Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Whitesince63
wessy
Hip Priest
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
okocha
wanderlust
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 40]

181How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 07 2022, 17:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Clock-watching

182How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 08 2022, 00:38

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whitesince63 wrote:211 v 148.

That’s all that matters guys 😉

You're absolutely correct about that 63. 211 v 148 is the dream result for Bodger's enemies. Perfect. Couldn't possibly have been any better. (Obviously I do realise that the Labour Party will probably, as usual, somehow manage to squander this wonderful gift).
You're also correct about Boris going nowhere. But that unfortunately means neither are the Conservative party. It's tearing itself to shreds already and the longer The Criminal manages to cling on to power (and boy is he going to cling on) the more damage it will do to the Tories. It's great spectator sport at the moment. Really enjoying it.

183How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 08 2022, 08:59

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:

You're absolutely correct about that 63. 211 v 148 is the dream result for Bodger's enemies. Perfect. Couldn't possibly have been any better. (Obviously I do realise that the Labour Party will probably, as usual, somehow manage to squander this wonderful gift).
You're also correct about Boris going nowhere. But that unfortunately means neither are the Conservative party. It's tearing itself to shreds already and the longer The Criminal manages to cling on to power (and boy is he going to cling on) the more damage it will do to the Tories. It's great spectator sport at the moment. Really enjoying it.
Fair enough HP, let’s see shall we? Most of those voting against Boris were probably those who didn’t support him in his leadership race, so any chance to move him out and put their own choice in they’d take. You’ve been listening to too many BBC and Sly interviews I’m afraid, who will do anything they can to damage the man who delivered Brexit but there’s two years until the next election and if Boris gets his act together and delivers on energy, the cost of living crisis, immigration and cuts taxes, especially green ones, he would lead us into and win the next election. Of course he may do none of these things and if he doesn’t then he deserves to be kicked out. Fortunately there is no serious opposition snapping at his heels and I’d say Starmer has as much chance of winning an election as I have, so for me BoJo’s safe as houses.

184How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 08 2022, 11:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If anyone still has any remaining doubts about Tory spin and lies, just have a look at JRM's interpretation of Blojo's no confidence vote on the video in this article - and then compare it to his reaction to May's no confidence vote in the video in this article.

What a loathsome lying slimeball!

185How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 08 2022, 12:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One of the biggest ironies to arise from the vote was that Johnson said it would stop Sir Keir smirking at him! This from the king of the sickening chain smirkers about a man who is a non-smirker....

186How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 08 2022, 13:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's amusing that Rees Mogg interpreted May's vote of confidence in the following way:

A third of the party voted against her (117 v Boris's 148), so the message to May is that she has lost her moral and political authority and should tender her resignation to the Queen immediately

Equally amusing is the claim that "this is not the time to change the leadership" - when May was stabbed in the back smack bang in the middle of negotiating leaving the EU!

So come on Jacob - stick to your "principles" and demand Blojo's immediate resignation.

187How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 08 2022, 19:24

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Switched on PMQs today to witness the new, "humbled", contrite PM "getting on with the job":- 
 his very first contribution was a sneering, smirking personal insult directed in a very hostile manner at the polite questioner. Of course, the performing seals loved it, jeering and honking like delinquents.
on ASBOs.

In other words, neither Boris nor his acolytes are at all chastened and will carry on as before. 

Democracy and civil, grown-up debate of the country's issues and problems in action, 2022-style....

If you watch the video that Norpig posted yesterday, all becomes clear as to how we have reached this point under a villain who sets the example and encourages law-breaking and loutish behaviour.

188How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 08 2022, 22:47

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:It's amusing that Rees Mogg interpreted May's vote of confidence in the following way:

A third of the party voted against her (117 v Boris's 148), so the message to May is that she has lost her moral and political authority and should tender her resignation to the Queen immediately

Equally amusing is the claim that "this is not the time to change the leadership" - when May was stabbed in the back smack bang in the middle of negotiating leaving the EU!

So come on Jacob - stick to your "principles" and demand Blojo's immediate resignation.
Thanks goodness she was stabbed in the back whilst capitulating leaving the EU or we really would have been forever saddled with Brino. She still lumbered Boris with the makings of a bad deal from which he was at least able to salvage something, nowhere near enough but at least we can work on it going forward.

189How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 01:56

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't watch PMQ's anymore. He winds me up too much. It really traumatises me. I can't cope with his childish big mouth blustering and the fact that he doesn't give a shit about lying anymore. He knows we all now know that he lies all the time and so gives even less of a shit because he knows he can get away with it. He just makes everything up as he goes along. 
How the hell has the present day Conservative party managed to lower itself to this level. I never imagined myself saying this but I do feel really sorry for the likes of proper Conservative politicians like David Davies, and while I will never agree with their politics, at least they possessed integrity.
Johnson is a pathetic court jester who wouldn't think twice about putting his own personal interests in front of those of our country.

190How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 08:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:I can't watch PMQ's anymore. He winds me up too much. It really traumatises me. I can't cope with his childish big mouth blustering and the fact that he doesn't give a shit about lying anymore. He knows we all now know that he lies all the time and so gives even less of a shit because he knows he can get away with it. He just makes everything up as he goes along. 
How the hell has the present day Conservative party managed to lower itself to this level. I never imagined myself saying this but I do feel really sorry for the likes of proper Conservative politicians like David Davies, and while I will never agree with their politics, at least they possessed integrity.
Johnson is a pathetic court jester who wouldn't think twice about putting his own personal interests in front of those of our country.
He’s certainly a flawed character HP, truly Marmite you could say but he strangely still has that charisma despite all the issues. Like you I respect David Davis as well as the likes of IDS and others but they simply don’t have the pulling power of a Boris. Clearly if there were a stand out character that did, Boris would be gone but there just isn’t so we soldier on. Do I like Boris, no, do I respect him, no but would I overlook that and keep him in post, yes until either he fails to overcome the current problems properly, or someone appears who can seriously challenge him.

I’m certain that if you asked every Tory party member would they like to replace him should a credible candidate emerge, a majority would say yes but since there isn’t one we have to get behind BoJo until there is. I think Boris is one of those “lucky generals” and something will occur to show him in a better light. There’s still two years to go until the next election, plenty of time for circumstances to change and whilst people won’t forget Partygate, it may be overtaken by other matters. It’s events my boy, events.

191How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 09:22

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Politicians being economical with the actuality! Whatever next? But if you are going to indulge in a bit of fibbing best to keep things in perspective. I mean, skiving on orange juice and birthday cake whilst pretending to be working. That is serious.

192How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 10:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's a question that is exercising me at the moment.

The world is facing a global economic crisis with inflation almost everywhere, food shortages looming, fuel prices rising - we're in big trouble.

So why then is the UK in deeper trouble than everywhere else in the developed world?

Today's OECD economic forecast for next year says the UK's economy will decline to ZERO growth next year and the only developed country that will do worse is Russia who face heavy sanctions.

Why?

We produce a million barrels of oil a day ourselves - two thirds of our consumption - and we have low dependency on Russian oil and gas - you'd think that would give us some sort of advantage and an opportunity not to sell our own oil to our consumers at global rates.

We face the same issues as everyone else, and yet our economy is stagnating faster than anyone else.

Global growth forecast has been downgraded to 3.02% in 2023 - but the UK's to zero.

God help the people in the poorer economies, but this is surely a time when the UK should be performing at least on a par with the EU and the US etc but we're not.

It's clearly not a global issue or anything to do with the war in Ukraine so why is the UK getting poorer and less influential?

193How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 12:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Boris will bounce back.

He's too stupid to realise his bufoonery isn't enough to run the country, (along with his inept Cabinet).

194How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Boris will bounce back.

He's too stupid to realise his bufoonery isn't enough to run the country, (along with his inept Cabinet).
Hello mate! I was worried about you - health holding up?

195How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 12:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Boris will bounce back.
Perhaps someone should drop him from an aircraft to test that theory?

196How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 14:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Wander, thanks for asking.
yep, all good. now off the oncology, and stents check list, so I'm assuming I've got the all clear, (all good for the holiday insurance), although I'm expecting a kicking when I have my annual MoT for my diabetes.
You keeping well? I see things have settled down, mostly, with 'The Management' Very Happy

197How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 14:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Hi Wander, thanks for asking.
yep, all good. now off the oncology, and stents check list, so I'm assuming I've got the all clear, (all good for the holiday insurance), although I'm expecting a kicking when I have my annual MoT for my diabetes.
You keeping well? I see things have settled down, mostly, with 'The Management' Very Happy
Sorry to say, Glos, KP has downed tools and gone. Hopefully he'll see sense, and return in triumph.

Hopefully, leaving his record collection behind. Smile

198How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Losing KP aside, the management has been great for the last week or so and peace finally reigns. Delighted to hear you're still in one piece amigo and 2 out of 3 ain't bad - if you can manage a pescetarian diet you'll kick that diabetes ass.
I'm sure Bonce can advise on tasty vegan recipes Smile He does a mean Marmite on toast allegedly.

199How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 16:39

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't buy into this line that we have to stick with this cretin because we have no one better? Really out of 68 million we can't find anyone with higher standards than this retard. This must be the least able cabinet in the history of our great country. 

By using this arguement Tory members are actually putting the countrty at risk by supporting a PM that they actually know is not fit for purpose, this from the flag waving party that shouts Britain first all in the misguided hope that he can turn this around, he's allready done more u turns than Lewis Hamilton.

One other thing of note if you watch previous Pm's being interviewed the likes of Thatcher, Blair etc they always had the upper hand when being questioned they rarely lost out, BJ meanwhile blithers his way through looking like a lost schoolboy or hides in a fridge. What the hell do people see in this over rated under prepared man. We deserve much better after watching Norpigs video, seriously, people defend those actions, why because its Boris FFS

He simply can't lead, watching news footage he spends most of his time in a hard hat or a white coat doing bleep all, while the country goes to ruin.

200How is the Tory government doing? - Page 10 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 09 2022, 16:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Didn’t know you were poorly Glos, sounded serious but hopefully you’re now through it and ready to rock and roll again? 😎

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum