Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle says Bolton in good shape to win Championship

+10
bwfc71
rammywhite
JonnyRandom
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
xmiles
Mr Magoo
Sgt. Bash
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Pity the twonk got us relegated in the first place then!

Owen Coyle insists he has left Bolton in good shape to win the Championship under new manager Dougie Freedman.

Crystal Palace have confirmed that Freedman has left them to replace Coyle, who was sacked on 9 October.

"I don't want to sound too big-headed here, but I've done all the dirty work," Coyle told Radio 5 live.

"The only thing that stopped us this year was real bad luck. It was very simple. But good luck to Dougie. He's a lovely lad. I know him well.

Bolton, relegated from the Premier League last season, were 18th in the Championship when the former Burnley boss was dismissed.

"I've slashed the wage bill, as we had to do over a period of coming up for three years," added Coyle. "And they have, I believe, the best set of players in the Championship.

"And if I was a betting man, which obviously I'm not allowed to be, I'd be putting money on Bolton to win the league.

Palace granted Bolton permission to speak to Freedman on Monday, having initially rejected an approach.

It is not yet clear whether Palace assistant manager Lennie Lawrence and first-team coach Curtis Fleming will be moving to the Reebok Stadium as well.

Coyle is keen to get back into management following his exit from Bolton and believes he would be an asset to any club who takes him on.

He added: "I absolutely love football. If I wasn't involved in it, then I'd be away paying a fiver to play in five-a-sides because I love the game.

"What I do know is that at whichever club the opportunity arises for me, they're going to be very fortunate, because I'm the best manager I've ever been.

"Yes, I accept it's been a difficult last year, but coming on the back of the work I've had to do, I'm well set to go in and take another challenge.

"And that's the way football works. Everywhere I've been, I've been very fortunate to work at wonderful football clubs, and the next one will be the same.

"There will be opportunities. The phone's not stopped since I left last week, but obviously I need to make sure it's the right thing for me, my staff and my family when it comes about."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

"What I do know is that at whichever club the opportunity arises for me, they're going to be very fortunate, because I'm the best manager I've ever been.

I wish Coyle all the best in the future but I am baffled by the above sentence. What exactly does he mean ?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Deluded.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Male menopause

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

"The phone's not stopped since I left last week".

Yes we get a lot of nuisance calls as well.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I wish Coyle all the best in the future but I am baffled by the above sentence. What exactly does he mean ?

He means he's at his peak. I listened to the interview and he was under pressure to slag us off, but he had nothing but praise for the Wanderers - although I could sense a bitterness about getting sacked having - as he put it - done all the dirty work. I agree with that as far as it goes, but I can't disagree with the sacking given his tactical ineptitude and lack of experimentation. He'd make a good hatchet man, but he lacks some key managerial qualities.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"The phone's not stopped since I left last week, but obviously I need to make sure it's the right thing for me, my staff and my family when it comes about."

He's a fucking arsehole isn't he.

Absolutely full of shit.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think hes such a nice guy and still a bit gutted it never worked out for him at bolton

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What did he mean by 'my staff'. Is he implying that if he's offered a job all that dross that he brought from Burnley will want to to work at the same club?
I think he really does sound deluded

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Funny how he is good friends with DF all of a sudden and yet never mentioned him before - the same can also be said for Coyle' friendship with AVB, and look what happened to him!!!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The guy's an absolute nut job.

Some poor misguided fools on the radio last night were still saying what a good manager he is. One Ipswich fan was even hoping Paul Jewell would be sacked so they could get Coyle in. Imagine the look on Reo-Coker's face if Coyle rolled through the door.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I would love Coyle to end up at Blackburn.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd actually be pleased if he got the job at Ipswich. I bear no animosity towards him and hope that he does find a club to manage. He'll have got a decent pay off from the Wanderers so he won't be claiming benefits.
He could probably do a decent job at Ipswich for about a season- turn them round a bit and probably get them mid table.
Although I've no real respect for Ipswich ( mainly to do with a certain referee) but after Keane and Jewell they deserve a decent enough bloke to manage them

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

He must be smoking something.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

rammywhite wrote:I'd actually be pleased if he got the job at Ipswich. I bear no animosity towards him and hope that he does find a club to manage. He'll have got a decent pay off from the Wanderers so he won't be claiming benefits.
He could probably do a decent job at Ipswich for about a season- turn them round a bit and probably get them mid table.
Although I've no real respect for Ipswich ( mainly to do with a certain referee) but after Keane and Jewell they deserve a decent enough bloke to manage them
I wouldn't wish coyle on anyone other than tranmere.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coyle will forever be remembered as the genius who brought Bolton's decade in the Premiership to an end.

If he's so conceited and deluded that he actually believes he did a good job here, he definitely has access to some high quality giggle weed.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Numpty 28723 wrote:The guy's an absolute nut job.

Some poor misguided fools on the radio last night were still saying what a good manager he is. One Ipswich fan was even hoping Paul Jewell would be sacked so they could get Coyle in. Imagine the look on Reo-Coker's face if Coyle rolled through the door.

BREAKING NEWS: Paul Jewel has left Ipswich....

Coyle for Ipswich ?

Jewel for Blackburn ?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To think, some fans wanted Paul Jewell to take over at Bolton when Sammy Lee was sacked!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Do we have some kind of aftercare team for managers that we sack, who advise them all to talk shit about what a great position they left us in?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle is wrong, but Megson was right

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum