Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Whitesince63
wessy
Hip Priest
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
okocha
wanderlust
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 19]

41How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 20 2022, 07:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:No surprise really. He's got away with it as I always said he would. Smug bastard is laughing at us all again tonight just as he has been doing while spouting his ridiculous unbelievable lies over the last few months. He knew he was lying, we all knew he was lying (and taking the piss at the same time) and he knew that we all knew he was lying.
How embarrassing is it that a total charlatan like Johnson is the Prime Minister of our country. Just how low can we go.
Totally agree, Hip. More worrying is that the Met have actually helped him escape.... wittingly or unwittingly. Doesn't  pass the smell test....

It can't be right that ordinary citizens have had far more draconian punishments for similar offences.

The Mail and Express are guilty of using their influence irresponsibly, as are those ministers who defend the indefensible, letting down their constituents and allowing law-breaking in high office to the shame of our country. Lying to the Queen and to parliament cannot be defended.

It is to be hoped that Sue Gray's report will be allowed to be frank

42How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 20 2022, 10:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A little bird told me that the Sue Gray report will be edited down to focus on the civil servants involved.

43How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 20 2022, 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now confirmed that Stanley Johnson has secured French citizenship.

44How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 20 2022, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris has painted himself into a right corner with his "fantastic" deal with the EU re Northern Ireland.
He promised continued trade with the EU and he promised a trade deal with the USA, but the way he's going he might end up with neither.

Nancy Pelosi speaks out...

45How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 20 2022, 14:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This article from "Conservative Home" made me laugh. It's entitled...

"The greased albino piglet slithers through the legs of the butchers – and runs oinking towards open country"

Classic Smile

46How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 20 2022, 22:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's a bit of a long article but well worth a read!

EXCLUSIVE: Partygate police 'investigated Boris Johnson at just TWO of the six events PM attended'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/partygate-police-probed-just-two-27013954?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

47How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri May 20 2022, 22:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:A little bird told me that the Sue Gray report will be edited down to focus on the civil servants involved.

But you told us Boris would tell her what to write in the first place - you know because she is his 'servant' (the clues in the name apparently)...

If you can be arsed this will explain what will likely be the content of her report - and why that will be.

Sue Gray investigation
https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/sue-gray-investigation

48How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 01:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:A little bird told me that the Sue Gray report will be edited down to focus on the civil servants involved.

I've never met your little bird Lusty but after seeing the Met ride to Boris's rescue it's obvious she knows what she's talking about. Expect several underlings to lose their jobs in the next few days and carry the can (as usual) for our whiter than white PM.

49How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 01:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

But you told us Boris would tell her what to write in the first place - you know because she is his 'servant' (the clues in the name apparently)...

If you can be arsed this will explain what will likely be the content of her report - and why that will be.

Sue Gray investigation
As the article says - she is not independent - and she is investigating her own boss.

It's hardly an objective position is it? And it is in no way relevant to what my little bird told me.

Still you are naive enough to believe that the Civil Service is somehow beyond reproach when in fact they are merely facilitators/mouthpieces for the incumbent powers that be.

Perhaps this will explain one of the elements of how things actually work to you?

50How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 08:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Sue Gray investigation
As the article says - she is not independent - and she is investigating her own boss.

It's hardly an objective position is it? And it is in no way relevant to what my little bird told me.

Still you are naive enough to believe that the Civil Service is somehow beyond reproach when in fact they are merely facilitators/mouthpieces for the incumbent powers that be.

Perhaps this will explain one of the elements of how things actually work to you?

Aren't you understanding any of what is going on?

1 - It was always known from the very start that she was reporting to the PM.

2 - However her 'boss' as you put it is in fact The Crown.  As a Civil Servant she is answerable to The Queen (as does Johnson) which in practice means she answers to Parliament (as does Johnson too).

3 - As for your link she's investigating the parties, six of which Johnson attended.  Of course she would need to speak to him about his involvement - and the subsequent Met involvement delaying her report being submitted thereafter - surely even to you that must been obvious - clearly it wasn't!

This meeting/s is reported to have been held AFTER she referred the SIX lockdown party's to the Met Police that Johnson attended and in which the Met Police issued Johnson with a Fixed Penalty Notice (or in simple terms a fine for breaking the lockdown law.

Do you really think Gray as a "servant" of Johnson (the clues in the tittle apparently...) and as a "mere facilitator/mouthpiece for the incumbent powers that be." would have sent a report that has led to the first serving Prime Minister being found GUILTY of breaking the law whilst in office and who could (and probably SHOULD) have been found GUILTY of up to a further FIVE more offences???

Don't you think that if Johnson/the Tory Party (for which Gray and the rest of the Civil Service merely "facilitate" and are a "mouthpiece" for) would have ensured that Johnson's name would have been KEPT OUT of the report to the Met (which remember was for a CRIMINAL investigation) completely????

And you seem to believe I'm the naïve one in all of this???

It seems clear that Johnson was fined for breaking the rules at his birthday party, that he almost certainly lied at Carrie's 'Winner Takes it All' party about "interviewing" one of her friends who attended in respect of a job - and thus implying he was 'working' at the time(!) and that the other four occasions (include the BYOB party) were not investigated in respect of him because the police lawyers would have told the Met that there was just enough of a grey area (no pun intended) that he was in his own residence and garden and thus had reason to be there at the time yet not be connected with the illegal parties going on.

Gray has clearly and demonstrably done her job 'honestly and 'interdependently' so far - otherwise Johnson, Carrie and Rishi wouldn't even have received the fines they have - so no mate, I'm not naive at all.

You however are clearly utterly bonkers if you believe half the guff you spout about how the system actually works and Sue Gray's part in it.

51How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 09:12

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

From today's BBC website: ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61531971 )

In a statement, Labour's deputy leader Angela Rayner said: "Boris Johnson must urgently explain why he held a secret meeting with Sue Gray to discuss her report despite claiming her investigation was completely independent. Public confidence in the process is already depleted, and people deserve to know the truth.

"This is a prime minister incapable of taking responsibility for the rotten culture he has created in Downing Street or of doing the decent thing.

"The Sue Gray report must be published in full and with all accompanying evidence."

An interim version of the report, published in January, did not name individuals but criticised "failures of leadership and judgement" and said some events should not have "been allowed to take place".

The prime minister meanwhile faces an inquiry by the Commons' Privileges Committee about whether he knowingly lied to Parliament when he previously told MPs that no laws had been broken in Downing Street.

Under government guidelines, ministers who knowingly mislead the House of Commons are expected to resign.

52How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 10:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Any reason why you deliberately omitted this part from the article which completely changes the context of the story?

The BBC understands that Ms Gray requested the meeting with Mr Johnson over a month ago "to clarify her intentions" for what would happen after the completion of the police inquiry.

Or to put it simply SHE TOLD him what SHE was putting in the report out of professional courtesy and not to be told by Boris what to put in or leave out of it!!!

53How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 10:23

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:Any reason why you deliberately omitted this part from the article which completely changes the context of the story?

The BBC understands that Ms Gray requested the meeting with Mr Johnson over a month ago "to clarify her intentions" for what would happen after the completion of the police inquiry.

Or to put it simply SHE TOLD him what SHE was putting in the report out of professional courtesy and not to be told by Boris what to put in or leave out of it!!!

One thing to be grateful for is that Okocha's no longer teaching kids. Or at least I hope he isn't.

54How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 15:30

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

55How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 16:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, so???

Did you not read this bit?

"But it is now understood that while Ms Gray sent the calendar invite for the meeting, the original idea for it came from Downing St.

In a conversation with a senior official in No 10, it was suggested to Ms Gray that she might offer an update on her work to the prime minister. She accepted that idea and sent the invite to ensure an appointment was put in both their diaries".

That means she had the power to REFUSE the idea too.

As I've said above she met him out of professional courtesy, nothing more than that...

Sluffy wrote:Or to put it simply SHE TOLD him what SHE was putting in the report out of professional courtesy and not to be told by Boris what to put in or leave out of it!!!

Christ, don't you understand that she's already given the Met Police enough evidence to issue a find to Johnson for BREAKING THE LAW in respect of lockdown - do you really think after that that she is frightened of him or in fear of her future career or something???

And although I'm not political in any way, isn't Labour's Rayner (the one whose banging on about this all the time it seems) the one who wasn't apparently at 'beergate' until it came out that she was???

What's that saying about stones and glasshouses?

LABOUR ANGE SLIP Labour lied about Angela Rayner being at Beergate bash because they’re ‘very busy’, party chiefs claim

"Amid mounting pressure on the cops to reopen their probe into Keir and Angie’s late night lager session - the under-fire leader said he took “full responsibility” but swore it was a mistake to fib to journalists about the guest list".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18433572/labour-lie-angela-rayner-beergate-busy/

56How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 16:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sue Gray denies instigating Boris meeting.

So who is lying? The trusty civil servant or the greased albino piglet?

57How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 21 2022, 16:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Sue Gray denies instigating Boris meeting.

So who is lying? The trusty civil servant or the greased albino piglet?

Eh???

Are you not understanding things again???

Let me do it Janet and John style for you...

1 - The BBC UNDERSTANDS that Sue Gray instigated the meeting.

2 - The BBC shortly after CLARIFIES that wasn't the case and the actual events was that it was suggested to Sue Gray by government officials that she might offer up an update to Johnson

3 - She accepts the offer to do so.

4 - It was simply and innocently the BBC who initially misreported - that's all - NO ONE LIED.

Your ability to reason is completely blinded and warped by your obvious hatred over all of this.

It really isn't too hard to follow at all if you hadn't already judged them all corrupt and guilty beforehand like you clearly have.

58How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 22 2022, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cost of Living gap between rich and poor now at it's highest since records began.

Risky Sunak signs off £500k for focus groups and polls. Taxpayer's money well spent on repairing his image?

Rail strike looms.

59How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 22 2022, 18:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There were rumours circulating a few weeks ago that Carrie had left Blojo - but the latest one is that she's fallen back  into the arms of multimillionaire Zac Goldsmith - one of her exes. Frying pan fire job.

Meanwhile the Metro is speculating about who the greased albino piglet's next scapegoat will be.

60How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 22 2022, 18:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:There were rumours circulating a few weeks ago that Carrie had left Blojo - but the latest one is that she's fallen back  into the arms of multimillionaire Zac Goldsmith - one of her exes. Frying pan fire job.

Meanwhile the Metro is speculating about who the greased albino piglet's next scapegoat will be.

Greased albino piglet - how old are you, you're behaving like a seven year old not a seventy year old for God's sake!

Anyway I've got to wonder what the hell Case was doing in all of this, he can't have had his eyes closed to it, so why didn't he act?

I speculated months ago with Troy that Case was in a difficult position in that although he is the most senior Civil Servant, he had little to no control or authority over Spads (the politically appointed Special Advisors such as Cummings and Lee Cain for instance).

I would have thought however that he would have been covering his back by writing to Johnson officially about the behaviour of the Spads and issuing instructions to Civil Servants reminding them of what is required from them both professionally and also in respect of working during Covid legislation.

It seems to me he didn't exude total authority in as such that one of his subordinates, Martin Reynolds was the person who sent the BYOB invite - which I would have thought Case should have taken action on, even issuing a warning or disciplinary to Reynolds in deemed necessary.

Of course Reynolds may have been acting on the instructions of Johnson, in which case if I were in Case's shoes, I would have confronted Johnson about it and put it in writing to him thereafter.

The point I'm getting to with all of this is that IF Case had acted as he should have done (and who is to say he didn't?) then he my very well have a smoking gun or two with all the records of his correspondence/memos he should have been sending out at the time, to bring Johnson down.

Case fwiw didn't receive a fine following the Met investigation, which suggests to me that he had enough nous to personally keep away from most of the worst goings on, which makes me wonder how he did actually handle the situations at the time - he clearly knew enough to know they were not the right things to be doing - hence he must have deliberately kept away from them.

I also speculated that it may be the case that Reynolds has some proof that the BYOB party was authorised/ordered by Johnson and thus he also could protect his position too.

Of course Case and Reynolds may just have gone along with it all believing in the scheme of things there were worst things happening and a drink or two after work (or at an impromptu birthday party) was a good way to thank the staff and help bond the team as the country was in lockdown and his absence from the events were tantamount to turning a blind eye to them perhaps?

I don't know what happened and will be interested to see Gray's report, particularly in this respect, but I know in Case's position I would have been covering my back at the time and I'd be utterly amazed if Case wasn't doing the same thing too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum