t turn off their gas and Germany continue to use every bit they can in the hope that the war will be over before they’re forced to. Lusty really does let himself down some times and this I’m afraid is one of them.
What a load of codswallop! If you failed to pick up on my joke about Raab then the pair of you need to grow up. My actual answer to the question "who should replace Blojo is best expressed by Carl May in his BBC interview (twitter below)

What I actually said was that the country is in desperate need of strong leadership at this increasingly difficult time - which to anyone with a brain is a fact.

Why that caused you and idiot to write reams and reams of nonsense about that statement is beyond me and idiot's rant deserved a flippant response.

If either of you think that the country doesn't need strong leadership by all means make your case. Either that or actually take the trouble to read what I said before your knee starts jerking again.



Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

927How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:54 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[url=

928How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:27 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You are in some sort of parallel world mate, let's go through what you've just said shall we?

wanderlust wrote:What a load of codswallop! If you failed to pick up on my joke about Raab then the pair of you need to grow up.

I didn't pick up on your 'joke' did I not...?

Sluffy wrote:I just want to be certain as to who you believe in your own mind you want the country's leader to be because being flippant as you obviously appear to be is simply you trying avoid the questions I've posed above.

wanderlust wrote:What I actually said was that the country is in desperate need of strong leadership at this increasingly difficult time - which to anyone with a brain is a fact.

Ok I don't disagree who do you have in mind who could step in to lead the country?

wanderlust wrote:My actual answer to the question "who should replace Blojo is best expressed by Carl May in his BBC interview (twitter below)

Ah, so you've completely no idea who can fill the role - you just want Johnson out no matter what may happen afterwards...

Sluffy wrote:Wanderlust calls for strong leadership, I ask him who such a person is and he can't name anyone - because there is simply no one about to replace Johnson right now - and that is fundamental to the question I posed namely should Johnson go now or go after the Ukraine situation is stable and secured.

Sluffy wrote:You advocate this strong mythical leader but I suspect you have no idea yourself who that could possibly be.

You live in a fantasy world, easy to moan and bitch about the real word but have no idea whatsoever how your fantasy solutions could ever possibly happen.

So as expected you want Johnson gone but you don't know of ANYBODY better to replace him - brilliant!  Your answer to all this is remove Johnson and replace him with someone even shitter!!!

What a masterstroke that will be.

Sluffy wrote:There's no point reasoning with someone with a closed mind like you but some points you should have considered are these -

1 - Who is this mythical strong leader we should have to take charge now???
2 - We aren't due a general election so if we did change PM it can only be through a change in the Conservative leadership - again who is this mythical strong leader that is going to suddenly appear and sort everything out???

As always you try to twist and lie your way out of the hole you've dug...

wanderlust wrote:Why that caused you and idiot to write reams and reams of nonsense about that statement is beyond me and idiot's rant deserved a flippant response.

Neither I or 63 disagreed about having a strong leader - I simply asked you who you thought it should be - and you clearly had no answer - you very obviously hadn't thought through what you were demanding - how can we replace Johnson with a strong leader if one doesn't exist?

Sluffy wrote:
1 - Who is this mythical strong leader we should have to take charge now???
2 - We aren't due a general election so if we did change PM it can only be through a change in the Conservative leadership - again who is this mythical strong leader that is going to suddenly appear and sort everything out???

Nobody but loonies want Johnson to continue as PM but the bigger question to all this is whether the consequences of doing it now will be greater than the consequences of doing it later, once the situation in the Ukraine has been kept from escalating and has stabilised, secured and is under control.

As for reading what you've said - I have - you want Johnson out, you want a strong leader but you don't know of one - and the best you can come up with for the next Prime Minister, is it is akin to choosing your favourite flavour of animal poo!

Great you are clearly an utter nutjob.

wanderlust wrote:If either of you think that the country doesn't need strong leadership by all means make your case. Either that or actually take the trouble to read what I said before your knee starts jerking again.

Sluffy wrote:There's no point reasoning with someone with a closed mind like you...

You are absolutely bonkers mate

929How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:32 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More Tory MPs demand that the lying criminal should go now. Report here

930How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:25 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Telegraph mentions polls.

Unusual inasmuch that polls are temporary- maybe it's just a set up in case the Tories don't lose 800 council seats and the next general election?

931How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:37 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Telegraph mentions polls.

Unusual inasmuch that polls are temporary- maybe it's just a set up in case the Tories don't lose 800 council seats and the next general election?

They say a week is a long time in politics.

I'm sure that in the coming local elections in a couple of weeks the Conservatives will face a backlash at the polls over Johnson but I'm not sure if the would equate to them losing 800 seats though - it really depends which seats are standing on the day.

Council elections work on a four year cycle, so you need to look at the 2018 election to see who is standing this time - and in 2018 Labour under Corbyn was at their high point and had a big win on the night which means that Conservatives are already starting from a low point.

Apparently they will be defending 1,332 from 2018 (although there may have been some by-elections in the meantime) compared to Labours 2,353.

Also most of the seats standing are in the metropolitan areas (London, Greater Manchester, West Midlands Merseyside etc) which again are typically Labour seats in the main - and relatively few are in the predominantly Tory 'shire' seats - so again what Conservative seats that are standing would be considered 'safe' seats in normal times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_Kingdom_local_elections

I don't doubt the Conservatives will take a battering in that there will be tactical voting and many normal Tory voters may stay at home and not vote as their sign of disgust in Johnson but even then if the Conservatives lose 800 seats on the night it will be seen as a major political catastrophe.

Will that happen, I don't know but I'd be surprised if it did to that extent.

In many ways I hope it does as it would send out an unmistakeable message to the Tories over Johnson that he is now seen as a liability to them winning the next General Election in 2024

932How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:49 pm

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I tend to agree with that summary Sluffy, I don’t think the Tory’s will lose 800 seats either but how many we need to wait and see. Personally I don’t think it will be enough to see off Boris and if results don’t go badly it will kind of be seen as a mandate for him to carry on. As I’ve said before, I don’t think there will be enough letters going in to force a vote and even if there were I’m sure Boris would stand again and win again. It’s a poor state of affairs I accept but frankly I just don’t see another Tory who could expect to win standing against him.

933How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:07 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I tend to agree with that summary Sluffy, I don’t think the Tory’s will lose 800 seats either but how many we need to wait and see. Personally I don’t think it will be enough to see off Boris and if results don’t go badly it will kind of be seen as a mandate for him to carry on. As I’ve said before, I don’t think there will be enough letters going in to force a vote and even if there were I’m sure Boris would stand again and win again. It’s a poor state of affairs I accept but frankly I just don’t see another Tory who could expect to win standing against him.
I also agree - as I alluded - the Telegraph were just being sensationalist in order to stimulate their voters to turn out.

As you say White, it's a sad state of affairs when the only reason why we can't get rid of a crap leader is because his own supporters fear that a better alternative (i.e. someone who is not a liar or a criminal) wouldn't have the populist appeal to beat him.

IMO the bigger fear is that the Tories prioritise retaining power at the next election over the wellbeing of the country but I'm sure we differ on that view.

You have in the past suggested a couple of people you think would make a good PM though - are they not viable challengers?

934How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:18 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wow! History of Government expert, Lord Hennessy, pulls no punches in criticism of Mr. Johnson:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61134002

935How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:26 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Wow! History of Government expert, Lord Hennessy, pulls no punches in criticism of Mr. Johnson:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61134002

He is right.

Johnson needs to go.

However with what is happening in Ukraine and no mutually agreeable immediate replacement for him is now the right time to go, or should it wait until things in Ukraine have settled down?

936How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
I also agree - as I alluded - the Telegraph were just being sensationalist in order to stimulate their voters to turn out.

As you say White, it's a sad state of affairs when the only reason why we can't get rid of a crap leader is because his own supporters fear that a better alternative (i.e. someone who is not a liar or a criminal) wouldn't have the populist appeal to beat him.

IMO the bigger fear is that the Tories prioritise retaining power at the next election over the wellbeing of the country but I'm sure we differ on that view.

You have in the past suggested a couple of people you think would make a good PM though - are they not viable challengers?
There certainly one or two I could think of Lusty but that’s my own personal view and not necessarily one shared by other Tory members. Of course unless Boris actually resigns and walks away, I can’t see anyone who would beat him if he stood again, which I’m sure he would if it was just a bunch of MPs who forced a vote. As I said, I don’t expect a catastrophic result in the local elections because most votes aren’t in Tory heartlands, so actually Labour may have more to lose if anything. Neither do I think Partygate will do for him unless there are numerous fines and a slaughtering by the Grey report when it airs.

Personally as I’ve said before, I’m really not bothered by Partygate, I think lockdown was a sham anyway and most people broke the rules at some point. I’m more concerned about the cost of living, breaking manifesto promises and the stupid green agenda which nobody voted for. These are the issues that matter to people, not whether a group of workmates had cake and wine after work, or on somebody’s birthday or leaving do. I know Boris made the law and appeared every night to tell us to adhere to it but most didn’t, unless they were forced to for visiting, funerals etc. So I think you’re going to be disappointed because Boris is going nowhere for now.

937How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:01 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
There certainly one or two I could think of Lusty but that’s my own personal view and not necessarily one shared by other Tory members. Of course unless Boris actually resigns and walks away, I can’t see anyone who would beat him if he stood again, which I’m sure he would if it was just a bunch of MPs who forced a vote. As I said, I don’t expect a catastrophic result in the local elections because most votes aren’t in Tory heartlands, so actually Labour may have more to lose if anything. Neither do I think Partygate will do for him unless there are numerous fines and a slaughtering by the Grey report when it airs.

Personally as I’ve said before, I’m really not bothered by Partygate, I think lockdown was a sham anyway and most people broke the rules at some point. I’m more concerned about the cost of living, breaking manifesto promises and the stupid green agenda which nobody voted for. These are the issues that matter to people, not whether a group of workmates had cake and wine after work, or on somebody’s birthday or leaving do. I know Boris made the law and appeared every night to tell us to adhere to it but most didn’t, unless they were forced to for visiting, funerals etc. So I think you’re going to be disappointed because Boris is going nowhere for now.
I think you're missing the point about "Partygate". It's not that he attended - or instigated as some suggest - several parties and received a £50 fine when others were fined thousands that matters.
What matters is that he is the prime minister and he imposed those rules on everyone else. What matters is that he is supposed to lead by example. What matters above all is that he lied to parliament and to the country.

Surely only an idiot would follow a leader that lies to them?

"Right lads. Just jump out of the trench and charge the German lines. It's perfectly safe. I'll be along in a minute."

938How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:09 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I think you're missing the point about "Partygate". It's not that he attended - or instigated as some suggest - several parties and received a £50 fine when others were fined thousands that matters.
What matters is that he is the prime minister and he imposed those rules on everyone else. What matters is that he is supposed to lead by example. What matters above all is that he lied to parliament and to the country.

Surely only an idiot would follow a leader that lies to them?

"Right lads. Just jump out of the trench and charge the German lines. It's perfectly safe. I'll be along in a minute."

Sluffy wrote:You do make me laugh though, simply ignoring and pretending my posts don't exist when they completely refute what you say - don't you think everyone else can't see your weird and mental behaviour or something???

Sluffy wrote:
okocha wrote:Wow! History of Government expert, Lord Hennessy, pulls no punches in criticism of Mr. Johnson:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61134002

He is right.

Johnson needs to go.

However with what is happening in Ukraine and no mutually agreeable immediate replacement for him is now the right time to go, or should it wait until things in Ukraine have settled down?
Sluffy wrote:

Sluffy wrote:I just want to be certain as to who you believe in your own mind you want the country's leader to be because being flippant as you obviously appear to be is simply you trying avoid the questions I've posed above.

wanderlust wrote:What I actually said was that the country is in desperate need of strong leadership at this increasingly difficult time - which to anyone with a brain is a fact.

Ok I don't disagree who do you have in mind who could step in to lead the country?

wanderlust wrote:My actual answer to the question "who should replace Blojo is best expressed by Carl May in his BBC interview (twitter below)

Ah, so you've completely no idea who can fill the role - you just want Johnson out no matter what may happen afterwards...

Sluffy wrote:Wanderlust calls for strong leadership, I ask him who such a person is and he can't name anyone - because there is simply no one about to replace Johnson right now - and that is fundamental to the question I posed namely should Johnson go now or go after the Ukraine situation is stable and secured.

Sluffy wrote:You advocate this strong mythical leader but I suspect you have no idea yourself who that could possibly be.

You live in a fantasy world, easy to moan and bitch about the real word but have no idea whatsoever how your fantasy solutions could ever possibly happen.

So as expected you want Johnson gone but you don't know of ANYBODY better to replace him - brilliant!  Your answer to all this is remove Johnson and replace him with someone even shitter!!!

What a masterstroke that will be.

939How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:17 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

940How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:25 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's face it - anyone with an ounce of honesty and morality would be an upgrade - ideally someone whose primary motivation was to do a good job for the country rather than to cling on to power.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum