Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conor Bradley signs

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Conor Bradley signs  Empty Conor Bradley signs Tue Jun 21 2022, 15:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2Conor Bradley signs  Empty Re: Conor Bradley signs Tue Jun 21 2022, 16:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him, but I'm guessing he's not our midfield hard man.

3Conor Bradley signs  Empty Re: Conor Bradley signs Tue Jun 21 2022, 16:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fossey replacement. Despite the rumours…

4Conor Bradley signs  Empty Re: Conor Bradley signs Tue Jun 21 2022, 17:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quality on both wings now. All we need is a cure for our soft centre.

5Conor Bradley signs  Empty Re: Conor Bradley signs Wed Jun 22 2022, 08:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'I believe Conor is elite' - Ian Evatt predicts big things for new loan signing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ian Evatt believes “elite” signing Conor Bradley will prove a good bit of business for Wanderers despite his relative lack of first team experience.

The Northern Ireland international has signed a season-long loan from Liverpool and will link-up with the squad next week.

Bradley is just 18 and had been a top target for Evatt and Wanderers in January.

“Conor was our priority in January and it didn’t happen - but it’s going to happen now which is huge,” Evatt said. “Credit to where this football club is at, the work we’re doing on the pitch and Liverpool for identifying us as a club which will take care of Conor and make it happen.

“I believe Conor will be a fantastic player for us. A huge potential with top level potential and I’m excited to work with him.

“You don’t play for Liverpool unless you’re elite and I believe Conor is elite. Is he the finished article? No. He’s a young player that’s going to have ups and downs this season, but I believe he’s going to have a lot more ups than downs.”

Bradley has yet to play in the Premier League for Liverpool but has five senior appearances in cup competitions and the Champions League.

Evatt believes he will be comfortable playing League One football, with the Reds also able to keep regular tabs on his progress down the road.

“He has played a good few times for Liverpool now,” Evatt added. “He’s in the Northern Ireland full team, so it speaks volumes of what we’re getting into the building and what we think he can achieve with us.

“You don’t play for Liverpool in their current shape and form if you’re not exceptional and he’s an exceptional talent. Not only are we getting someone who I think is a really special player but I think it’s a huge marker for this football club as to where we’re at. The fact that Liverpool are choosing us for Conor’s development is a huge thing.”

Following James Trafford’s loan from Manchester City, Evatt believes Wanderers are gaining a good reputation with the local Premier League clubs once again.

Liverpool ran checks to make sure Bolton’s training standards were high and that the young defender would get everything he needed during his stay.

“We’ve become trustworthy, we’ve become a club that clearly knows and develops players and works on the four corners. We speak about the technical, tactical, physical and mental,” he said.

“It’s a huge thing for us that they’ve selected us and that’s down to our hard work behind the scenes - myself, the rest of the staff, Chris (Markham). We’ve had lots of conversations with Liverpool last season.

“Michael Edwards has even been to visit us and watch how we train and do things, which is a huge bonus for how we’re working. I’m delighted with it.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Conor Bradley signs  Empty Re: Conor Bradley signs Wed Jun 22 2022, 08:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp's view on 'really exciting' Conor Bradley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers have made Liverpool and Northern Ireland right-back Conor Bradley their third signing of the summer.

Bradley arrives at the UniBol on a season-long loan as the Whites aim to push for promotion to the Championship.

At just 18 years of age, the full-back has already made five first-team appearances for the Reds including a Champions League fixture against AC Milan.

He has also earned eight caps for Northern Ireland, having made his international debut in a friendly against Malta last summer.

Bradley was a top target for the Whites during the January window and Ian Evatt has finally got his man.

The youngster is highly-rated at Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp has been impressed with his development.

Speaking in December, the Reds chief told BBC Sport: “He’s a top boy, we love having him around.

“He’s a young talent and he has a lot of time to improve, but the level he has reached so far is already really impressive.

“He is part of a group of young players we have here that we are really excited about.”

Bradley will link up with the Bolton squad next week following their return from a week-long training camp in Portugal.

Wanderers have also re-signed James Trafford on loan from Manchester City and brought in former Cambridge full-back Jack Iredale this summer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum