Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt makes confident statement on Fulham's Marlon Fossey

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt makes confident statement on Fulham's Marlon Fossey 13483730

Wanderers reckon they are in prime position to sign Marlon Fossey if he leaves Fulham on a permanent deal in the summer.

Preliminary discussions have already taken place over the wing-back, who has one year left to run on his contract at Craven Cottage.

He was signed by Bolton having played just a handful of senior games and, at 23, feeling he had outgrown development squad football with his parent club.

But with Fulham looking to return to top flight football next season and Wanderers harbouring their own ambitions of a late play-off push, Ian Evatt believes his club will be in a good place to get a deal done after his current loan expires.

“He has got another year at Fulham and they now look well on their way to getting back into the Premier League,” he said. “What their plans are with him I don’t really know at this stage but we have put our hat into the ring, so to speak, and hopefully he will choose us. We think we are in prime position because he is in our building right here, right now.”

Fossey spent time on loan with Shrewsbury Town last season but saw his spell in Shropshire cut short by injury.

He scored his first professional goal in a man of the match performance at Oxford last weekend and Evatt believes the former US youth international’s relationship with the Bolton fans could also stand them in good stead.

“Right now we have to make sure he understands how important he is to us and how appreciated he is by the club. Hopefully he will enjoy it that much that he wants to stay,” he said.

“We shouldn’t forget that this is his first real run of senior football. He had gone to Shrewsbury before and suffered a bit with injuries but they are a completely different club and team to us.

“He said to me just this morning that Saturday was probably the highlight of his young career so far and I told him ‘stick with us kid, there’s plenty more to come.’ “He feels wanted. The fans are really appreciating what he does and I’d like him to shy away from those somersaults now that we have all seen he can do them. I don’t want him injured.

“Other than that he has been a pleasure to work with and a fantastic character.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum