Wanderers’ new boys have made a big impact on fortunes at the University of Bolton Stadium – and been a big hit with our player ratings.
Every match we rank the players out of 10 according to their performance to help give readers an idea of who has fared well, and who needs to buck up.
So just for fun we decided to see what players had averaged over the course of the whole season so far – and unsurprisingly, the January signings have scored well.
Here are the top 10 ratings in the Bolton squad, based on players who have made more than five appearances of more than 20 minutes.
10. George Johnston (6.53) – The defender started the season well and has scored seven or more on 16 occasions this season.
9. Ricardo Santos (6.6) – The club skipper has suffered a couple of patches of poor form but has still been scored seven or higher 19 times in our ratings.
8. MJ Williams (6.63) – Nudging ahead of Santos is Williams, who missed a chunk of the season with a shoulder injury but has remained consistent, never scoring below five out of 10. He also has 15 scores of seven or more.
7. Lloyd Isgrove (6.65) – Missed by the Whites since suffering a bad hamstring injury against Doncaster in November. Only two scores below six out of 10 show his consistency, which was even more impressive considering he also slotted in as an auxiliary right-back.
6. Dapo Afolayan (6.67) – May be a surprise that he isn’t further up the list but having played more minutes than anyone barring Williams and Santos, he has seen the highs and the lows of this season. Besides, he has seven man of the match awards – which is more than anyone else.
5. Gethin Jones (6.75) – Spent a few months out of action with a stress fracture in his leg but has excelled at right-back and centre-half, only once scoring less than six out of 10 and registering four man of the match awards.
4. Aaron Morley (7.07) – Only signed in January but Morley has already shown himself to be a fine addition to the midfield with a great eye for a pass. Can he maintain those high numbers?
3. James Trafford (7.18) – The Manchester City keeper has made a great start to life at the UniBol and only had a slight dent put in some impressive numbers by Tuesday night’s defeat at Burton.
2. Dion Charles (7.35) – Fans have certainly taken to the former Accrington Stanley striker, who has rattled in five goals since signing for the club. Has barely put a foot wrong on the pitch so far.
1. Marlon Fossey (7.35) – Nudges ahead of Charles by virtue of the fact he has played more minutes but few Bolton fans would deny that Fossey has made an excellent start since signing on loan from Fulham. Will he still be topping the list in May?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]