Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday

+7
Sluffy
Whitesince63
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 02:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we going to bother having a thread to discuss this or has the reality of not getting promoted this season burst the balloon?
I for one am interested as Sheff W are another team who represent the quality in this division and may underline the point that a few folk have been making about the need for steel in our team.
Will it be another game where we get bullied in midfield giving Barry Bannan the space to spray the ball around or have we learned anything from the last two matches? Will we go behind again and then throw the kitchen sink into attacking in a desperate bid to win the game? Hopefully not.
With a bit of luck we might get stuck in from the first minute and keep the pressure on throughout the game. Maybe we'll even string our passes together consistently and not f*** about at the back or take twenty minutes to build an attack? Maybe.
We all know we need to improve, and whilst some folk are consigning that thought to the summer transfer window in the hope that we'll have cash to splash, you'd have thought that some players will be busting a gut to ensure they're not the ones that are surplus to requirements come the end of the season.
A lot rides on this in my book. Evatt has talked a good game all season but our remaining games - and especially tough fixtures like this - are the opportunity to back the hype up with a bit of substance.

Not that I'm complaining - 11th is decent for a first season back in this division - but with all the talk of us "going places" we need to be able to believe it.

Here's a chance to convince us.

2BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 08:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going to be a tough game with all the injuries and we will miss Santos massively. Should be a great atmosphere with 5000 Wednesday fans if nothing else but as i've said before half of our lot have their flip flops on already.

Another draw i reckon, i'll go 1-1.

3BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 09:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another home dicking.

0-3 to the Wednesday.

4BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 09:51

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Big game for the Owls and their fans but not for us, so I won't mind losing too much.

Pleased to see that Danny Willett has started well in the Masters golf but sorry to read that he's a Liverpool fan.

Its just not right for a Sheffield lad. It could be worse though, much worse. He could have been a Rag.

5BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 10:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seen some rumours on twitter saying Charles and Evatt have had a big fall out and Charles won't start tomorrow and will be shipped out in the summer. Hope that's not the case and its all bollocks but if it is true then this sounds very much like the Sarcevic situation again.

6BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 11:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Seen some rumours on twitter saying Charles and Evatt have had a big fall out and Charles won't start tomorrow and will be shipped out in the summer. Hope that's not the case and its all bollocks but if it is true then this sounds very much like the Sarcevic situation again.
...and we handed him a 3 year contract?

7BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 11:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will be interesting to see what team he picks tomorrow, will he give the likes of Amaechi a game?

Will he change formation slightly and go to a 343 instead of the 3412? We don't really have a number 10 who can play in the hole behind the front 2 if Dapo and Lee aren't available unless he plays Morley further up and brings in Thomason to play alongside MJ. Ideally Sadlier would play as the no10 but he will be needed at RWB now.

8BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It will be interesting to see what team he picks tomorrow, will he give the likes of Amaechi a game?

Will he change formation slightly and go to a 343 instead of the 3412? We don't really have a number 10 who can play in the hole behind the front 2 if Dapo and Lee aren't available unless he plays Morley further up and brings in Thomason to play alongside MJ. Ideally Sadlier would play as the no10 but he will be needed at RWB now.
Whatever team he picks it won't be ideal.
Either way I think he needs to swallow his pride and play both Dempsey and MJ in the same team.

Maybe 352 with a 5 of

Sadlier Dempsey Morley MJ John

and Baka and JDB up top?

And when we go behind he could stick Kacha on for Morley
Or if we get a lead put George on for Morley.

9BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I forgot about Kachunga so guess he'll play as the no10?

I think the team will be

Trafford

Jones  Aimson( pale) Johnston

Sadlier MJ Morley John

Kachunga

Bod Charles

10BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 12:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Whatever team he picks it won't be ideal.
Either way I think he needs to swallow his pride and play both Dempsey and MJ in the same team.

Maybe 352 with a 5 of

Sadlier Dempsey Morley MJ John

and Baka and JDB up top?

And when we go behind he could stick Kacha on for Morley
Or if we get a lead put George on for Morley.
Think Dempsey is injured as well Lusty.

11BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 13:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Think Dempsey is injured as well Lusty.
Bunch of f***** sick notes Smile

12BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Fri Apr 08 2022, 16:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 09:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 10:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Seen some rumours on twitter saying Charles and Evatt have had a big fall out and Charles won't start tomorrow and will be shipped out in the summer. Hope that's not the case and its all bollocks but if it is true then this sounds very much like the Sarcevic situation again.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all Norpig, somethings obviously wrong with Dion the way he’s performing. That’s one concern I have with Evatt, that everything has to be done his way and he won’t stand players with alternative views. On the other hand, Dion does seem a bloody minded character as per his previous before coming here. I hope not though because he could be good for us.

As for today, I just can’t see anything other than a beating and I have to agree with Nat, it could be 2 or 3 for the Owls.

15BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 11:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reminds me of when the U18s played Coventry. If we can get away with a 0 - 0 it would be like winning the FA Cup again Smile
I just hope the fans get behind the team in the same way they did with the kids when they were getting hammered every week.

16BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 12:33

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Reminds me of when the U18s played Coventry. If we can get away with a 0 - 0 it would be like winning the FA Cup again Smile
I just hope the fans get behind the team in the same way they did with the kids when they were getting hammered every week.
I think everybody will be behind the players if they perform Lusty but with nothing really to play for now there’s always the chance they might lay off. I hope not because there should be a terrific atmosphere if we go at them. Sadly recent games tell me won’t perform and that we’ll lose convincingly but I genuinely hope not. I do feel a bit of a sham not going over today but I’m afraid my enthusiasm has waned in recent weeks and I can’t wait for summer now. Instead I’m going to watch Manure “hopefully” stuff Everton and add to their relegation woes. I really hope for some karma and they go down on goal difference.

17BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 12:47

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:
I think everybody will be behind the players if they perform Lusty but with nothing really to play for now there’s always the chance they might lay off. I hope not because there should be a terrific atmosphere if we go at them. Sadly recent games tell me won’t perform and that we’ll lose convincingly but I genuinely hope not. I do feel a bit of a sham not going over today but I’m afraid my enthusiasm has waned in recent weeks and I can’t wait for summer now. Instead I’m going to watch Manure “hopefully” stuff Everton and add to their relegation woes. I really hope for some karma and they go down on goal difference.

You're just trying to avoid being put in the stocks for supporting the Rags. I see that Rangnick's decided to give eco-friendly bat loving patron saint of hedgehogs, Marcus Rashford, an outing today. Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat Apr 09 2022, 14:51; edited 1 time in total

18BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 14:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I failed Bob, borrowed my lads Sky only to find out it’s on bloody BT. Aargh.

Anyway the ba——-d toffees are winning! Double Aargh

Whites just got to win today now to cheer me up 🥴

19BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 14:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

20BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Sheff Wednesday Sat Apr 09 2022, 14:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I failed Bob, borrowed my lads Sky only to find out it’s on bloody BT. Aargh.

Anyway the ba——-d toffees are winning! Double Aargh

Whites just got to win today now to cheer me up 🥴
I'm watching the Everton match now. You wouldn't know Manure are fighting for a Champions League spot - they are atrocious.
Reminds me of us at our worst - loads of possession, slow build up, nothing happening up front and taking chances at the back.
Worse still, their players are arrogant and petulant - unforgiveable given what's at stake and they're losing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum