Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Do we have strength in depth?

Do we have strength in depth?

+10
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wessy
terenceanne
Growler
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Biggie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 11:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Norpig wrote:Can you all pack it in please?
Spoil sport!
I think Okocha could do with some Calpol and a lie down.

I think you could all do with some Night Nurse!

42Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 11:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Can you all pack it in please?

We had!

Karly posted and that should have been the end to it.

Instead Wanderlust couldn't let it go and HAD to post what he did (the lie about Sunderland) to justify all his previous behaviour and then the Okocha account came to troll me as the account always does.

There really was no need at all to have continued this from Karly's post onwards.

43Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 12:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting like Lord of the Flies on here  Very Happy

44Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 12:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting back to the actual question, as others have already said we do need more cover at CB if we are playing a back 3. I would start with Jones, Santos and Iredale and have Johnston and Aimson as cover but not convinced by either of them yet so could do with at least one more.

We only have the young lad from Liverpool at RWB so would still need another i think.

Last edited by Norpig on Tue Jun 28 2022, 12:26; edited 1 time in total

45Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 12:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Getting back to the actual question, as others have already said we don need more cover at CB if we are playing a back 3. I would start with Jones, Santos and Iredale and have Johnston and Aimson as cover but not convinced by either of them yet so could do with at least one more.

We only have the young lad from Liverpool at RWB so would still need another i think.

The fact that Evatt had targeted the young centre back from Gillingham suggest he believes we do need extra cover in that position so it wouldn't surprise me if we did get one before the window shuts.

46Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 12:44

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It’s about footie is it? There’s me thinking it was all about Nuts and it being overrun by Lefties.

Two more days before the next accounts deadline. Will FV comply with the law or continue to stretch the rules like bubblegum?

47Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 16:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Getting like Lord of the Flies on here  Very Happy
Is that the one where they kill and eat Piggy? Smile

48Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 18:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Is that the one where they kill and eat Piggy? Smile
affraid

49Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Strength in depth? We haven't even got strength in the first 11.

We finished 9th with this squad. We don't appear to have signed anyone to improve things, and certainly no defensive midfielder which should have been a priority for the manager.

50Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 21:40

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Strength in depth? We haven't even got strength in the first 11.

We finished 9th with this squad. We don't appear to have signed anyone to improve things, and certainly no defensive midfielder which should have been a priority for the manager.

I love your optimism...

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

51Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 21:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I love your optimism...

I realise the majority of Bolton fans seem to think we'll be promoted by Christmas, which seems to be based on end of season results where we played no one, but I don't see it.

It seems the dark days of Wigan away, Stockport away and the 100 game losing street are forgotten.

We were battered too many times away from home, we had a soft centre, so a defensive midfielder should have been priority. Instead we seem to have settled for a couple of kids and a Cambridge defender no one had heard of.

52Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Tue Jun 28 2022, 22:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I sometimes think I've stepped into an episode of 'Please Sir!'.

53Do we have strength in depth?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have strength in depth? Wed Jun 29 2022, 00:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I realise the majority of Bolton fans seem to think we'll be promoted by Christmas, which seems to be based on end of season results where we played no one, but I don't see it.
It won't have been helped by tonight's Longridge game where apart from MJ who had a knock, the entire squad got minutes on the pitch and took them to pieces but there was no test for the defence whatsoever and that's the bit of the equation that needs to be sorted.

Perhaps if Evatt had accepted the challenge from Monaco instead of settling for Longridge he'd be more focussed on the job of getting in a quality CB and DM instead of letting the attacking players have a field day against amateurs.

Chorley will be a sterner test won't they Nat?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum