Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC - Champions of Europe!

+4
Sluffy
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Thu Apr 21 2022, 18:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Makes life a whole lot easier and pleasanter for all of us wouldn't it?
It would if you shut up about it.

This unhealthy obsession you have with him is not a good thing.

I couldn’t give an absolute flying fuck whether he’s telling the truth or not and we have to take it all at face value because none of us bloody know him apart from on here.

I hope I don’t end up like this when I reach 70! :facepalm:

22BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Thu Apr 21 2022, 20:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Thanks for your advice.

The point of my reply to you was really about how time catches up to us all and we can no longer do what we did - as you evidenced yourself above - and which I'm sure most if not all of us on here are very much aware of that ourselves.

That being said it must equally be true that someone in or around seventy years of age must be telling porkies that they can still run rings around grown men 50 years there junior - not once but twice a week!!!

I then posed a rhetorical question as to why someone who clearly does not like being lied to has no hesitation or compunction to tell lies to others on here?

Fair enough if it doesn't bother you, doesn't bother me really except that I'm often having to debunk his lies on many of the threads we get into debates on.

Surely it is better for everyone if lies aren't spouted in the first place?

That's my thinking anyway.

Makes life a whole lot easier and pleasanter for all of us wouldn't it?

It's not even though he's telling a fib or a tale to get a laugh...?

He clearly wants us all to believe he does play competitive football twice a week and betters grown men fifty years younger than himself...

..dunno..

Depends on the context of the lie for me. For example, I’m not convinced Nat is being entirely truthful on here but it’s a football forum named Bolton Nuts so we play along. Not all lies are harmful.

23BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Thu Apr 21 2022, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Depends on the context of the lie for me. For example, I’m not convinced Nat is being entirely truthful on here but it’s a football forum named Bolton Nuts so we play along. Not all lies are harmful.

You bitch.

24BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Thu Apr 21 2022, 22:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thanks for your advice.

The point of my reply to you was really about how time catches up to us all and we can no longer do what we did - as you evidenced yourself above - and which I'm sure most if not all of us on here are very much aware of that ourselves.

That being said it must equally be true that someone in or around seventy years of age must be telling porkies that they can still run rings around grown men 50 years there junior - not once but twice a week!!!

I then posed a rhetorical question as to why someone who clearly does not like being lied to has no hesitation or compunction to tell lies to others on here?

Fair enough if it doesn't bother you, doesn't bother me really except that I'm often having to debunk his lies on many of the threads we get into debates on.

Surely it is better for everyone if lies aren't spouted in the first place?

That's my thinking anyway.

Makes life a whole lot easier and pleasanter for all of us wouldn't it?

It's not even though he's telling a fib or a tale to get a laugh...?

He clearly wants us all to believe he does play competitive football twice a week and betters grown men fifty years younger than himself...

..dunno..

Depends on the context of the lie for me. For example, I’m not convinced Nat is being entirely truthful on here but it’s a football forum named Bolton Nuts so we play along. Not all lies are harmful.

Thought I'd answered that very point in my post you are replying to?

As for if lies aren't harmful then why the hell is Wanderlust (and others off here to it must be said...) get so incensed when Johnson is caught out in a lie - he broke a rule that probably the vast majority of the country did as well!

(OK I know its different in Johnson position and I believe he should be sacked, never mind resign)

Why even the need to lie on here???

I don't understand the blatant hypocrisy of Wanderlust hatred of being lied to and him lying himself to others at the drop of a hat - how does that work?

How can you justify that in your head?

There's several on here incensed about someone lying (Johnson) and yet having a pop at me for pointing out Wanderlust has lied on here - and we know that for definite as Norpig finally outed him as Hoppy510 which he lied and lied and lied again to say it wasn't him!

If you are happy for people to lie to your face in real life that's up to you but I don't want to be around people I can't trust to be straight with me.

Ok social media isn't real life, I get that but why should someone tell lies and post fake news for others to believe - and they do!

Wanderlust has lied on many things on here - a few of which I know for certain from my professional career and training, that he's deliberately misleading others.  I simply post to correct that and that is when the dance starts where he can't be seen to have been caught out - you know exactly like Boris - so he lies, abuses and misleads some more.

Don't you find the irony in that his biggest hatred - being lied to and being deceitful, is the exact same thing he does naturally himself???

I do.

Don't you find it interesting that others on here can't stand Johnson for doing it yet find no harm in Wanderlust doing the same?

Ok who gives two hoots that he tells porkies about playing football - I just found it so funny him doing so 'twice a week' - and presumably him believing we are all falling for it - what does he think we all are stupid or something?

Maybe I should have played him along and asked him to tell us more of his tall tales about his football, whilst all the while sniggering at his lies but I'm not like that and hence my more blunt approach as to ask him why are you lying, what's the point you doing so?

So please forgive me then for being an honest soul in real life and wanting honesty between the what ten or twelve regulars we have on here when we are serious about something (rather than the times we are taking the piss?).

Is that really bad of me to want that?

..dunno..

25BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Thu Apr 21 2022, 22:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty looks pretty good to me. Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

26BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Fri Apr 22 2022, 16:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Lusty looks pretty good to me. Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I wish Smile
Lovely evening here in Norfolk - perfect for running around and kicking kids, a quick shower and then up to the pub for a couple of pints with the 20 something's whilst they moan about the younger ones never passing.

27BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Fri Apr 22 2022, 16:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I gave up at 42 due to recurring injuries and because I’d find myself looking at the space I should be running into but was still stood where I’d just passed the ball from. I just didn’t enjoy it as much without the physical ability to play at the level I had previously. Still miss playing now after having played 3 evening per week for over 25ish years.

I originally moved to New York back in ‘98 and remember our British CEO recruiting a 5-a-side team to play in a Chelsea Piers league. “We’ll be great - American’s are rubbish at football” he said, only to quickly find out the opposite was the case. The league was full of Central and South American kids who danced around us for fun so we had to adapt or game fast. It was a totally different game and ultimately made me a far better player. Fun times.
Just read this Fin and you hit the nail on the head - you have to adapt your game. Obviously I can't play the way I used to - I was a box to box midfielder but I can hardly run 20 yards without feeling it nowadays so that's not happening in a month of Sundays - so now I usually play deeper and rely heavily on positional sense and anticipation - which is further helped by playing with the same core group of lads every week - so I know their game inside out. And as long as I can still tackle, block, head, pass and shoot I'm all over it.

28BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 00:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Just read this Fin and you hit the nail on the head - you have to adapt your game. Obviously I can't play the way I used to - I was a box to box midfielder but I can hardly run 20 yards without feeling it nowadays so that's not happening in a month of Sundays - so now I usually play deeper and rely heavily on positional sense and anticipation - which is further helped by playing with the same core group of lads every week - so I know their game inside out. And as long as I can still tackle, block, head, pass and shoot I'm all over it.
For several years I played on a team with a 6’8” Norwegian giant. I’ve never seen anyone control a midfield by barely ever leaving the center circle like he did. His incredible technical ability and reading of the game totally compensated for his lack of mobility. His game was a joy to watch but we still relentlessly took the piss out of him for being a lazy troll.

29BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 01:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
For several years I played on a team with a 6’8” Norwegian giant. I’ve never seen anyone control a midfield by barely ever leaving the center circle like he did. His incredible technical ability and reading of the game totally compensated for his lack of mobility. His game was a joy to watch but we still relentlessly took the piss out of him for being a lazy troll.

Think he'd be bossing the midfield with his incredible technical ability and reading of the game, against men 50 years younger than him when he turns 70...?

...twice a week too...?

:rofl:

Fair play to you trying to show some sort of support to Wanderlust but the truth is that if old wrinkles like me could still be able to compete with the youngsters in our fifties and sixties, let alone our seventies, there would be plenty of us out there still doing so.

There simply aren't any though.

Try playing footy with your 5 and 6 year old grandkids at seventy and you are knackered let alone competitive football against grown men competing to win.

(And if you aren't that old then think of your dad playing footy with your kids when they were little and how glad he was when they gave him a rest!).

Christ even walking football (where players go to when they can't hack proper football anymore) has age categories - they do so for obvious reasons...!!!

30BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 11:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
My lot treat me no differently from everyone else - totally on my case if I make a bad pass - and I made a couple last night (my excuse was it's very windy although in reality I shanked the passes)  But I wouldn't have it any other way as I never stop shouting at them - praise where it's due and piss taking when they f*** up - apart from the young 'uns of course. We had a 16 year old playing last night and he was OK but missed an open goal from about 3 yards but all I could say was "unlucky" - you have to encourage them Smile

31BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 12:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just a thought...

If you had a a child at 18, and they had a child at 18, and they had a child 18...

...at 70 years old you could potentially be playing competitive football against your 16 year old great grandson!!!

32BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 12:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Think he'd be bossing the midfield with his incredible technical ability and reading of the game, against men 50 years younger than him when he turns 70...?

...twice a week too...?

:rofl:

Fair play to you trying to show some sort of support to Wanderlust but the truth is that if old wrinkles like me could still be able to compete with the youngsters in our fifties and sixties, let alone our seventies, there would be plenty of us out there still doing so.

There simply aren't any though.

Try playing footy with your 5 and 6 year old grandkids at seventy and you are knackered let alone competitive football against grown men competing to win.

(And if you aren't that old then think of your dad playing footy with your kids when they were little and how glad he was when they gave him a rest!).

Christ even walking football (where players go to when they can't hack proper football anymore) has age categories - they do so for obvious reasons...!!!

Sluffy, I wasn’t showing any kind of support for Lusty but merely joining in on a forum conversation. No agenda other than I thought I had something to contribute so I shared it.

33BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 13:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Sluffy, I wasn’t showing any kind of support for Lusty but merely joining in on a forum conversation. No agenda other than I thought I had something to contribute so I shared it.

Ok, I clearly thought there was a bit more to it as you are such an infrequent poster on the forum apart from the competitions.

We all look forward to you sharing more of your thoughts and views with us more often hopefully from now on.

34BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 14:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Ok, I clearly thought there was a bit more to it as you are such an infrequent poster on the forum apart from the competitions.

We all look forward to you sharing more of your thoughts and views with us more often hopefully from now on.
Guilty of always being more interested in what others have to say but I’ll try.

35BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Just a thought...

If you had a a child at 18, and they had a child at 18, and they had a child 18...

...at 70 years old you could potentially be playing competitive football against your 16 year old great grandson!!!

About a month ago we had four youngsters play in the same game and it was noted that their combined age was younger then me - amused me at the time. Think I still might have one of them in my pocket Smile

36BWFC - Champions of Europe! - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC - Champions of Europe! Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTW if anyone of the regulars are staying in Norfolk this summer and fancies a game on Monday 8pm or Friday 6 pm - or even just wants to watch - message me and I'll sort something out.
NB: Not for the next couple of weeks though as I'm off to Morocco cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum