Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Radio Ulster - Ooops!

+2
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! Empty Radio Ulster - Ooops! Thu Nov 01 2012, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

An audio clip of a BBC Northern Ireland broadcaster being duped into reading out a joke about Jimmy Savile on air has gone viral on the internet.

Good Morning Ulster presenter Karen Patterson apologised during Friday’s show after falling victim to a prank text.

During a discussion about the late children’s television presenter — now at the centre of rape and sex abuse allegations — Ms Patterson read out a text billed as “an alternative view on the Jimmy Savile story”.

It said: “I wish everyone would stop criticising Jimmy Savile. He was a nice man. When I was eight he fixed it for me to milk a cow blind-folded.”

After the embarrassing blunder was brought to the BBC’s attention, the presenter immediately apologised.

She said: “I am very sorry if I have caused any offence, but apologies, it was a genuine mistake.”

A YouTube clip of the astonishing radio gaffe has now been heard more than 250,000 times. And, on Twitter, award winning comedian Ricky Gervais brought the clip to the attention of his 3.3m followers, urging them to listen to it.

“I promise this is the funniest thing you will hear today,” he told them.

“The apology is even funnier than the blunder.”

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/jimmy-savile-let-me-milk-cow-blindfolded-prank-text-bbc-radio-ulster-reporter-redfaced-ricky-gervais-in-stitches-16231035.html

2radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! Empty Re: Radio Ulster - Ooops! Thu Nov 01 2012, 23:17

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

lol!

3radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! Empty Re: Radio Ulster - Ooops! Thu Nov 01 2012, 23:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If only they read the Joke thread here on Bolton Nuts

aaron_bwfc wrote:All this stuff about Jimmy Saville is all nonsence, he once fixed it for me when I was 8 to milk a cow blindefolded.

radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! 3077217049

4radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! Empty Re: Radio Ulster - Ooops! Thu Nov 01 2012, 23:37

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hows about that then?

5radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! Empty Re: Radio Ulster - Ooops! Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Now then, now then, now then!

6radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! Empty Re: Radio Ulster - Ooops! Fri Nov 02 2012, 10:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BoltonTillIDie wrote:If only they read the Joke thread here on Bolton Nuts

aaron_bwfc wrote:All this stuff about Jimmy Saville is all nonsence, he once fixed it for me when I was 8 to milk a cow blindefolded.

radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! 3077217049

Whoever sent the text obviously reads my work. radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! 1415013262 radio - Radio Ulster - Ooops! 3920004554

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum