Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackpool 4-1 Bolton

+5
Norpig
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Cajunboy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21bolton - Blackpool 4-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:34 pm

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The difference in tariff only applies when the referee awards a penalty. 
If the player is genuinely trying to play the ball and tackle is not deemed dangerous, then a yellow card should apply.
The double jeopardy aspect was introduced, I think, a couple of years ago to acknowledge that to give both a penalty and sending off off was too harsh. 
It’s all in law 12. 
And, yes, you are completely right that a referee at this level, and indeed several levels below should be fully aware of that rule.

22bolton - Blackpool 4-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:42 pm

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

A couple, more thoughts. Possibly the referee did know the law, but thought the tackle was dangerous.  I suppose that is a matter of opinion, although to my mind, Santos was certainly going for the ball, didn’t look out of control and it didn’t appear to be a high tackle. Or, the referee didn’t know if the rule change.

23bolton - Blackpool 4-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:54 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:A couple, more thoughts. Possibly the referee did know the law, but thought the tackle was dangerous.  I suppose that is a matter of opinion, although to my mind, Santos was certainly going for the ball, didn’t look out of control and it didn’t appear to be a high tackle. Or, the referee didn’t know if the rule change.

It makes no odds now, even if Santos had stayed on, they had a penalty and scored it to go 3-1 up - and we weren't coming back from there.

It wasn't a nasty tackle, he was clearly attempting to get to the ball first (in fact it reminded me of how I used to defend many years ago), so maybe the ref simply made a mistake - no ones perfect.

Do the linesmen have radio to the ref at our level, as if so you would have thought one of them (and the fourth official) would have reminded him of the law?

Anyway it is all behind us - full focus on Wigan now.

24bolton - Blackpool 4-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:23 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haven’t seen the news that it has been overturned, where are you getting this from?

25bolton - Blackpool 4-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Haven’t seen the news that it has been overturned, where are you getting this from?

Barry is ITK about these things.

Now confirmed officially.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum