Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

James Trafford signs on loan

+8
Whitesince63
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
wessy
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1James Trafford signs on loan Empty James Trafford signs on loan Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:46 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:27 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I just wonder why he wants to be a backup goalie here - can't see him replacing Dixon at the moment and not impossible we are back in League two next season. Also, since this is only a loan till end of season, I wonder what the real story is.
Maybe a good old look-see before signing him permanently?  Doesn't that make three young goalies we have now? which is not a good mix age wise IMO.
Good luck to the lad of course.

3James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:06 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never hea.......

Oh what's the point, I've never heard of any of 'em.

We almost signed Rivaldo once. There was a fax and everything. Those were the days of proper transfers.

4James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:13 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another kid. Another mistake.

5James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:31 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't even keep his place in the Accrington team.

6James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Never hea.......

We almost signed Rivaldo once. There was a fax and everything. Those were the days of proper transfers.
Those were the days  Very Happy

What was the name of the Portuguese player we were always linked to back then as well?

7James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:41 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Never hea.......

Those were the days  Very Happy

What was the name of the Portuguese player we were always linked to back then as well?

Was it Luis Figo?

8James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember Megson trying to sign Miguel Veloso. Sporting Lisbon were after around £20million. I think we went up to around £14million and eventually pulled out.

9James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:34 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I remember Megson trying to sign Miguel Veloso. Sporting Lisbon were after around £20million. I think we went up to around £14million and eventually pulled out.
That was him! We were linked with him every transfer window for a couple of years  Very Happy

10James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 am

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’m not sure whether this is a bold or stupid move by Evatt. Of all the positions on the field I’d say that GK is arguably the most important and also the one where experience is most important yet Evatt continues to play youth there. Surely Gilks coming in last year and settling the side down must prove that and there’s no question that we wouldn’t have been promoted without it. Gilks also had a massive effect on the defence as well, especially Santos who has looked half the player without him there. I’m really beginning to share Nat’s doubts over Evatt because his complete reluctance to consider experience over youth seems naive in the extreme. I question whether he has the ability to manage experienced players who may voice opinions of his practises. The two experienced “voices” he signed last year were Doyle and Sarce, Captain and Vice Captain and now both are gone after fall outs behind the scenes. Is that coincidence, I don’t think so? This team currently has no leaders, no fighters, are weak in the challenge and seem to just melt when under pressure. Things may turn round quickly and Evatt may prove completely right in his methods and let’s hope he does because I don’t think any of us wants to contemplate going backwards again?

11James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:47 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said it on another thread as well but we need an experienced keeper at the moment to put pressure on and hopefully replace Doyle, not another youngster that couldn't get back in Accrington's team.

Crellin came as an England u20 international and look how that turned out.

12James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:51 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The trouble is that more experienced keepers will be playing and not available.

We don't really have much choice. We have little to no funds and not in the greatest of positions in the League at the moment.

13James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I said it on another thread as well but we need an experienced keeper at the moment to put pressure on and hopefully replace Doyle.

You jumbo sized bellend, you want a goalkeeper playing as a striker?

Norpig out.

14James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

15James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:13 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You jumbo sized bellend, you want a goalkeeper playing as a striker?

Norpig out.
Schoolboy error. Trafford was a midfielder.

16James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:17 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doh! I meant Dixon  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:16 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:12 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent debut

19James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:03 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nats very quiet

20James Trafford signs on loan Empty Re: James Trafford signs on loan Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:34 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum