Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Whitesince63
wessy
Hip Priest
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
okocha
wanderlust
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 19]

341How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 23 2022, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Rubbish, MOST people, certainly those that I know, broke various rules so cut it with this stupid holier than thou attitude, which Sluffy sums up so perfectly in his posts. Even my daughter and her colleagues, doctors, nurses, porters and administrators broke the rules when consuming the food and drink delivered through the pandemic. You live in a perfect fantasy world Nat.
Can i apologise again for the entire NHS for having the nerve to actually eat food during a shift during the lockdown, how wrong of us all  Rolling Eyes

342How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 23 2022, 09:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Is the return of polio to the UK directly related to the government's decision to allow companies to dump raw sewage in our rivers?" is a question that is being bandied about this morning.

"How many of the 321 MPs who have applied for and received Irish passports since the EU referendum are Tories?" is another.

But the burning question of the day is "how much of the whopping 24k Tory majority in their Tiverton heartland can be eroded in the by election?" Not as much as the government are pretending it will be in order to claim a minor victory when the LibDems fall just short IMO but we'll see.

343How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 23 2022, 10:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:"Is the return of polio to the UK directly related to the government's decision to allow companies to dump raw sewage in our rivers?" is a question that is being bandied about this morning.

"How many of the 321 MPs who have applied for and received Irish passports since the EU referendum are Tories?" is another.

FAKE NEWS

FACT CHECKED

Polio virus detected ONLY in the Beckton sewage treatment works in Newham - a high density populated area of urban east London.

No links to raw sewerage pumped into rivers anywhere.

There are 650 MP's in Parliament.

Does anyone really believe that HALF of them have obtained an Irish passport???

To apply for one you have to be eligible -

Eligibility. You must be an Irish citizen to get an Irish Passport.

You are automatically an Irish Citizen if you were born in Ireland before 2005 or if you were born abroad to a parent who was born in Ireland before 2005.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/ireland/not-yet-an-irish-citizen/

Someone has been believing the utter bollocks they've read on social media yet again!!!

:rofl:

344How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 23 2022, 14:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

FAKE NEWS

FACT CHECKED

Polio virus detected ONLY in the Beckton sewage treatment works in Newham - a high density populated area of urban east London.

No links to raw sewerage pumped into rivers anywhere.

There are 650 MP's in Parliament.

Does anyone really believe that HALF of them have obtained an Irish passport???

To apply for one you have to be eligible -

Eligibility. You must be an Irish citizen to get an Irish Passport.

You are automatically an Irish Citizen if you were born in Ireland before 2005 or if you were born abroad to a parent who was born in Ireland before 2005.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/ireland/not-yet-an-irish-citizen/

Someone has been believing the utter bollocks they've read on social media yet again!!!

:rofl:
FAKE NEWS

Fact checked.

Wanderlust wrote that the questions were "being bandied about".

Wanderlust did not write at any stage that he believed what people were talking about was true or that he had gone to the trouble of checking the veracity of the premises on which their speculation was based. FWIW the raw sewage/polio speculation came from Dragon's Den nutter Deborah whatsit.

If Sluffy actually understands the difference between the first and third person then presumably the "somebody" isn't Wanderlust..

345How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 23 2022, 14:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Check this out: UK unsafest country in Europe - check out the water quality
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 FV3ws5kXwAU2k6Y?format=jpg&name=900x900

346How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 23 2022, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Fact checked.

Wanderlust did not write at any stage that he believed what people were talking about was true or that he had gone to the trouble of checking the veracity of the premises on which their speculation was based. FWIW the raw sewage/polio speculation came from Dragon's Den nutter Deborah whatsit.

If Sluffy actually understands the difference between the first and third person then presumably the "somebody" isn't Wanderlust..

You just don't know when to stop do you mate?

347How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 23 2022, 23:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
FAKE NEWS

Fact checked.

Lusty, I'm a big fan of Cabin Pressure, and you always remind me of Douglas. Smile

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Lusty, I'm a big fan of Cabin Pressure, and you always remind me of Douglas. Smile
Never listened to it before, but that was quite amusing.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Never listened to it before, but that was quite amusing.
I binge listened on Audible earlier this year, but they're all available on youtube, and are well worth the effort.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"We just need to move on"
"There are more important BIG issues to be getting on with"

"There's a war in Ukraine don't you know, and the PM's role is pivotal"

"By elections mean nothing"

"Well, Labour and the LibDems both lost their deposit!"

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days when the Tory cliches will be trotted out by an assortment of puppets, but underneath it all there's the interesting issue of tactical voting.

Which is ironic as the Tories only gained power in the first place by garnering votes from a broad spectrum of disparate political ideologies loosely based around the concept of leaving the EU - UKIP voters, disenfranchised first timers, disappointed lifelong Labour voters, far right organisations and xenophobes - all coalesced around a simple populist notion.

I said at the time that only a broad coalition of Labour/Libdems/Greens would have any chance of defeating the Tories but of course they are all trying to retain their "brand" and "identity" so nothing has happened on that front at party level.

But the voters have spoken - whether their party leaders like it or not.

In Tiverton, Labour voters abandoned their party (lost deposit) to support the LibDem candidate as did Hugh Fairly-Whittering who had sworn he would never vote anything other than Green - but the net result was one of the biggest swings in history turning a 24k deficit into a 6k win. If only that was a national trend - the Tories would lose over 300 seats! But it clearly isn't.

In Wakefield, the LibDems (lost deposit) voted for Labour en masse to record a respectable >12% swing to win back the seat.

Prof John Curtice has waded in assessing Starmer and Labour's performance as "good but must do a little bit better" when comparing the impact of similar mid-term by elections of the past on the following general election.

I have no doubt that we're in for a heavily cliched media assault from the government today and probably a few more resignations but I'm just wondering if the 1922 committee is just going to ride it out again. Wouldn't surprise me. After all this government has shown a boundless capacity to avoid taking big decisions.

But I'm more interested in whether Labour, the Greens and the Libdems will wake up and smell the coffee by listening to what the electorate is really saying.

The message isn't "Labour in" - it's "Tories out!"

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And the Tory chairman was going to be sacked anyway. Nothing to see here. Very Happy

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:
Can i apologise again for the entire NHS for having the nerve to actually eat food during a shift during the lockdown, how wrong of us all  Rolling Eyes
That’s a pathetic response pig. Rules were broken in many places so why is it a surprise that Westminster was any different? The lockdown was never justified in my opinion as I’ve said all along and has just created problems that didn’t need to be there. That said I have no argument that what went on in No10 was wrong, especially as they made the damn rules, but what sickens me most is this refusal to accept that many of those criticising broke the rules themselves. For your information piggy, the rules applied at least as much to the NHS as Whitehall but of course we should never criticise our darling NHS should we.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Full steam ahead men.

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 18 Captain-of-a-sinking-ship-illustration-id153703795?k=20&m=153703795&s=612x612&w=0&h=GM21wWxRJKXWPSpP5m3YJm0OpZjzjDnQ3IxIZZUbdP8=

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I liked the calm, dignified speeches of the two election victors,....devoid of the gloating or ridiculous, blustering hyperbole and lies that we've come to expect from Boris and co.

Tories' contempt for the country will evidently no longer be tolerated by the electorate.....but it will suit Labour and the Lib Dems if the convict digs his heels in and refuses to budge, despite the fact that he and his cabinet and assorted sycophants are now seen as electoral liabilities.

The red tops might learn a few lessons as well, but don't hold your breath!

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:And the Tory chairman was going to be sacked anyway. Nothing to see here. Very Happy

But it's a question of who else might follow his lead....

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:

But it's a question of who else might follow his lead....
If they're anything like 63, they'll go down with the ship, singing Rule Britannia. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
That’s a pathetic response pig. Rules were broken in many places so why is it a surprise that Westminster was any different? The lockdown was never justified in my opinion as I’ve said all along and has just created problems that didn’t need to be there. That said I have no argument that what went on in No10 was wrong, especially as they made the damn rules, but what sickens me most is this refusal to accept that many of those criticising broke the rules themselves. For your information piggy, the rules applied at least as much to the NHS as Whitehall but of course we should never criticise our darling NHS should we.
Do you work in the NHS and have any clue what actually went on other than what your Daughter might have said in hearsay? No thought not, so pipe down Norman Tebbitt.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:And the Tory chairman was going to be sacked anyway. Nothing to see here. Very Happy
Has there ever been a government in history that has got so many appointments wrong? I've seen some serious cabinet reshuffles and sackings in my time but I can't recall anything on the scale of this government's Trumpian revolving door.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:
Do you work in the NHS and have any clue what actually went on other than what your Daughter might have said in hearsay? No thought not, so pipe down Norman Tebbitt.
Ha ha, smashing reply piggy. You have no real answer so rather than accepting reality from people who were there, not just my daughter, you have to sneer. Whether it’s the NHS or any other organisation, people technically broke the rules whether you like it or not. I’m not defending what Boris and No10 did, just trying to add some perspective. 😊

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Ha ha, smashing reply piggy. You have no real answer so rather than accepting reality from people who were there, not just my daughter, you have to sneer. Whether it’s the NHS or any other organisation, people technically broke the rules whether you like it or not. I’m not defending what Boris and No10 did, just trying to add some perspective. 😊
Well if you want some perspective, I don't know of any NHS workers who attended at least 16 separate "events" where alcohol was involved like Boris did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum