Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » MK Dons 2-0 BWFC

MK Dons 2-0 BWFC

+2
Norpig
wanderlust
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Wed Feb 23 2022, 12:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from an array of quality players we face an obvious problem on Saturday - they have a really crap pitch. Maybe not as bad as "the sodden pudding of grassless sandy mud" that was Burton, but pretty damn rough nonetheless. Since December the pitch has deteriorated and now has balding and bobbly areas making it difficult to get the ball down and play - after the Burton fiasco we'll find out what Evatt has done to address that issue.
Their players are a  good mix of youth and experience, but quality runs throughout the team. Familar names include Josh McEachran in CM, and recent acquisition Connor Wickham - quality striker whose career has been blighted by injury but incredibly is still only 28.
Like us they made a lot of January signings but focused on loan deals for youngsters with experience at a higher level:
Troy Parrott from Spurs, Conor Coventry from West Ham, Jamie Cumming from Chelsea - to add to an already strong squad.
But the one that every team dreads is attacking midfielder Scott Twine who has a track record of scoring worldies out of nothing - you may remember his free kick at the Unibol sandwiched between Mo Eisa and Boateng strikes when Baps scabbed a late 95th minute equaliser to make it 3 - 3? (personally I thought Sheehan's FK was better)

Here are some of his scariest bits Smile

We're going to have Santos back, we have also improved since Xmas and we really shouldn't fear anyone, but realistically the pressure is on us to win this one and I'm slightly concerned about the pitch.
Out of sheer optimism I'm going to say we'll win by the odd goal.
1 - 2

COYWM!

2MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Wed Feb 23 2022, 13:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it may be a step too far and we will lose narrowly, hope i'm wrong and we tonk them though  Very Happy

I can see Dempsey and Baka starting and Dapo and JDB dropping to the bench for this one.

3MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Wed Feb 23 2022, 15:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It will certainly be a tough one, probably the toughest we’ll face this season but I think the players will be really up for it and it wouldn’t surprise me if we pull a win off. I still think some of ours had it on their minds last night which explains the slightly under par performance of many. Losing might not be terminal but winning will definitely be inspirational. I reckon we’ll sneak it so I’m going for Wanderers by the odd goal.

4MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Thu Feb 24 2022, 00:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw this on the MKD fans forum:

Seeing a lot of chatter about how great Bolton have done to climb the table to put pressure on the top six ...rest easy as since Jan 1st the gap between us and them has only closed by 1 point so....
1) Do we see them as a credible threat to the top six ?
2) Who is most vulnerable to Boltons "charge" ?
4) Do we care ?
Oh yeah and its
3) MK Dons 63 pts so bring it on

5MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Thu Feb 24 2022, 11:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We go there and run them off the pitch - that should be the attitude. Cannot play scared or defensive. We have gone to top teams before and looked the better team.  That's my opinion.
The other thing is it's not impossible we face them in the playoffs - so if we are scared now - what's the point exactly?
Ipswich and Wycombe both have away games so a draw would probably do us some good, but I say get in there and thrash 'em Smile
COYWM

6MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Thu Feb 24 2022, 13:23

BarrygoestoBolton

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

We ran them very close for a 3-3 draw when we played them at home early in the season. I know we’re away this time, but we also have a much stronger squad, with lots of goals in us. No reason whatsoever to fear them, or anyone in L1 for that matter. I’ll go for a 2-1 win for the Whites.

7MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Thu Feb 24 2022, 13:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was MKD I couldn't have wished for a better time to play us than now. Their pitch is rough as a badger's arse and it will be our eighth game of the month so we ain't exactly fresh. And since January when they refreshed their team with loanees from Premiership clubs they're firing on all cylinders.

Proper, proper test this one.

8MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Fri Feb 25 2022, 23:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Sat Feb 26 2022, 14:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Sat Feb 26 2022, 14:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bricking it for this game.

11MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Sat Feb 26 2022, 14:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

12MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Sat Feb 26 2022, 16:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is definitely a game too far.
I'd say it was tiredness  or the quality of the opposition, but whatever the reason our passing and ball retention in the opposition half has been poor all day. No final ball and plenty of giving it away.
Maybe that's why we've only had one shot on target and 4 shots altogether.
MKD undoubtedly the better team today.

13MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Sat Feb 26 2022, 17:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No complaints - They were better than us today.
We looked better in the second half, but they should have put us away already in the first.  Too many wayward passes and give aways.  Brush that one off and on to the next.

14MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Mon Feb 28 2022, 01:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Both goals could (perhaps harshly?) be attributed to goalkeeping errors so wondering if it will re-open the Trafford debate?

15MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Empty Re: MK Dons 2-0 BWFC Mon Feb 28 2022, 09:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Both goals could (perhaps harshly?) be attributed to goalkeeping errors so wondering if it will re-open the Trafford debate?
I’ve said it all along Lusty, that Trafford is another Crellin. He was lucky initially that he was well protected by the defence and basically had little or nothing to do. When he was called upon he never really looked solid to me and Saturday wasn’t a surprise. I still maintain that we need an experienced decisive keeper who can both dominate his area and manage his defence and until we have that I think we’ll struggle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum