Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Do we have strength in depth?

Do we have strength in depth?

+10
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wessy
terenceanne
Growler
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Biggie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 17:05

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
I agree with 63. Shocked I may need some therapy.

Good Lord Bonce, take two aspirin and lie down in a dark room 😵💫

22Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 17:08

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

???

I've not been nasty?

I've not been anything!

What are you two on about???

..dunno..

And if I'm right in what I say - and provided the facts to prove so, then which one of us is wanting to continue on the argument?

Not me!
Sluffy, you may not have been trying to be anything in your reply but to me it did come across as a bit off and had it been to anyone but Lusty, I don’t think you’d have replied so critically. Sorry, that’s just how it seemed to me and I didn’t mean to offend. 🥴

23Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 17:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:But you were wrong. I said teams in the top 6 (at the point we played them) and you changed it to "teams who had enough points to finish in the top 6 at the end of the season" simply to have a go at me and try - as always - to score points. I won't argue the point because it's not the point. The point is you only made the point-scoring point because it was me who made the original point at the point I first mentioned it.

Point made Smile

No you didn't - you are just making that up - this what you said...

wanderlust wrote:Form since January is misleading - we got found out by the top 6 teams since January and that is the level we need to achieve - and maybe if we get a quality CB and DM we can get there.

...absolutely NOTHING about "at the point we played them".

Seems absolutely clear that your intention was talking about the top 6 teams in the league - not any random team who happened to be in the top 6 because they'd played all the easy teams early in the season and thus accumulated most of their points by that point in the season when we played them.

ANYWAY although I strongly suspected you of once again trying to wriggle out of being seen to be wrong  (it is after all what you do ALL the time), I even wrote that I would humour you and provide the stats to INCLUDE these teams - which AGAIN showed your claim to be wrong.

I was not 'nasty', nobody disputes that the facts show that you were wrong in what you'd said - either way you wished to view it (top 6 teams at end of season, or top 6 teams when we played them).

You're the one who can't seem to let things go as evidenced in the utter  childishness of your post above.

(Funny how you aren't making such a big issue over your borderline racist post I pulled you up on...)

24Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 17:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn’t see anything in Sluffy’s post.

It’s getting rather tedious all this now and we really need to move on from it.

25Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 17:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

???

I've not been nasty?

I've not been anything!

What are you two on about???

..dunno..

And if I'm right in what I say - and provided the facts to prove so, then which one of us is wanting to continue on the argument?

Not me!
Sluffy, you may not have been trying to be anything in your reply but to me it did come across as a bit off and had it been to anyone but Lusty, I don’t think you’d have replied so critically. Sorry, that’s just how it seemed to me and I didn’t mean to offend. 🥴

You've not caused any offence - if I can put up with Wanderlust calling me a wanker recently, then being called 'nasty' is absolutely nothing to me!

No, I queered what you'd said because I'm not a nasty or vindictive person and simply couldn't understand why you somehow perceived me to be so?

And if you haven't noticed by now, I have a certain style of writing, and don't change it for anyone.

I'm not an emotional soul and tend to deal with facts and truths.

If you or anyone else had posted such clear and obvious rubbish (how can a true Bolton fan NOT remember our drubbing of Sunderland, our draw with Wigan and MJ's last minute equaliser with Sheff Wednesday???) then I would have posted exactly what I did.

The BIG difference though would be everyone else would have said something like - yeah I'd forgotten that, my bad' or something similar and NOT tried yet again to pretend he was not in anyway wrong!

Christ you even agreed with me that I was right and by implication that Wanderlust was wrong - yet here he still is a day later trying to pretend he wasn't - having to  tell an outright lie to do so(!!!) - and posting so childishly in order to carry things on!

Do you really think it is me ruining the site by posting a few facts???

Haven't you realised by now with all your dealings with Wanderlust on Brexit and the Tory government, etc, that he can never admit to being wrong?

That's how he is.

Look at things simply, he posted something that was obviously wrong, I posted the facts, he claimed I took what he said wrongly and meant teams in the top 6 when we played them, again I posted the facts that proved him still to be wrong, he then made out as I was on his back or something, to which in reply to you I said I wasn't, and now he's making out he's the victim here.

I simply pointed out the facts to show which ever way he wanted to define the top 6, that the results clearly contradicted his claim.

That was all.

26Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 17:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I didn’t see anything in Sluffy’s post.

Thanks Karly, there was absolutely nothing in my post/s.

It is extremely tedious and needs to be called out as you have done.

27Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 18:49

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Thanks Karly, there was absolutely nothing in my post/s.

It is extremely tedious and needs to be called out as you have done.
Then apologies Sluffy, I must be getting over sensitive in my old age!! 🥴 If the post seemed fine to KP then it must just be me. I know you’ve always been forthright in your posts and that’s your style and yes I do agree Lusty and I have failed to accept each other’s point on Brexit but I always try to respect others views even where I don’t agree with them and that’s how I’ve been with Lusty. Anyway, I think we’ve done this to death now so I’ll leave it there. 😉

28Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 19:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So to get back on topic, to get promoted, we need a better team than we had last season as we couldn't win against the better teams bearing in mind that Sunderland were actually lower down the table than us and were in freefall when we beat them. Having the same team as we had might not cut it - but the two new signings look like an upgrade so hopefully we're making progress in that direction.
Two more please Ian!

29Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Mon Jun 27 2022, 20:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:So to get back on topic, to get promoted, we need a better team than we had last season as we couldn't win against the better teams bearing in mind that Sunderland were actually lower down the table than us and were in freefall when we beat them. Having the same team as we had might not cut it - but the two new signings look like an upgrade so hopefully we're making progress in that direction.
Two more please Ian!

God you don't give up do you?

We played Sunderland on the the 29th January, which was 'matchday' 30.

At kickoff we were in 14th place and Sunderland in third (having won their previous game).

After the match we moved up to 13th in the table and they remained in third place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So no, they weren't lower down the table at the time than us, and no, they weren't in freefall when we beat them either!

Why do you always have to continually lie and make things up like you have done here instead of just saying you'd misremembered or made a simple mistake in the first place?

People are finally beginning to see you for how you actually are...

30Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 03:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

31Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 08:18

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yep 🥱

32Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 09:12

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:
Yep 🥱
Heartily agree! "The Lady doth protest too much, methinks." Just let it go.

33Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 09:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
Yep 🥱
Heartily agree! "The Lady doth protest too much, methinks." Just let it go.

karlypants wrote:I didn’t see anything in Sluffy’s post.

34Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 09:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If you are confident of your innocence, you shouldn't need to proclaim it to your audience.....just bask in the inner warmth of the knowledge of your righteousness....and smile to yourself, even if others see you as deluded.

35Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 10:05

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

okocha wrote:If you are confident of your innocence, you shouldn't need to proclaim it to your audience.....just bask in the inner warmth of the knowledge of your righteousness....and smile to yourself, even if others see you as deluded.
Professor Pointless has professed and we’re all in awe.
Yeah I know Okocha ain’t no Professor but he does seem to possess more than a smidgen of nuttiness and self aggrandising hauteur typical of the breed.

36Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 10:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:If you are confident of your innocence, you shouldn't need to proclaim it to your audience.....just bask in the inner warmth of the knowledge of your righteousness....and smile to yourself, even if others see you as deluded.

Confident of my own innocence....???

Yeah right...

What utter bullshit that is!

I try not to respond to fake accounts, that's why I posted what Karly had said - and Karly remember has left the site once already because of all the constant bullshit that's being going on for years now.

It is there in black and white for all to see.

I did nothing wrong.

Wanderlust has lied at least twice in what he posted, simply to carry all this on - yet again.

That's simply not normal behaviour even for someone on social media.

You posting as a fake account and stirring the shit up further unfortunately is normal social media behaviour from many who have nothing better to be doing with their time...

37Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 10:49

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

:trust:

Failing that, I'll revert to ignoring the posts of those who are have been abusive and objectionable from the start.....Bob, for example, has never recovered from being added to my "ignore" list, so there he will stay.

Quite how membership is expected to grow in conditions where nastiness is a regular occurrence from a couple of contributors, I don't know. A shame because there are so many who are interesting, decent and civil on here.

Last edited by okocha on Tue Jun 28 2022, 11:08; edited 1 time in total

38Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 11:01

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

okocha wrote::trust:
"Please Miss, that naughty boy called me names again."
"What did he call you?"
"He called me Professor, Miss"

39Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 11:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you all pack it in please?

40Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 11:49

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Can you all pack it in please?
Spoil sport!
I think Okocha could do with some Calpol and a lie down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum