Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Where are they now - Laurence Bassini

Where are they now - Laurence Bassini

+3
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Where are they now - Laurence Bassini Empty Where are they now - Laurence Bassini Wed May 11 2022, 22:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

EXCLUSIVE: David Sullivan is funding Laurence Bassini's proposed £35m bid to buy Birmingham City - and West Ham owner could regain control at St Andrew's if prospective buyer fails to repay £33m loan

David Sullivan's investment company has agreed to loan Laurence Bassini £33m
Birmingham City's Hong Kong-based owners are mulling over numerous offers
Sullivan's loan offer makes clear he would take control in the event of a default
Sullivan sold Birmingham 13 years ago to Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung
Any purchase agreed by the EFL would also have to be signed off by the FA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

West Ham owner David Sullivan is funding a proposed £35million takeover of Birmingham City that could see him regain control at St Andrew's if the club's prospective buyer Laurence Bassini fails to repay the loan.

Sportsmail can reveal that Sullivan's investment company, Rickleford Limited, have agreed to loan Bassini £33m to buy City from Hong Kong-based owners Birmingham Sports Holdings, who want to sell and are mulling over numerous offers.

Sullivan's loan offer makes clear he would take control of 'the property assets of the club' in the event of a default, raising the prospect of him regaining control of Birmingham 13 years after selling to Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung for £81.5m.

Sullivan confirmed to Sportsmail that he had arranged loans for Bassini on a number of investments, but declined to comment on the details of the Birmingham bid. Bassini also declined to comment.

Sullivan's role in the Bassini offer for Birmingham came as a surprise to the EFL when they were contacted by Sportsmail on Tuesday and may complicate the sale process.

Given the possibility of Sullivan ultimately taking control, any purchase agreed by the EFL would also have to be signed off by the FA - as West Ham and Birmingham both compete in the FA Cup.

The Premier League may also be asked for their views as both clubs could be in the top flight in the future.

Under FA and Premier League rules an owner or shareholder is not permitted to have more than a 30 per cent stake in clubs competing in the same competition.

Bassini has been in negotiations with Birmingham's owners since the end of last year, having failed in previous takeover attempts at Bolton, Charlton and Oxford over the last few years.

The 52-year-old - who spent one year as Watford chairman before selling to the Pozzo family in 2012 - has a colourful history, having twice been declared bankrupt and forced to serve a three-year ban from EFL ownership after an independent commission ruled that he had been 'dishonest with the League and his fellow directors'.

Bassini is battling with several groups to buy Birmingham, including a consortium led by former Barcelona striker Maxi Lopez and Blues fan Paul Richardson, who both attended the club's final game of the season against Blackburn last weekend.

The sale is being handled by financier Keith Harris, who has previously brokered takeovers at Manchester City, Aston Villa and West Ham, although the latter predated Sullivan's purchase of the club.

The EFL have yet to see details of any of the bids and are waiting for Birmingham to conclude the sale process.

Sullivan's involvement in the Bassini bid will also raise questions over whether the latter has sufficient funding required to run a Championship club, as well as fuelling speculation about the future ownership of West Ham.

Sullivan and co-owner David Gold have earmarked next year as a potential date to sell the club as a clause in the London Stadium contract, requiring them to pay tens of millions in a windfall tax if they cash in, expires in March 2023.

An option for a full takeover of West Ham was also included when they sold 27 per cent of the club to Czech billionaire Daniel Kretinsky for £200m last year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope he’s got all his paperwork in order

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not so sure that he has...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely this chancer won't pass the fit and proper test? Of course he will, what am i thinking?  Rolling Eyes

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Birmingham fans seem desperate for it to be anyone but Bassini. First they were hoping for Karren Brady's return - not happening - and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is Maxi Lopez, the Argie striker who played at Barca is in.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched the video, the man is a fantasist and it all sounded very familiar to us Bolton fans. I wouldn't wish Bassini on Wigan he's that bad.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More action from Bassini 

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Complete nutter!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read it this morning and my first thought was that BCFC fans must be either crapping themselves or thinking it would surely never happen. And for their sakes I hope it doesn't.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even more action from Bassini! (viewer discretion is advised) Shocked Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definitely a new low for Nuts.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Definitely a new low for Nuts.

You enjoyed seeing that. Admit it. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

You'll never know what I'm going through. The only saving grace is that it wasn't Brucie.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

You'll never know what I'm going through. The only saving grace is that it wasn't Brucie.

I don't know how he can be so stupid to let this be recorded after everything.

He really doesn't help himself.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw Bassini's side kick Matt Southall is to become Birmingham's new Chief Exec...

Paul Richardson reveals Matt Southall role in Birmingham City takeover
Richardson intends to add to the management team, with controversial former Charlton chief executive Matt Southall coming in as Blues’ new CEO

“We will be adding to the team that we have got, we will assess the team that is here first and add to the team as we see necessary. Probably a CEO and CFO,” Richardson said, confirming that Southall will be coming in and admitting that he has ‘a little bit of history yes'.

Richardson added: “I have known Matt for over ten years, a personal friend, we need someone in this club that has experience in a tough environment, we have got some tough decisions to make as we move forward and we believe, myself and Maxi are right behind him, that he is the right guy to do it. I know all about the history, we have talked about it extensively. Matt, along with the CFO, will be reporting to myself and Maxi.

“We discussed everything, as I say Matt is a personal friend of mine so I know in depth about everything and there is always more than one side to a story at the end of the day. We are very clear and concise with it so no problem at all.”

Southall was kicked out of Charlton for spending the clubs money on himself apparently.

Charlton staff ordered NOT to allow Matt Southall into stadium or training ground as chairman banned from all premises in escalating feud with majority shareholder Tahnoon Nimer

Seems a bit whiffy to me that Bassini AND Southall were both in this together once again!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

I don't know how he can be so stupid to let this be recorded after everything.

He really doesn't help himself.
That’s an old vid, that was circulated when he was interested in our beloved club Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum