Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » What's happening with the B team?

What's happening with the B team?

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's happening with the B team? Empty What's happening with the B team? Thu Jul 07 2022, 17:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Despite all the signing and shuffling that's been going on, it seems very quiet on the B team front.
Are they having any pre-season games?
Are they any good?

I was sort of hoping that the B team would be an incubator to bring players through to compete for the first team, but so far I haven't heard anything about them other than Evatt's press release and a few signings. Even the official website hasn't got round to giving them a page yet.

Anybody know what's going on with them?

2What's happening with the B team? Empty Re: What's happening with the B team? Thu Jul 07 2022, 17:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Is there a B as such yet?

I've never really understood if it is a standalone team or a composite of a group signed for it specifically and supplemented from first team fringe players and/or the better youngsters from the academy.

If it is the former then the club hasn't announced enough new signings to make a team yet, if it is the latter the fringe squad players will be currently involved with first team training and the a kids with academy training.

I suspect those signed specifically for the B team are either training separately and/or simply tacked on to the the first team training as extras.

3What's happening with the B team? Empty Re: What's happening with the B team? Thu Jul 07 2022, 19:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Suspect they’ll field a B team against Atherton Collieries

4What's happening with the B team? Empty Re: What's happening with the B team? Thu Jul 07 2022, 23:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sithole, Stanley, Grivosti, Khumbeni, Sackey and Carty all signed.

Conway, Tweedey, Pettifer, Toure and Litherland all handed their first pro contracts.

That's pretty much a team right there - and that's without the regular squad fringe players and players coming back from injury who may get a game.

I'd love to see them play, especially the new signings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum