Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.

+10
Sgt. Bash
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
xmiles
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers have signed midfielder Jacob Butterfield on a one-month loan from Norwich City.

2Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

WANDERERS have snapped up Norwich City utility man Jacob Butterfield on a one month loan.
The 22-year-old England Under-21 international has not yet played a league game for the Canaries after sustaining a knee ligament injury last December but has recently turned out against Doncaster Rovers and Tottenham in the Capital One Cup.

Butterfield cut his teeth at Barnsley before making the move to the Premier League over the summer and was the Yorkshire club's youngest-ever captain.

He can play as a defender or in midfield, and will be eligible for tomorrow's game against Blackpool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a surprise......we play blackpool tomorrow.

3Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jacob butterfield! What the, who the?

4Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well at least he might get a game under Dougie. If Coyle had signed him he wouldn't even have had a chance to warm the bench.

5Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Two games in for Freedman.

Pratley has played both. Spearing has played neither. Now, he's gone out and brought in another midfielder.

He's reminding me of Megson, somehow.

6Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me 2, the similarities are endless.

:wtf2:

7Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:43

He wasn't wrong when he said Lennie Lawrence would be our best signing.

8Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a bloody goalscorer! Kenwyne jones would bang them in, in this league..

9Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 17:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, a goal scorer would be nice, but I am sure he's seen something missing which this guy can hopefully provide...In Dougie we trust!

10Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 17:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

BTID, my sentiments ( at the moment). This reference to the Ginger Whinger doesn't seem relevant to me. the guy is finding his feet, and lets be honest, we haven't the best midfield in the world. We called for changes and query it when it happens.

11Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 17:59

He hasn't played a minute of first team football for 11 month due to a knee injury. Couldn't even get in the Norwich squad.

12Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't know the player but it seems a sensible move to me. I've said a number of times that Coyle left us so desperately short of centre midfielders (which I believe Butterfield is) and that we need a leader on the field - clearly the likes of Kevin Davies and Knight don't inspire anyone!

I believe Butterfield was the captain at his previous club Barnsley at a very young age, so I'm guessing he has maturity and leadership qualities that we so desperately lack!

It would be good to strengthen other parts of the team too but I guess what money we have can only stretch so far.

A one month loan deal - not the end of the world if it fails and a good chance of an extension if it works.

Seems a decent move for all concerned to my way of thinking.

13Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
The 22-year-old England Under-21 international has not yet played a league game for the Canaries after sustaining a knee ligament injury last December but has recently turned out against Doncaster Rovers and Tottenham in the Capital One Cup.

Never heard of him. His lack of games at Norwich doesn't fill me with confidence.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Nov 08 2012, 22:35; edited 1 time in total

14Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:22

Good signing, he was quality for Barnsley before his injury.

15Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Fellas, we just gotta suck it and see. Better than watching the team stand still or go backwards all the time. Sluffy makes a very good point in that we need a 'Midfield General' who can make things happen, coz it bloody well ain't happening now !

16Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:35

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We're now loaning Norwich City fringe players! The mighty Bolton Wanderers of the 00's really has well and truly fallen....

That said, I'll give the lad a chance, same as everyone else.

17Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:37

Lt. Boon wrote:We're now loaning Norwich City fringe players! The mighty Bolton Wanderers of the 00's really has well and truly fallen....

He's only a 'fringe' player because of his injury, they're loaning him out to get some match fitness I'd assume.

Think we have to be realistic, we're not above taking premier league players on loan.

18Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:41

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Think we have to be realistic, we're not above taking premier league players on loan.

Zat Knight was once considered a Premier League player. Not to mention Ali Dia again. Point is, being classed as a Premier League players doesn't automatically mean they're good or going to do well for us in the Championship. As I said though, I'll give the lad a chance. He could be amazing!

19Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 19:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If only for a month if we can get him back to full fitness and get him to how he used to play for Barnsely that I think he will surprise a few fans.

Championship sides have often loaned premier league teams players for a month to get them back to full fitness I don't see the problem.

20Whites SWOOP for Butterfield.  Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Butterfield. Thu Nov 08 2012, 19:23

Lt. Boon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Think we have to be realistic, we're not above taking premier league players on loan.

Zat Knight was once considered a Premier League player. Not to mention Ali Dia again. Point is, being classed as a Premier League players doesn't automatically mean they're good or going to do well for us in the Championship. As I said though, I'll give the lad a chance. He could be amazing!

Never said it did, my point was that the fact he's a norwich 'fringe' player doesn't automatically mean he's shit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum