Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goal Music!?

+11
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
chris_bwfc
JonnyRandom
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Should we have goal celebration music?

Goal Music!? Vote_lcap35%Goal Music!? Vote_rcap 35% [ 7 ]
Goal Music!? Vote_lcap65%Goal Music!? Vote_rcap 65% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Goal Music!? Empty Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 13:20

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We had it under Big Sam (I Feel Good & other songs). Sammy Lee scrapped it. Coyle resurrected it (I Just Can't Get Enough). It seems to have been scrapped again!

Is goal celebration music the trademark of a little club or should we be using it to make a party atmosphere at the Reebok?

Personally, I think it can be good if the song is right. However, I think not using it can be good as well (You hear fans cheering goals rather than hearing cheesy music!)

-Also, off topic slightly, anyone know the names of the songs we play in the 10-15 minutes before kick-off? Cheers! Smile

2Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 14:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having goal celebration music is so cringe and tacky. No thank you! I'm also glad those two blokes who ran up and down with big flags have done one.. sadly they didn't take the awful drummers with them.

3Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I say we should have the goal scoring music, be we must gain the transfer, firstly, of the Crystal Palace cheerleaders so it can be done properly!

4Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've voted yes but pretty 50/50 on the subject, I like it but can see why people like Gonnawin find it cringeworthy. Depends what the music is IMO.

Also what is that shit we have played in the last 2 home games, something like ''we're gonna win, we're gonna win'' it's an aweful song.

5Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's just not my cup of tea. You could almost hear the opposition fans mocking us each time we scored and (I just can't get enough) was played. Embarrasing!

I doubt there are many songs that I would allow.

6Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:33

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lt. Boon wrote:
-Also, off topic slightly, anyone know the names of the songs we play in the 10-15 minutes before kick-off? Cheers! Smile

I've heard the instrumentals to enter sandman by Metallica before and Kiss played on saturday. Think it was crazy nights. They were the only ones I knew really

7Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:44

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:I've voted yes but pretty 50/50 on the subject, I like it but can see why people like Gonnawin find it cringeworthy. Depends what the music is IMO.

Also what is that shit we have played in the last 2 home games, something like ''we're gonna win, we're gonna win'' it's an aweful song.

It may be an awful song but each time we've gone in behind, this has been played and we came back and won!

8Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Dougie's plans involve a 4-5-1 with Kevin Davies, it won't be worth paying for the right to play goal music.

9Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doffcocker, if you mention Kevin Davies one more time I will hunt you down and kill you.

10Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:12

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:Doffcocker, if you mention Kevin Davies one more time I will hunt you down and kill you.
:yeahright:

11Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like The wanderers song. This would be choice ATM

12Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:29

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

What do you think of this I found whilst browsing at school [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:51

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

JonnyRandom wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:

I've heard the instrumentals to enter sandman by Metallica before and Kiss played on saturday. Think it was crazy nights. They were the only ones I knew really

Not what I was thinking. The song that I know the tune of, but just cannot think of the title or artist is that 90's/maybe early 00's club track we play about 5 mins before the players come out.

It's annoying knowing the tune but not the song title or artist!

14Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:56

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lt. Boon wrote:
JonnyRandom wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:

Not what I was thinking. The song that I know the tune of, but just cannot think of the title or artist is that 90's/maybe early 00's club track we play about 5 mins before the players come out.

It's annoying knowing the tune but not the song title or artist!

I'll keep me ears open tuesday!

15Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 18:41

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

JonnyRandom wrote:I'll keep me ears open tuesday!

Cheers buddy! :good:

16Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 19:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

anyone saying yes to this is taking the piss.

17Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 19:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they should have say 5 goal tunes so that they don't play the same one every time - even a decent tune will start to grate after a while. We could then differentiate between different types of goals and apply a bit of humour e.g.

a header could be...

a tap-in could be...

a screamer could be a loop of the verse of "Boom Boom, Shake the Room" without the crappy Will Smith rap

an own goal could be...

a penalty could be...

Answers on a postcard please.

They should also have an uplifting tune or two for when we concede - it would get us over the disappointment quicker and drown out the opposition fans celebrations. Needs to be something uplifting and perhaps with a bit of humour to show the bastards we aren't fazed.

18Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 19:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderlust - that is actually a brilliant idea. Ha

19Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 20:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I forgot to mention an ordinary well-worked goal that doesn't qualify as a screamer - a teamwork song. It would be a pisstake to play the "Boom" loop when somebody slots it home sidefoot. Others? Maybe.

20Goal Music!? Empty Re: Goal Music!? Sun Nov 04 2012, 23:00

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is quite an interesting question. I don't think clubs like Chelsea, united, arsenal, Liverpool, spurs, city, etc have it, it seems to be more of a smaller club thing. However it's popular in Germany and holland. Can't say I've seen it in Spain or Italy. I hated the 'I feel good' song playing but a cooler song maybe like the prodigy could be decent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum