Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oxford 2-3 Bolton

+8
Rebelking84
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Quick Predictor

Oxford 2-3 Bolton Vote_lcap25%Oxford 2-3 Bolton Vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]

Sluffy

Oxford 2-3 Bolton Vote_lcap25%Oxford 2-3 Bolton Vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]

Bolton Nuts

Oxford 2-3 Bolton Vote_lcap50%Oxford 2-3 Bolton Vote_rcap 50% [ 2 ]

karlypants, Norpig

Total Votes : 4
4 posters

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Oxford 2-3 Bolton Wed Feb 09 2022, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An even sterner test for our lads on Saturday away at Oxford who have been on a great run until they got mugged by Stanley last night having dominated the game and missed a string of chances only to get hit on the break.
Currently they sit 11 points ahead of us in 5th place and are one of the teams we need to overhaul if our playoff hopes are to be realised - so in that sense it's another "must win".

Karl Robinson's team usually play an attack-minded 433 and are one of the top scorers in the division with 54 goals so far (compared to our 44) so our tactics are going to have to be spot on. Plus they've just added former West Ham striker Sam Baldock to their line up in a bid to get promotion.

Also in their talented squad is former Liverpool midfielder Cameron Brannagan who scored a record 4 penalties in the same game during their 7 - 2 demolition of Gillingham the other week.

The Kassam Stadium pitch is the same length as the Unibol but is 6 yds wider and has a capacity of 12500.

Evatt suggesting that there'll be a few changes in the starting line up for this one so we may be in unexplored territory so yet again I'm hoping we'll come through - a draw would be a good result against this lot but really we need to win - somehow. After the Charlton game, I'm feeling slightly more confident that Evatt has the tactical nous to give them a real challenge.

2Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Thu Feb 10 2022, 22:49

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Good write up lusty. Feel like I don't need to look anything up because you've already informed us all. Might be time for the wheels to come off for us. We can't win them all.

But if we do, I'll sit up and join the promotion push!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 00:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coincidentally, an Oxford fan forum is running an identical fan poll and currently they have 18 for an OUFC win, 12 for a draw and 4 for BWFC to win - although TBF I was one of the four Smile

Oxford have a couple of selection problems but a deep squad and they're wondering if Baldock will make his debut, however despite the poll - which I suspect is people voting with their hearts - their fans are generally not overconfident about beating us.

I really think this is one of those games that will depend on performances on the day more than the talent in each squad. Over to you to fire them up Mr Evatt.....

4Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 08:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get a point there i think that will be a great result. I can see Evatt changing the team slightly as they look tired second half on Tuesday.

5Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 11:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:If we get a point there i think that will be a great result. I can see Evatt changing the team slightly as they look tired second half on Tuesday.
I've been wondering to see if and how the team works if we start with Bodvarsson, Dempsey, Sadlier and Amaechi in. Theoretically they are all direct replacements for regulars but I'm yet to be convinced.
I'd be surprised if he throws all of them at once into a game of this magnitude but I suspect we'll have the opportunity to learn a bit more about what we've actually got.

6Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match preview from Karl Robinson. What a salesman!

7Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 13:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last time I went to watch us at Oxford, Ron Atkinson was their number 4. Shocked

8Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 13:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Last time I went to watch us at Oxford, Ron Atkinson was their number 4. Shocked
 Thank God you are back  cheers

9Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 13:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unfortunately, all our games are now cup finals - So the pressure is on.  
I expect some changes in the lineup - we shall see.
I win still leaves us in 10th but likely will knock them out of the top six. Go in there and be aggressive.
COYWM.

10Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 13:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 13:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 Thank God you are back  cheers
Whenever the call comes old friend.

12Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 13:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And was I glad when they invented doors.

13Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Fri Feb 11 2022, 14:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Last time I went to watch us at Oxford, Ron Atkinson was their number 4. Shocked
Was that before he became a number 2?

14Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Sat Feb 12 2022, 12:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Sat Feb 12 2022, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oxford have one of the best midfields in the league and good strikers but their defence has been a bit suspect recently with the absence of McNally - a lot will depend on whether he is ready to come back today. Billy Bodin will probably be back in midfield after sitting the last one out with a minor knock and they may benefit from his set piece delivery and free kicks.
Can't wait for this encounter - it could define our season because this is the quality of opposition that we're going to have to beat to make the playoffs.

16Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Sat Feb 12 2022, 13:27

Rebelking84

David Ngog
David Ngog

Will I be able to listen to the game on the portal today. Driving buses so I won’t make the game and was just checking before paying for iFollow. Cheers and COYWM

17Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Sat Feb 12 2022, 13:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP usually makes the radio stream available…

18Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Sat Feb 12 2022, 13:33

Rebelking84

David Ngog
David Ngog

Cheers is it best til listen via my phone browser or through an app. TIA

19Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Sat Feb 12 2022, 13:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listening to it through the portal is fine. 

If you are listening to it through an iPhone the best thing to do is once it is playing, open up a new tab in safari and then you can turn the screen off otherwise it will cut the stream. 

Hope this makes sense.

20Oxford 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford 2-3 Bolton Sat Feb 12 2022, 13:43

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Last time i went i was 17 we got relegated to the old 3rd division, outside the ground a guy approached me and my mate , thanked us for supporting the team despite allready being down and gave us two free tickets, that man was Nat Lofthouse. What a legend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum