Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dion Charles wins League One Goal of the Month award

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WANDERERS forward Dion Charles has won the League One Goal of the Month award for his late winner at Shrewsbury.

Charles found the top corner with a stunning strike from the edge of the box, ensuring the Whites returned to the North West with all three points.

The Northern Ireland international received 56% of the public vote, beating off competition from Burton’s Kane Hemmings and Cambridge’s Adam May.

“I’m delighted to have won the award and thanks to all the fans who voted my goal as the winner,” he said.

“It was a special goal for lots of reasons. It was one of my best and also a big one for the fans and the team to get the win we needed at the time.

“And on a personal level it meant a lot as well. It was my first for the club – hopefully with lots more to follow – and also came just a couple of days after the birth of our daughter Hattie, so it was great to dedicate it to her.”

Charles has hit the ground running since his move from Accrington early in the January window and has now scored five goals in his last seven matches.

EFL pundit Don Goodman added: “A goal is never a bad way to introduce yourself to a new set of fans but January signing Dion Charles’ last minute control and volley won the game for Bolton in the most dramatic of circumstances.

“To be in the away end when it hit the net would have given the away fans a massive high that I’m sure they will have enjoyed!”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum