Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you trust to tell the truth?

+2
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Wed Feb 01 2023, 11:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I believe that you are finally getting the point that I've been banging on for years, Bonce.

People are easily manipulated and their prejudices and biases easily exploited.

It's relatively easy to check out most things ourselves but people are either to lazy, to dumb or to stupid to do so and rather follow the crowd and rather be spoon fed utter bollocks as long as it fits in with their existing bias and emotional hatred.

22trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Wed Feb 01 2023, 12:10

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:For what it's worth, my own distrust of Anderson wasn't because of what he might be up to at our club, but his previous antics at Southampton.
My fears, though justified, turned out, thankfully, to have no substance with regard to BWFC.
But, let's not start on this again. Or I may be forced to bring Brucie back.
Without in any way suggesting that Ken Anderson was Snow White in trans clothing, I’d be interested in where you got your info about ‘his previous antics at Southampton’, Boncey. If it were the Grauniad or a South coast version of the Beeno, I’d tend to be a bit cautious misself.

23trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Wed Feb 01 2023, 12:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I believe that you are finally getting the point that I've been banging on for years, Bonce.

People are easily manipulated and their prejudices and biases easily exploited.

It's relatively easy to check out most things ourselves but people are either to lazy, to dumb or to stupid to do so and rather follow the crowd and rather be spoon fed utter bollocks as long as it fits in with their existing bias and emotional hatred.

I've always been aware of it. I've never seen Manchester Utd score a decent goal, and everything they've ever won has been a fluke.
Now, I know that isn't true, but it comforts me to believe it. As with Anderson, after his Southampton antics, I almost wanted him to be exposed as a fraud, but sometimes, when the jigsaw piece won't fit, banging it in with your fist doesn't help.
Same with politics. I have to fight myself to give someone on the other side any credit. I will, but it's a battle.

It's there in all of us. The trick is to understand what's going on, and guard against it.
Sadly, the social media devotees have let their guards down, and seem to be gathering a vast army of the gullible, ready, and willing, to march to glory.
Anyway, I have to go. I've just bought a bridge in Brooklyn.

And Bob, Southampton is long gone, but my sources were impeccable. Water under the Brooklyn Bridge now.

24trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 09:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

First of all Bonce, thank you for saying that Anderson did nothing wrong at BWFC - there's precious very few indeed who will admit to being wrong about Anderson even now!

Secondly I'm not rehashing the Anderson years again, I've simply used it as an example relevant to BTID, as I've also mentioned above about PPE/Tory sleaze and Sue Gray/what public servants do/don't do, which I don't recall BTID having taken a particular stand on.

As for bringing Brucie back, did you ever let him go away...?
It was only thanks to you, Sluffy, that it was ever possible to discuss the Anderson years rationally on Nuts and it was in an environment that was extremely hostile.

It’s still the case that precious few Bolton fans have any reasonable understanding of what happened and why and still the case that Iles will look for any excuse to stir the pot as often as he may be allowed.

I’m not sure that I could go so far as to say that Anderson never did anything wrong but he was in a very precarious position, in effect, acting as an administrator without any of the legal protections or the remuneration that administrators enjoy.

For me Ken Anderson is just one of the dramatis personae in a bigger story, very little of which has ever been told.

25trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 11:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't remember any rational discussions on Nuts. It was usually two or three blokes trying to prove who was the most intelligent.

26trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 12:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't remember any rational discussions on Nuts. It was usually two or three blokes trying to prove who was the most intelligent.
I don't come here for rational discussions. Anyone notice?

27trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 12:48

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I don't come here for rational discussions. Anyone notice?
Recollections may vary, Boncey, but if I may say so without disappointing you, yours has always been one of the more rational voices on Nuts even if I wouldn’t always see things in the same light.

28trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 12:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't remember any rational discussions on Nuts. It was usually two or three blokes trying to prove who was the most intelligent.

It was never about intelligence to me, it was more about one or two of us having personal knowledge and experience relevant to the debate, standing up to the tidal wave of ignorance, anger and prejudice of people wanting something to be true, which clearly wasn't.

I didn't find it pleasant at times, and have not done so also on a number of other topics on here over the years but based on my professional career of many years, with the experience and training that came with it, and that I knew the legal position and enough relevant facts, that the overwhelming majority's view was simply incorrect - and based almost entirely on nothing more than following social media influencers (who had their own agendas) such as Iles, the ST (who were Team Holdsworth) and Wheater (the players strike leader) for instance.

As I detailed above, I explained what actually was going on at the time, provided links so people could see this for themselves but these 'facts' didn't fit with the story that people wanted to believe - and were ignored.

Wanderlust was the lead 'influencer' on Nuts (he claimed to be a Business Consultant - yeah right...) and people on here chose to believe his bollocks (remember the £164m he claimed Anderson had taken from the club for instance!) and his bullshit helped baffle whatever intelligence the rest of you have - simply because you wanted it to be true and couldn't be bothered to view the actual facts of the matter that I had linked you to!

That in a microcosm is what this thread is about - how people believe what they see and read on social media, without bothering to check for themselves if it is true or not.

29trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 13:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Recollections may vary, Boncey, but if I may say so without disappointing you, yours has always been one of the more rational voices on Nuts even if I wouldn’t always see things in the same light.
Many thanks. But I've been a big disappointment. Crying or Very sad

trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Whacko-headmaster-caning

30trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 13:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:but if I may say so, yours has always been one of the more rational voices on Nuts

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

31trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Thu Feb 02 2023, 13:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I don't see what's funny about that. scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum