Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Gillingham 0-3 Bolton

Gillingham 0-3 Bolton

+11
wessy
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
Whitesince63
terenceanne
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 14:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

22Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 15:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:There's a big information gap, Sluffy, as there has been pretty much for the last 25 years. Most business owners will try to paint a rosy picture and FV are a long way from being the exception. The spin wagon just keeps on rolling compounded by long-standing media incompetence. As I have said before there are people I would expect to know better but I haven't encountered many that have  even wanted to grasp it.

FV will, of course, do whatever they can to keep the wheels turning as best they can and Lusty's right in one sense; that success on the pitch is what most fans are interested in and they aren't really bothered about much else.
Couldn't comment on the "spin wagon" Bob because as you say, there's a big information gap - which is why we are subjected to dickheads speculating and pontificating about stuff they know nothing about and expressing opinion as if it were fact as frequently happens on this very forum - they are wasting our time.
What we do know for certain is that the few crumbs that appear on CoHo tell a tale of investment and board change and we also know that whenever finance has been needed for recruitment it has been provided thus far.
However the point I was alluding to re success on the pitch was that it drives both income and crucially, investability - so whilst many fans may not care about the financial side it is fair to say that football success on the pitch is an important element of the financial side.

23Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 16:00

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think at the end of the day football and results are the most important thing to any clubs fans but obviously earnings need to be sufficient to keep the club afloat. Clearly FV had a business plan before taking over and whilst that will have been affected by Covid, I believe it will be a short term blip. As for promotion, obviously it will lead to higher earnings from league position and sponsorship but I don’t actually think it will make much difference to gates. With so many “big” teams still in L2 next season, I think compared to the Championship we may actually have higher gates here if the likes of Sunderland, Wednesday and Ipswich are involved. It will take time to recover, probably a decade unless we can attract a rich owner/investor as Wigan have. The debts we have are clearly still an obstacle but if we can sell the likes of Dapo and Rico for good money, it might help speed the process up. Whatever, as long as the clubs here in some form, so will most of us be. 😉

24Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 16:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Couldn't comment on the "spin wagon" Bob because as you say, there's a big information gap - which is why we are subjected to dickheads speculating and pontificating about stuff they know nothing about and expressing opinion as if it were fact as frequently happens on this very forum - they are wasting our time.

Hahaha - what a numbskull you really are!!!

You do realise that you've just called YOURSELF out as a dickhead - being the one who told us it was a fact that Anderson robbed £168m from the club, when no such money even existed to begin with...

A magnificent piece of 'speculating' and 'pontificating' that was from you wasn't it!!!

It still makes me laugh when I think about it!

:rofl:

25Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 17:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

26Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 17:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

27Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 17:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

28Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 17:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Workman like performance. We could have had more goals but so could they. Sadlier was sharp in the few minutes he was on - might think about a start if I where Ian.
Unfortunately, other results have not really gone our way - we stay in 11th - All we can do is plod on.
COYWM.

29Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 17:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree. Will be interesting to see what Evatt has to say but I don’t think we were at our best although it seems we didn’t have to be. It felt to me like the game could have turned quickly until they went down to 10 men. Fortunately they didn’t bother defending much when our goals came. I don’t know why we don’t score more goals with this forward line - half the defenses in this league are shocking.

30Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 19:55

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A good win and agree we can do no more.

However only on this forum can you go to "Match day Thread " to once again find the petty squabling of our financial experts It's getting tiresome and so fucking boring. Give your heads a wobble and stop hi jacking threads, guessing TenBob is sluffys long lost brother.

31Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sat Mar 05 2022, 21:03

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wessy wrote:A good win and agree we can do no more.

However only on this forum can you go to "Match day Thread " to once again find the petty squabling of our financial experts It's getting tiresome and so fucking boring. Give your heads a wobble and stop hi jacking threads, guessing TenBob is sluffys long lost brother.
Can't argue with any of that, wessy. Actually, I thought we were quite impressive today.

As for our anal-retentive brothers, just put the one on your ignore list and do your best to pass by the other without reading any of the condescending repetitiveness.

32Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sun Mar 06 2022, 00:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Workman like performance. We could have had more goals but so could they. Sadlier was sharp in the few minutes he was on - might think about a start if I where Ian.
Unfortunately, other results have not really gone our way - we stay in 11th - All we can do is plod on.
COYWM.
Sadlier has been sharp every time he's come on IMO and whilst he's been very polite about it in interviews he must be a bit gutted about not getting a regular start. Still it's a good thing that we have options. Not sure Amaechi and Kacha are still in the frame though.

33Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sun Mar 06 2022, 11:23

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

okocha wrote:
Can't argue with any of that, wessy. Actually, I thought we were quite impressive today.

As for our anal-retentive brothers, just put the one on your ignore list and do your best to pass by the other without reading any of the condescending repetitiveness.
Cheers mate not just me then !

34Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sun Mar 06 2022, 12:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Cheers mate not just me then !
Definitely not just you Wessy, it is very tiresome indeed!

35Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sun Mar 06 2022, 15:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
However only on this forum can you go to "Match day Thread " to once again find the petty squabling of our financial experts It's getting tiresome and so fucking boring. Give your heads a wobble and stop hi jacking threads, guessing TenBob is sluffys long lost brother.
....especially as there is dedicated "wild speculation, pontification and self aggrandisement in the absence of the facts" thread. Smile

36Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sun Mar 06 2022, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wessy wrote:A good win and agree we can do no more.

However only on this forum can you go to "Match day Thread " to once again find the petty squabling of our financial experts It's getting tiresome and so fucking boring. Give your heads a wobble and stop hi jacking threads, guessing TenBob is sluffys long lost brother.

I've tried to not to respond to you Wessy but there's clearly been a big mass pile on since your post so I now want to set the record straight.

Far from ME raising the matter of the club finances on this thread I didn't!

If you bothered to check back you will see it started in fact when Norpig commented we were probably not ready for the Championship yet to which Bob agreed in terms of us not being financially sustainable at that level either.

Even then I didn't stick my nose in, the next poster to go on about the finances was Wanderlust, who spouted some guff, to which Bob replied that he was just a bullshitter when it came to talking about finances.

It was only at that point that I got involved - and only then to point out the blindingly obvious financial fact that Wanderlust had not taken into account and that was that the club was further in debt / the owners now had less equity - than when they first bought the club!

It was only at that point that we got the usual shit - started by Wanderlust implying I was a dickhead who knew nothing to which I responded to that by pointing out that he must be one too because he claimed Anderson had pocketed £168m from the club when that was pure bollocks from him - he had not understood the accounts and read them wrongly!

You then posted what you did and we had the usual pile on since then.

You can think whatever you like of me - so can everyone else - but this is a tiny internet forum and it isn't important as such in normal times so why people are getting so het up over this thread when in the real world we are having innocent people being bombed and killed daily in the Ukraine is beyond my comprehension?

Maybe it should be you who needs to give your head a wobble over being so upset that a discussion on here went off topic?

I'm sorry if it inconvenienced you or anyone else.

There, does that make you and everyone else feel much better now?

37Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Sun Mar 06 2022, 20:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

38Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Mon Mar 07 2022, 07:48

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wessy wrote:
Cheers mate not just me then !
No not just you, Wessy. Football forums seem to attract an uncommon number of daydreamers. Nuts is no exception.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Mar 07 2022, 10:26; edited 1 time in total

39Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Mon Mar 07 2022, 08:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I've tried to not to respond to you Wessy but there's clearly been a big mass pile on since your post so I now want to set the record straight.

Far from ME raising the matter of the club finances on this thread I didn't!

If you bothered to check back you will see it started in fact when Norpig commented we were probably not ready for the Championship yet to which Bob agreed in terms of us not being financially sustainable at that level either.

Even then I didn't stick my nose in, the next poster to go on about the finances was Wanderlust, who spouted some guff, to which Bob replied that he was just a bullshitter when it came to talking about finances.

It was only at that point that I got involved - and only then to point out the blindingly obvious financial fact that Wanderlust had not taken into account and that was that the club was further in debt / the owners now had less equity - than when they first bought the club!

It was only at that point that we got the usual shit - started by Wanderlust implying I was a dickhead who knew nothing to which I responded to that by pointing out that he must be one too because he claimed Anderson had pocketed £168m from the club when that was pure bollocks from him - he had not understood the accounts and read them wrongly!

You then posted what you did and we had the usual pile on since then.

You can think whatever you like of me - so can everyone else - but this is a tiny internet forum and it isn't important as such in normal times so why people are getting so het up over this thread when in the real world we are having innocent people being bombed and killed daily in the Ukraine is beyond my comprehension?

Maybe it should be you who needs to give your head a wobble over being so upset that a discussion on here went off topic?

I'm sorry if it inconvenienced you or anyone else.

There, does that make you and everyone else feel much better now?
I never made any reference to finances, my point was as a team we aren't ready to go up again, but don't let that stop you from your usual woe is me tales eh Sluffy?

40Gillingham 0-3 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Gillingham 0-3 Bolton Mon Mar 07 2022, 08:34

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hold the front page, Norpig thinks we aren't ready to go up again. Who but Nuts' very own Nostradamus could have thunk it?

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum