Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Whitesince63
wessy
Hip Priest
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
okocha
wanderlust
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 19]

101How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed May 25 2022, 16:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's come to something when the Telegraph of all papers writes an article entitled

"Tory MPs will go down with the PM if they wait too long to topple him" Here.

But as I've been saying for a while, the discontent has been rising but we haven't yet reached the point where power is eclipsed by principles.

102How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed May 25 2022, 17:12

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy, re 1085. Not wishing to include your long post in my reply I’ll just explain that it wasn’t someone’s dislike of my using the term I used to describe the French colloquially that disappointed me as much as considering what has been widely accepted for years for the French to be “racist.” which frankly is pathetic. It’s no more racist that Yanks for Americans, Kiwis for New Zealenders or Ozzies for Australians. There are certainly some terms such as Pakis, Chinks, etc which are certainly meant to be offensive and racist, which of course I would never use. Having worked with and lived amongst the French for over 40 years, I respect them hugely as a people and can tell you from 1st hand experience that they do not consider the term to be racist. Indeed, being one of the top 5 companies in France we had first pick of graduates who we used to accommodate at our training centre in London for two weeks each year. We referred to them as tadpoles and they loved it. Indeed, you want to hear some of the labels they have for us, which are equally to be taken in good spirit. I think we all know when a word or term is used as an insult but when we reach the point where that is misinterpreted as in this case, we have gone too far in my humble opinion. In your initial response to me, you recommended me not to be soft. Might that request not have been more relevant to the over sensitive individual who made a point of it in the first place?

103How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed May 25 2022, 17:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Sluffy, re 1085. Not wishing to include your long post in my reply I’ll just explain that it wasn’t someone’s dislike of my using the term I used to describe the French colloquially that disappointed me as much as considering what has been widely accepted for years for the French to be “racist.” which frankly is pathetic. It’s no more racist that Yanks for Americans, Kiwis for New Zealenders or Ozzies for Australians. There are certainly some terms such as Pakis, Chinks, etc which are certainly meant to be offensive and racist, which of course I would never use. Having worked with and lived amongst the French for over 40 years, I respect them hugely as a people and can tell you from 1st hand experience that they do not consider the term to be racist. Indeed, being one of the top 5 companies in France we had first pick of graduates who we used to accommodate at our training centre in London for two weeks each year. We referred to them as tadpoles and they loved it. Indeed, you want to hear some of the labels they have for us, which are equally to be taken in good spirit. I think we all know when a word or term is used as an insult but when we reach the point where that is misinterpreted as in this case, we have gone too far in my humble opinion. In your initial response to me, you recommended me not to be soft. Might that request not have been more relevant to the over sensitive individual who made a point of it in the first place?

The individuals involved, Natasha and Wanderlust (he had previously posted that you were stupid or some such) care little for what I may do or say and they are fully aware of what they themselves are doing and saying.

As far as I'm concerned you should all grow up.

I too have personal experience with the French and share your views of them but I've also met one or two bad ones as well.

Their colloquialism for us that I'm aware of was 'roast beef's'.

Fwiw I don't believe you, the French or even Wanderlust to be at all racist, I've simply requested that you no longer use the colloquialism's you (and Wanderlust previously) had on here.

I don't believe the request to be unreasonable and it certainly isn't onerous to comply with either.

We'd all be more than happy for you to return and post on here again but clearly that is entirely up to you.

Hopefully now we can in Boris's words 'all move on from this now'!

Hope so anyway.

104How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed May 25 2022, 19:54

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Imagine what would happen if Johnson stayed in place as PM, and the country's citizens were required to go into another lockdown under government orders because of a new health scare/pandemic......

105How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed May 25 2022, 21:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My thoughts for what they are worth.

- Case and Reynolds covered their backs sufficiently enough that Boris could not throw them under the bus - otherwise he would have.  This suggests to me they have evidence enough to damage him if required.

- Johnson DID attempt to shelve Gray's report in a meeting he had with her.  He may not have spoke the words but he certainly had someone there who did.  Gray pointed out to him the Parliament was promised a full report and it's going to look very, very dodgy if she didn't give them one.

- There WAS a party at the 'Winner Takes It All' event and Gray has the evidence.  For whatever reason Met Police didn't issue a FPN (Johnson claims he was interviewing one of Carrie's best mates - who was one of the four Spad's who got dumped on a single day sometime later.  Gray would have been in a difficult position to report fully on it due to the Mets decision there was no party - hence her whishy-washy comments about her investigation into this event.

- Boris lied and continues to do so.

- There is no appetite from the Tory Party to dump him.

- Investigation into seeing if he lied to Parliament next - should be interesting!

106How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 01:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam Coates of SKY news recklessly asking the questions that the rest of the media are shying away from - presumably to maintain access for future stories?

107How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 02:02

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If the Privileges Committee finds that Johnson undeniably lied at the dispatch box (which, let's be honest, is plainly obvious to everyone), and the Daily Mirror simultaneously publishes photos provided by Despicable Dom showing Bojo getting a BJ from sycophantic, idiotic PM worshipper/stalker Nadine Dorries on the front benches of the House of Commons, Johnson would still refuse to resign, saying that because this happens on a regular basis he was sure it was just a normal work related event.  
Spineless, careerist Tory backbench MPs will back Boris all the way on this (unless media/public response threatens their chances of re-election at the next General Election).
What the hell kind of democracy is this? 
Honestly, what fucking chance have we got? This is Great Britain 2022 under a corrupt as fuck Tory government with a large majority.

108How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 _124919049_mirror-png

109How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 08:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And for balance the good old Daily Fail never disappoints

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 _124919041_mail-nc

110How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 09:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy, my final word on “Froggate” 🥴. The whole episode is ridiculous and childish and I couldn’t agree more with your “grow up” comment, which also applies to yourself and especially Nat. 😉

111How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 10:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Sluffy, my final word on “Froggate” 🥴. The whole episode is ridiculous and childish and I couldn’t agree more with your “grow up” comment, which also applies to yourself and especially Nat. 😉

Good!

I'm sure we all look forward to you posting on here again soon then.

Very Happy

112How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 10:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunak must be reeling today. He has to give a speech on the "cost of living crisis" and given that the Tories have bombed in the polls that they live and die by, we can expect another round of massive borrowing in an attempt to appease the nation.

The big question is whether or not he will ameliorate the damage by introducing a windfall tax on the oil and gas globals - and if so, will it be just a token gesture for a few months or a real dent in their profits?

113How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 12:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Latest Private Eye cover. Very Happy
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Img_2511

114How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 12:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very Happy

Very funny Bonce but unfortunately Wanderlust believes it to be too serious a matter to laugh at Johnson...

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I liked the BYOB one, although it makes a joke out of the very serious matter of having a dishonest, shameless and corrupt leader. Leading the country is no joking matter.

So you won't be laughing at Boris Johnson from now on then?

Good to hear that.

I'll still laugh at him though...

...and you as well!

:rofl:

115How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 12:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He claims the vaccine roll-out...developed by scientists...rolled out by NHS and volunteers...paid for by tax payers; it wasn't developed because he was in No.10, was it?

Never quite sure what is meant when a minister says "we were working night and day, round the clock...."    Practising their party lines to trot out before the cameras, as Allegra Stratton was??

116How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 12:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boys, boys, the week draws to a close, and we can look forward, hopefully, to another one, filled with hope.

117How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu May 26 2022, 13:00

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The words that got the biggest laugh in the HoC yesterday were Boris' claim that he was "humbled" by Sue Gray's findings. 
He's the least humble man imaginable and I didn't spot any lessening of that trait in what followed.

As his housemaster at Eton observed years ago, he doesn't seem to think that the rules apply to him.

His "apology" has to be the most insincere and empty excuse ever, as he immediately vowed to carry on as before! The irony!

118How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 27 2022, 10:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:He claims the vaccine roll-out...developed by scientists...rolled out by NHS and volunteers...paid for by tax payers; it wasn't developed because he was in No.10, was it?
He claims a lot of things. I heard one Tory saying that it was not the time for change because of his role in the war? What role? Posing with Zelensky and signing off a budget - a small budget at that compared to the US and the EU. It's not as if he's actually needed.

119How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 27 2022, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nadine Dorries gets down with the kids and drops the mic.
Do not view if you are of a nervous disposition.

120How is the Tory government doing? - Page 6 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 28 2022, 00:43

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Go on Andrew lad!! Get stuck in........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum