Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New boy Kyle Dempsey's first words after leaving Gillingham

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New boy Kyle Dempsey's first words after leaving Gillingham 13430286

Kyle Dempsey wants to show Wanderers fans why he is regarded as one of the most effective midfielders in League One after finally sealing his move to the UniBol.

The 26-year-old was confirmed as a Bolton player 15 minutes after last night’s deadline, after a frantic scramble to travel from Kent, complete a medical and sort personal terms.

The move - worth £150,000 plus bonuses - brought Bolton's spending above £500,000 in the window.

Dempsey is seen by Ian Evatt as the successor to Antoni Sarcevic, who left under a cloud in October for Stockport, and a man who can add plenty of goals from midfield.

And after experiencing a tough season with struggling Gillingham, the player himself is looking to re-establish himself as a player to watch at his level.

Several weeks of speculation ended, Dempsey was thrilled to finally link up with Evatt’s squad.

“It’s been one of those (moves) that’s been there for a couple of weeks and I’m just glad to finally get it over the line,” he said.

“It’s an absolutely huge club, the fans are brilliant, and I can’t wait to get out there and show what I can do.

“I think last year was a really successful year for me. I sort of got back to being that goalscoring creative midfielder which I had probably lacked for two or three years before that.

"I've struggled this year regarding the goals and the assists but I still feel my performances have been at a high level.

"There have been a lot of things playing into that but coming here, especially with the way the manager wants to play football, I’m going to be receiving the ball a lot more and it’s a chance for me to go and express myself and get back to being that goal-scoring midfielder I know I am.”

Wanderers leave the January window in a much stronger position than they entered it, with Dempsey the last of seven new arrivals, on loan, or permanent deals.

The team has already shown signs of improvement, winning their last three and rattling six past Sunderland on Saturday, and Dempsey is confident he will fit right in.

“Luckily enough I know a couple of boys here – especially Dion (Charles) who has just come,” said Dempsey, who played alongside the striker at Fleetwood Town.

“He’s settled in great, getting on the scoresheet early days.

“I think it’s just one of those where you see the depth of the squad and you just want to add to it and get this club to where you know it should be.

“You see the form the team has been in over the last couple of games. I think the statement at the weekend with the 6-0 sort of showed where the squad is and now it’s my chance to come in and add to that.

“I think they have been unlucky with the injuries they have received – some real quality players getting injured.

“I think now the squad is at a real good base and I think it’s about finishing the season strong and seeing where it can take us and I’m certainly going to try and do that and climb up that table as much as we can in these next coming games.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum