Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Wycombe Wanderers GAME OFF - COVID IN BOLTON CAMP

+7
Whitesince63
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next up we have the first of 2 home games, where we tend to have more of a chance of getting some points.  We only played these a few weeks ago and we were unlucky to not get anything from the game.  Since we played them, they are unbeaten, winning 2 (Plymouth 3-0; Burton 2-1) and drawing 2 (Sheff Wed 2-2; AFC Wimbledone 2-2)

Hopefully we can get something from the game!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There will have to be an improvement of cosmic proportions to get anything from this game against a decent team competing for promotion.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Natasha would say, we’re going to get dicked.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dicked.

I bet Akinfenwa's eyes are lighting up at the thought of playing this team.

0-6.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yikes. A few games ago I should have said this is winnable. Now I'm not sure until I see the line up.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Glad to see the board so positive!! 😊 Things have surely got to turn for us soon and hopefully it will be on Saturday? I don’t think the crowd will be as big as normal due to both dissatisfaction, Omicron, Christmas shopping and the membership scheme, so support will be lower but everyone there needs to get behind the team because they need it. For me, if all the players perform and instead of missing our chances we can at last pot a couple, there’s no reason we can’t win and what a confidence booster it would be, so I’m going positive and say a 2-1 win to the Whites.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Our Sky Bet League One fixture against Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday 18th December has been postponed.

Bolton Wanderers informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixture at the University of Bolton Stadium due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases in their squad.

In light of the increased transmission rate of the Omicron variant, the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement. In addition, it will assist affected Clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

A rearranged date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I had just made a decision not to attend, not missed many home games since we moved to the Reebok but the spread of this little bastard made me consider protecting my family Christmas. I hope they potpone a few more until the cavary arrive.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think based on this apparent fact...

...I expect to see a halt to the leagues very soon.

41% of players have not even had a first jab yet and the science says even two jabs give little protection to Omicron so its pretty certain loads of players will end up catching it in the next few weeks.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We’ll if it’s as mild as they say it is it could be a good thing if the unvaccinated players do catch it because it will apparently strengthen their immune system better than vaccination does. Players have to test every day now so it’s entirely likely many more games will have to be postponed as they test positive.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's good to know we won't lose yet another match on Saturday.

Plus it gives some of the old crocks more time to recover.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We sure need the Boxing Day match to go ahead, hopefully a big crowd and three points.

Now that is fantasy football.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:We sure need the Boxing Day match to go ahead, hopefully a big crowd and three points.

Now that is fantasy football.

Financially I agree Cajun and we really should get 3 much needed points from that one but the way things are going I can see a complete shut down through January until we see just how damaging Omicron is.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes,  I agree.

It feels like there is a big black cloud that is going to descend on to football in the very near future.

I was trying to be positve.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:We’ll if it’s as mild as they say it is it could be a good thing if the unvaccinated players do catch it because it will apparently strengthen their immune system better than vaccination does.

We already know that Omicron has high transmitability - which is a problem in itself because it creates millions of human "petri dishes" each of which has the potential to host a mutation into something far, far nastier. Omicron already has the high transmitability element so it only needs to evolve a deadly element and bye bye humanity.

Less transmission = less chance of a really nasty mutation.

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

wessy wrote:I had just made a decision not to attend, not missed many home games since we moved to the Reebok but the spread of this little bastard made me consider protecting my family Christmas. I hope they potpone a few more until the cavary arrive.
hihi lets hope they do pot pone until the cavery do arrive with a meaty christmas......sorry wessy just having a laugh here

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blimey - that's a stretch Dutch! And even then not many Brits know what pone actually is.
And I'm assuming you're referring to the 7th cavery potholing division? Very Happy
Still you're excused shit jokes seeing as it's almost Xmas - have a good one amigo!

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Merry christmas to all of you santa

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

dutchwhites63 wrote:Merry christmas to all of you santa

Merry Christmas to you Dutch and make sure you keep safe. 🎄

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic