Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton in 'good place' to sign Fulham defender Marlon Fossey, says Ian Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton in 'good place' to sign Fulham defender Marlon Fossey, says Ian Evatt 13430261

Wanderers have already discussed the option of signing wing-back Marlon Fossey on a permanent basis with his parent club Fulham in the summer.

The 23-year-old has been a big hit in his short time at the UniBol, instantly making himself a favourite among the Bolton support.

Fossey has 12 months left on his contract at Craven Cottage but has already indicated to his club that he wants to move on, with the prospect of regular football slim in the capital.

Ian Evatt knows the more successful Fossey is at Wanderers, the more offers he is likely to have in the summer. But in the same way that Dapo Afolayan and Declan John were convinced to stay on with the Whites last summer, he hopes the US defender will fall in love with the club and stay for good.

“We’ve been strategic in our decision making this window,” he said. “Marlon is someone that we’d love to take permanently and there’s already been discussions there, so we feel like we’re in a good place.

“The more he plays and how well he’s doing at the moment, people are going to highlight him as a potential for the future, but we really like him.

“We love his attitude and we love what he’s done so far but there is still a long way to go.”

Meanwhile, Nathan Delfouneso is looking to get his career back on track after joining Bradford City on loan for the rest of the season.

The striker has made 20 appearances for Wanderers so far this term but has struggled to hold down a starting spot for the last 12 months, and fell further behind in the pecking order after the arrival of Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Dion Charles.

Speaking to the Bradford website, the 30-year-old said: “I am excited at the prospect of joining a club like Bradford City and am looking forward to getting going.

“I have spoken with the manager and he has clearly outlined the aim of promotion. He believes in me and has shown faith to bring me here, so it is up to me to repay that.

“I scored at Valley Parade last year for Bolton so am looking forward to playing there in a Bradford City shirt, and just cannot wait to get out on the field and help the club achieve its goals for the season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum