Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What can we no longer do?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What can we no longer do? Empty What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 11:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was having a vino with a bunch of grumpy old people yesterday and the conversation developed into a list of "things we can't do that we could do last year" - so I'm wondering what else has gone down the pan?

So far we have:

Buy diesel
Get married in a registry office
See a doctor within 3 weeks
Get a dental appointment unless you've had treatment from them in the last year
Renew your passport in under 6 months
Buy free-range eggs
Watch BWFC get promoted.

TBF it was only me interested in the last one, but there must be other things?

2What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 12:58

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Poke fun at Wigan for being shit and having no money

3What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have a discussion about Brexit on here  Very Happy

4What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 14:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:Poke fun at Wigan for being shit and having no money
We couldn't that last year either

5What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 15:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I was having a vino with a bunch of grumpy old people yesterday and the conversation developed into a list of "things we can't do that we could do last year" - so I'm wondering what else has gone down the pan?

So far we have:

Buy diesel
Get married in a registry office
See a doctor within 3 weeks
Get a dental appointment unless you've had treatment from them in the last year
Renew your passport in under 6 months
Buy free-range eggs
Watch BWFC get promoted.

TBF it was only me interested in the last one, but there must be other things?
I've got a dental check up next Tuesday, and I haven't been for 18 months due to the restrictions.
Unfortunately, my usual dentist is on maternity leave, and I'm lumbered with a Blackpool supporter.

6What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 15:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Have a discussion about Brexit on here  Very Happy
Pretty sure it's more than a year since we were last able to discuss it without the conversation being sidetracked by mud-slinging - and yet there have been almost 20 articles published about it - both pro and con - in the last 12 hours.
Wide range of issues from passport confusion affecting travel to impending job losses, but the funniest were about the BBC's reporting of "the beetroot crisis".

The London Economic had a go at the BBC for editing out the b-word (again) from NFU Scotland President Martin Kennedy's interview where he squarely blamed the b-word for hundreds of thousand of tons of beetroot being left in the fields to rot.
Within two hours, the BBC published this.

Looks like they don't like being criticised for kowtowing to the government just because they are going to remove the licence fee.

7What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 15:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I've got a dental check up next Tuesday, and I haven't been for 18 months due to the restrictions.
Unfortunately, my usual dentist is on maternity leave, and I'm lumbered with a Blackpool supporter.
Better than nowt. Can't get an appointment for love nor money here.

8What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 15:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Better than nowt. Can't get an appointment for love nor money here.
My brother uses an NHS dentist, and he's struggling to get an appointment.

9What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 15:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Assume a  persons pronouns, you can identify as anything you want now. Still can't get my head around a single person being called they  Rolling Eyes

10What can we no longer do? Empty Re: What can we no longer do? Mon Apr 11 2022, 15:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bloke on the cut meat counter at our local ASDA identifies as an Anglepoise lamp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum