Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Poll: Who should be in goal? Trafford or Dixon.

Poll: Who should be in goal? Trafford or Dixon.

+5
Norpig
wessy
Whitesince63
Sluffy
Biggie
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Choose your number one?

Poll: Who should be in goal? Trafford or Dixon.  Vote_lcap90%Poll: Who should be in goal? Trafford or Dixon.  Vote_rcap 90% [ 9 ]
Poll: Who should be in goal? Trafford or Dixon.  Vote_lcap10%Poll: Who should be in goal? Trafford or Dixon.  Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Answer the poll and comment below to back up your vote.



Last edited by Biggie on Mon Feb 07 2022, 21:51; edited 1 time in total

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Trafford obviously - he's yet to concede a goal, already has an assist and poor Dixon was dropped because he started to make disastrous errors - even passing to the opposition player in front of goal which knocked us out of the cup run we were on.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Didn't Dixon have a far better passing range and generally very good at starting attacks. Trafford holds onto the ball for a frustrating amount of time and kicks it out of play several times per match. Eg 10 times a game..

Trafford also made some howlers of passes at the back but got lucky in that the strikers didn't score from them. 

Do you think Dixon would have not saved anything that has come at Trafford in the last 4 games? I think Traffords success has been down to our new shape, our bolstered defence and some good fortune, ie the ball hitting the post.

Dixon is also better at catching the ball... 

Any feedback welcome.

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I haven’t voted because I don’t think I’ve seen enough of Trafford yet to rate him. Like you Biggie, I think Trafford has profited from our better defence and the return of Jones and to be honest, I think even I’d have had clean sheets since he’s had little to do. I think against Cambridge on Tuesday, we saw the difference in class between Trafford and their experienced keeper. He controlled his box which I still don’t see Trafford doing. There were copious times when Trafford should have come for crosses yet just stayed on his line. To be honest I’m unconvinced by both of them yet so personally I don’t think there’s enough difference in either of them to make a choice.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A bit weighted this obviously people will go for the guy in the shirt, he's done nothing wrong, (YET) I don't think either is the solution, it seems to be IE blind spot.  Trafford is a loanee and one we probably won't sign i can see no point in risking a kid in this position, yes he's done well but in the 4 games he's probably only been tested a couple of times.  Dixon wasn't the answer either a non league keeper who stepped up at first but was found wanting.  Answer neither buy an experienced keeper that we can build on.  PS Gilkes wasn't the answer either just a stop gap that did well.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Ironically Trafford's best game for us by a mile saw him concede for the first time. Otherwise great goalkeeping display, and saving a pen too.

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is this even a question? Trafford has been excellent and conceded 1 goal in 5 games and has looked much more confident than Dixon. His distribution is much better than Dixons as well.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

No. His distribution is worse. I think you are remembering Dixon's mustache that led to a goal and letting the outcome of that situation sway your overall view.

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our first goal against Sunderland from Trafford's punt came after he'd booted it straight into touch 4 times in a row. I reckon Sunderland's defence were confused by him landing one on the pitch.
Still think he's the better goalie though there's not much in it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:No. His distribution is worse. I think you are remembering Dixon's mustache that led to a goal and letting the outcome of that situation sway your overall view.
 
I'm remembering all the poor distribution from all season not just one game, I'm not saying Trafford's is amazing but it's definitely better then Dixons.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Biggie wrote:No. His distribution is worse. I think you are remembering Dixon's mustache that led to a goal and letting the outcome of that situation sway your overall view.
 
I'm remembering all the poor distribution from all season not just one game, I'm not saying Trafford's is amazing but it's definitely better then Dixons.

I hate to get the book out on you but I've just done some opta style research. 

Dixon, with 77% passing accuracy is ahead of kachunha, Afolayen, Morley, Jones, Johnston, Charles, Sadlier, Fossey, Isgrove, Dempsey to name but a few.

Trafford meanwhile is at the bottom out of 31 players. With an accuracy of 53%.

The (crude) average for the team is 69%.

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I’m perfectly happy with the manager making these decisions as I don’t watch them training day in day out. Same with the rest of them. I trust that he knows what he’s doing better than the rest of us who only see them play for 90 minutes once or twice per week. Have faith in the manager! Unless it’s Megson.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

One more thing to note, we had 21 shots (against) on target in Dixon's last 4 matches, and only 10 (against) shots on target in Trafford's first 4 games.

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Guest


Guest

Bit unfair to judge Dixon harshly given he was in a team struggling for confidence and behind a back 4 that never looked right enough at this level - and also without a proper DM for a long period. Trafford edges it anyway for me, but I think there’s a lot more to our new found solidity than the keeper.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:I hate to get the book out on you but I've just done some opta style research. 

Dixon, with 77% passing accuracy is ahead of kachunha, Afolayen, Morley, Jones, Johnston, Charles, Sadlier, Fossey, Isgrove, Dempsey to name but a few.

Trafford meanwhile is at the bottom out of 31 players. With an accuracy of 53%.

The (crude) average for the team is 69%.

Meaningless Biggie you are comparing pre 'long ball' tactics from the keeper to post 'long ball' tactics from the keeper. Any keepers possession stats would fall if you stopped from passing the ball an average of a few yards to a team mate to punting it 60 or 70 yards down field.

The bottom line is that the manager had lost confidence in Dixon.

If he hadn't he still be in the team and we'd probably be playing the second half of the season with Gilks as our only other option.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Meaningless Biggie you are comparing pre 'long ball' tactics from the keeper to post 'long ball' tactics from the keeper. Any keepers possession stats would fall if you stopped from passing the ball an average of a few yards to a team mate to punting it 60 or 70 yards down field.

The bottom line is that the manager had lost confidence in Dixon.

If he hadn't he still be in the team and we'd probably be playing the second half of the season with Gilks as our only other option.

Sluffy i agree 100%  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The real world bottom line is that the starting spot is Trafford's to lose. Until he makes a cock-up or is injured he'll be starting.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Sluffy i agree 100%  Very Happy

Quick someone must have hacked into Norpig's account!!!

Very Happy

:like:

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Screw you both! 😂😂
Sluffy, stopped talking utter sense all you. I'm trying to cause a stir.

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum