Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Ipswich

+9
wessy
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Whitesince63
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41bolton - Bolton 2-0 Ipswich - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Ipswich Sun Jan 16 2022, 22:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:The main thing for me is that we looked competitive and capable of scoring again and if we perform like that every week we should start to pull away from the bottom of the table. Negotiate Shrewsbury and Sunderland  and we'll be in good shape for February's run of winnable games.

Its funny how the actual result affects the way someone views the pros and cons of a match. 
You said we looked competitive and capable of scoring again. (and I suspect most would agree).

However, had Ipswich scored a header from a corner and those two slices of luck hadn't happened at the other end for our goals, the same people would come away from the 1-0 defeat saying we didn't create anything yet again and we are not quick enough to attack.

Let's be realistic. In many many other games we have created far more chances and many more clear cut opportunities than we did against Ipswich yesterday, but when the goals didn't go in, everyone gets on the teams back and says we don't offer anything going forward.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

42bolton - Bolton 2-0 Ipswich - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Ipswich Mon Jan 17 2022, 18:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

Its funny how the actual result affects the way someone views the pros and cons of a match. 
You said we looked competitive and capable of scoring again. (and I suspect most would agree).

However, had Ipswich scored a header from a corner and those two slices of luck hadn't happened at the other end for our goals, the same people would come away from the 1-0 defeat saying we didn't create anything yet again and we are not quick enough to attack.

Let's be realistic. In many many other games we have created far more chances and many more clear cut opportunities than we did against Ipswich yesterday, but when the goals didn't go in, everyone gets on the teams back and says we don't offer anything going forward.
Agree to some extent and one swallow doesn't make a summer. That said the change in system that I've been hoping for for months and decent debuts from the new signings gave us a bit more at both ends of the pitch than we've seen recently and overall we looked more mobile and competitive.
Whether that will be similar against different teams and styles of play remains to be seen but I think we showed enough to ease our current relegation trap concerns - or certainly mine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum