Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Sue Gray's report / Partygate

Sue Gray's report / Partygate

+5
okocha
karlypants
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Sue Gray's report / Partygate Mon Jan 31 2022, 14:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Read it in full here - or read main points in text below -

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1051374/Investigation_into_alleged_gatherings_on_government_premises_during_Covid_restrictions_-_Update.pdf

Posted at 14:27
Gray report: Failures of leadership in No 10

The initial findings of Sue Gray's report into parties at Downing Street has just dropped, saying there were "failures of leadership and judgment" in No 10 and the Cabinet Office.

We are going through it with a fine-tooth comb to bring you all you need to know, but here are some stand-out lines from the document:

Quote Message: Against the backdrop of the pandemic, when the government was asking citizens to accept far-reaching restrictions on their lives, some of the behaviour surrounding these gatherings is difficult to justify

Quote Message: At least some of the gatherings in question represent a serious failure to observe not just the high standards expected of those working at the heart of government but also of the standards expected of the entire British population at the time

Quote Message: At times it seems there was too little thought given to what was happening across the country in considering the appropriateness of some of these gatherings, the risks they presented to public health and how they might appear to the public

14:33
Lockdown parties 'should not have been allowed'

The report is 12 pages long, and makes clear that some of the events in Downing Street over the lockdowns "should not have been allowed to take place", while others "should not have been allowed to develop as they did".

It says the garden of No 10 was "used for gatherings without clear authorisation or oversight - this was not appropriate".

Here are some more of Sue Gray's findings:

Quote Message: The excessive consumption of alcohol is not appropriate in a professional workplace at any time

Quote Message: Some staff wanted to raise concerns about behaviours they witnessed at work but at times felt unable to do so - no member of staff should feel unable to report or challenge poor conduct where they witness it

Quote Message: The leadership structures [in No 10] are fragmented and complicated and this has sometimes led to the blurring of lines of accountability

Posted at 14:35
Read Sue Gray's conclusion


Sue Gray's final conclusion in full:

"The gatherings within the scope of this investigation are spread over a 20-month period - a period that has been unique in recent times in terms of the complexity and breadth of the demands on public servants and indeed the general public.

"The whole of the country rose to the challenge. Ministers, special advisers and the Civil Service, of which I am proud to be a part, were a key and dedicated part of that national effort.

"However, as I have noted, a number of these gatherings should not have been allowed to take place or to develop in the way that they did.

"There is significant learning to be drawn from these events which must be addressed immediately across government.

"This does not need to wait for the police investigations to be concluded."

14:41
I was limited so no meaningful report at present - Gray

In the report, Sue Gray refers to the Met Police's request that she only make "minimal reference" to the events they are investigating.

Because of that, it means she's been extremely limited in what she can say, the report says.

Sue Gray writes:

Quote Message: As a result of the Metropolitan Police’s investigations, and so as not to prejudice the police investigative process, they have told me that it would only be appropriate to make minimal reference to the gatherings on the dates they are investigating.

Quote Message: Unfortunately, this necessarily means that I am extremely limited in what I can say about those events and it is not possible at present to provide a meaningful report setting out and analysing the extensive factual information I have been able to gather."



Damning conclusions on the culture in Downing Street

Nick Eardley

Political correspondent

At first reading, some of these conclusions are pretty damning of the culture in Downing Street around the time of various lockdown restrictions.

There's a lot of talk of events that shouldn't have taken place or shouldn't have been able to develop in the way they did.

There's talk of failures of leadership, significant things that need to be drawn from these events.

I think Boris Johnson will be under a lot of pressure when he comes to the Commons in just over an hour's time to set out what he thinks those lessons are.

There's a wider question about whether those leadership failures were the prime minister's himself.

I suspect we'll hear opposition politicians over the next few hours say exactly that, that the culture was created by the man at the top.

The thing to really watch out for, though, is exactly how Conservative MPs react to this. We know that many of them have been deeply uncomfortable about the stories they've heard of what went on in Downing Street.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60147988



Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Feb 09 2022, 16:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Amended title of thread)

2Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Mon Jan 31 2022, 15:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Analysis
Posted at 15:02
Downing Street flat party could be damaging

Helen Catt
Political correspondent

Sue Gray's report lists 16 gatherings she's investigated; that's more than had been highlighted in the media.
Of those, four did not reach the threshold for the police to investigate.
One of those which it appears did, according to the document, is a gathering in the Downing Street flat on 13 November 2020.
That has the potential to be very damaging for the prime minister.
Much of his justification for what went on the building has so far rested on Downing Street also being a workplace.
That argument would seem more difficult to apply to the flat, which is his private residence.

3Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Mon Jan 31 2022, 15:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

4Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Mon Jan 31 2022, 16:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Posted at 16:0016:00
BREAKING
More than 300 photographs given to police

Some news in now from outside the Commons. The Met Police has been talking about its investigation into parties in No 10.

Commander Catherine Roper, whose team is working on the investigation, says a "bundle of material" was provided by the Cabinet Office on Friday.

She tells reporters her team has been given "over 500 pieces of paper and over 300 photographs" which officers are now combing through.

Based on that they will decide who they have to contact as part of the investigation.

5Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Mon Jan 31 2022, 23:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ros Atkins on... Sue Gray report

6Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Tue Feb 01 2022, 00:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

7Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 16:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

EXCLUSIVE: New Partygate image shows Boris Johnson and open bottle of bubbly at No 10 Xmas quiz



Sue Gray's report / Partygate  _123199174_mediaitem123199169

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/new-partygate-image-shows-boris-26181071

But the Christmas quiz is not one of the dozen No 10 gatherings under investigation by police.

8Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 16:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets face it BoJo could shit in the Queens handbag and still get away with it - aah cheeky old Boris eh? What a scamp!

He is the Teflon PM.

9Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 16:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sue Gray's report / Partygate  273003614_10158081171566097_3505938330599473387_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=VPlwExKS6IwAX9zKnxv&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2

10Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 16:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sue Gray's report / Partygate  272913058_10216119023447535_1089558679606105277_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=yplRIGAhIA0AX9Iew0C&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1

11Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 17:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tell us all again how you don't go on to social media...

The thing that get's me is that you hate to be lied to but think nothing about lying to others yourself.

I can't see any difference between you and Johnson is doing in that respect.

12Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 17:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Tell us all again how you don't go on to social media...

The thing that get's me is that you hate to be lied to but think nothing about lying to others yourself.

I can't see any difference between you and Johnson in that respect.

There you go pushing your snidey little backbiting agenda again - not that anyone's surprised given how desperate for approval you obviously are.

You're going to have to try to keep up if you're going to keep flogging that particular dead horse.

Suggest you start by reading the Joke thread post 197? which was written before your last inane comment on the subject.

Idiot.

13Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 17:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know the forum is fucked but having lost Bonce and Natasha not being on for a while, perhaps it’s time to stop all this cuntiness once and for all because we are all sick and tired of it and it’s pissing everyone off.

14Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 17:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Tell us all again how you don't go on to social media...

The thing that get's me is that you hate to be lied to but think nothing about lying to others yourself.

I can't see any difference between you and Johnson in that respect.

There you go pushing your snidey little backbiting agenda again - not that anyone's surprised given how desperate for approval you obviously are.

You're going to have to try to keep up if you're going to keep flogging that particular dead horse.

Suggest you start by reading the Joke thread post 197? which was written before your last inane comment on the subject.

Idiot.

I'm openly and clearly stating the obvious so how do you make out I'm being snidey in what I say?

I have seen your previous post but I have also seen the one posted literally minutes after JRM was given his new role yesterday - are you claiming you knocked that up yourself to post on here or copied it from someone who had put it up on social media just minuets before?

As for me being desperate for approval what a joke that is - I'm the one who certainly doesn't seek any form of public approval by frequently standing against popularly held but factually wrong views such as Anderson was raping the club and that all the PPE contracts were made corruptly or sleazily.

I'm the one who takes on the hatred off others rather than seek popularity for myself.

There's only one on here looking for validation for himself and that is you.

There's no one else on here who feels the need to tell deliberate lies other than you.

15Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Wed Feb 09 2022, 17:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I know the forum is fucked but having lost Bonce and Natasha not being on for a while, perhaps it’s time to stop all this cuntiness once and for all because we are all sick and tired of it and it’s pissing everyone off.

I'm sick and tired of it myself.

I have however posted my reply to Wanderlust's deluded allegations of me.

Anyway moving on -

Metropolitan Police to review No 10 quiz decision after Boris Johnson photo leak

The Metropolitan Police will review its decision not to investigate a Christmas quiz in No 10 after a picture of Boris Johnson was leaked to the press.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60319602

16Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Thu Feb 10 2022, 02:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I know the forum is fucked but having lost Bonce and Natasha not being on for a while, perhaps it’s time to stop all this cuntiness once and for all because we are all sick and tired of it and it’s pissing everyone off.
Then you need to ban Sluffy KP as he is the only one who continually stirs the shit.  Just look at the threads and you'll see everyone is playing nicely and for no reason whatsoever he starts. Count the times he has tried to discredit my opinions by calling me a liar or suggesting the points I make are invalid because I don't happen to like the Tory government. Count 'em - and you'll see the truth of the matter. And when it's not me he is insulting it's someone else as was the case with Bonce and a host of others, many of whom have left as a result. You have made this appeal for "no cuntiness" on many occasions and I can't think of one where Sluffy was not involved: Sluffy/me, Sluffy/Troy, Sluffy/Bonce, Sluffy/xmiles, Sluffy/Okocha, Sluffy/pretty much everyone - get the picture?

I find it a bit off that you consistently bring this subject on the rare occasions I bother responding to his insults - I know he's your mate but perhaps instead you should step in every time Sluffy personally abuses someone (most days) and nip it in the bud rather than waiting until someone bothers to respond.

And seeing that he is a founder and you're unlikely to do anything about it anyway, why don't you just give everyone else the facility to ignore him so we don't have to even look at his vindictive drivel? Easy to do, it would make a lot of people happy and would do wonders for the site.

17Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Thu Feb 10 2022, 12:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:I know the forum is fucked but having lost Bonce and Natasha not being on for a while, perhaps it’s time to stop all this cuntiness once and for all because we are all sick and tired of it and it’s pissing everyone off.
Then you need to ban Sluffy KP as he is the only one who continually stirs the shit.  Just look at the threads and you'll see everyone is playing nicely and for no reason whatsoever he starts. Count the times he has tried to discredit my opinions by calling me a liar or suggesting the points I make are invalid because I don't happen to like the Tory government. Count 'em - and you'll see the truth of the matter. And when it's not me he is insulting it's someone else as was the case with Bonce and a host of others, many of whom have left as a result. You have made this appeal for "no cuntiness" on many occasions and I can't think of one where Sluffy was not involved: Sluffy/me, Sluffy/Troy, Sluffy/Bonce, Sluffy/xmiles, Sluffy/Okocha, Sluffy/pretty much everyone - get the picture?

I find it a bit off that you consistently bring this subject on the rare occasions I bother responding to his insults - I know he's your mate but perhaps instead you should step in every time Sluffy personally abuses someone (most days) and nip it in the bud rather than waiting until someone bothers to respond.

And seeing that he is a founder and you're unlikely to do anything about it anyway, why don't you just give everyone else the facility to ignore him so we don't have to even look at his vindictive drivel? Easy to do, it would make a lot of people happy and would do wonders for the site.

:facepalm:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"vindictive drivel"

Don't talk utter bollocks!

You were only telling us your last post that I was "desperately for approval" on here!

How the fuck do I achieve that if I post vindictive drivel all the time to everyone apparently???

You're completely off your trolley mate!

You tell us that Boris is being controlled by Murdock and Putin  - seeing how they are at opposite ends of the spectrum to each other how does that work then???

You tell us that Sue Gray will only write what Boris tells her - then you tell us that Boris will get his lawyers to rewrite Gray's report - why do that when he's told what to write in the first place???

Look it is simple you've told lies and been caught out and don't like it when it's thrown back at you.

That's not being vindictive, that's not me being "desperate for approval" that's just me laughing at how screwed up you are.

If you don't like me doing it then stop telling lies and posting the fake news you've found off social media - it's as simple as that.

18Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Thu Feb 10 2022, 12:41

Guest


Guest

Nothing personal but I think the time’s come for me to delete my account - it’s the only way to make sure I won’t log back on next time I see something I disagree with!

Thanks to everyone who over the years has made this a great forum of topics and opinions. And all the mods who’ve put the extra work in behind the scenes.

Might be back in future depending on personal circumstance - COYWM and all the best.

T.R.O.Y.

19Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Thu Feb 10 2022, 12:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does it really matter if he posts fake bollocks or not? 

All this is getting beyond ridiculous. This whole thing needs to stop.

20Sue Gray's report / Partygate  Empty Re: Sue Gray's report / Partygate Thu Feb 10 2022, 13:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Does it really matter if he posts fake bollocks or not? 

All this is getting beyond ridiculous. This whole thing needs to stop.

No it doesn't matter in the least - it's just the internet after all isn't it?

I just find it funny that grown men rant and rave because they've believed some utter bollocks they've read on social media then resort to lying and abusing someone (me) when it's point it out to them.

God I thought my life was sad but it's not sunk so low that I need to tell fibs on the internet to complete strangers just to pretend I've not made a mistake.

Who gives a fuck really?

I certainly don't.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum