Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers Women Team

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Bolton Wanderers Women Team Fri Mar 08 2024, 13:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems FV must read what I say on here...

Sluffy wrote:Let's be honest, we are a club that hasn't even got around to treating women equally yet, in that we haven't got a ladies team - and we are already nearly a quarter way through the 21st century!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coincidence or not the club is announcing we are going to finally have a ladies team.

Bolton Wanderers are proud to announce that Bolton Wanderers Women’s First Team are to be fully integrated into club operations as part of long-term plans to expand support for the women’s game in Bolton.

The strategic move will see day-to-day operations of the Women’s First Team move out of Bolton Wanderers in the Community and incorporated into the club from the start of the 2024/25 season.

The aim is to increase the visibility of the players, staff and the Women’s playing schedule, improve infrastructure around the team and increase investment via commercial sponsorships and matchday revenue.

Sharon Brittan, Chairman of Bolton Wanderers said: “This is a huge moment for us as a club and on International Women’s Day, we are so proud to share this news with our supporters.

“We are one club, one community and one town and today’s announcement is a clear statement of our intent to give women’s football in Bolton the platform and support it deserves to progress and professionalise.

“With many incredible female staff members already working at the centre of our club operations, I am delighted this new move will see even more inspiring and ambitious women welcomed into the very heart of Bolton Wanderers.

“This process will be led by our CEO, Neil Hart, and the staff and team have my full support. I look forward to following their progress in the months and years ahead.”

Neil Hart, Chief Executive Officer at Bolton Wanderers said: “The integration of the Women’s First Team has been a goal for Bolton Wanderers for a number of years and we are thrilled to be in the position to now announce this exciting development in our club operations.

“We are full of ambition for the team and very serious in our intent to take Bolton Wanderers Women to the next level. Our aim is to semi-professionalise the squad and to deliver pragmatic progress over the coming years.

“For too long the Women’s team has been run outside of club operations and this will now change. We would also like to confirm our full support for the Girls' Youth Development Squads which will continue to be operated by Bolton Wanderers in the Community.

“I would like to thank the BWitC team for their sterling work over recent years, including Phil Mason, Ben Lawton and Carl Halliwell who have dedicated so much to the Women’s team and worked incredibly hard to support the journey so far.

“We now look forward to taking this significant step forward, side by side with Bolton Wanderers Women and all our partners.”

Further updates on the integration of Bolton Wanderers Women into club operations will be delivered in due course.

2bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Women Team Fri Mar 08 2024, 19:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did think of you when I read this article 🤓
Yes, maybe they do read the articles here. I wonder which account is Sharon’s?

3bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Women Team Fri Mar 08 2024, 22:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I did think of you when I read this article 🤓
Yes, maybe they do read the articles here.  I wonder which account is Sharon’s?

I fully expected you would...

Decent of you to admit to it though.

I don't seriously believe that the club has done this because little old me raised the point some days back - and I really don't believe the club monitors forums like ours and if they did it would be someone from the communications office - I was only saying what I did as a bit of a joke really.

I did think though that maybe when the women's team is up and running, perhaps we should set up a separate section on the forum for them, similar to how we have one for the Development Squad.

It will be interesting to see what sort of response they will receive and crowds they attract?

I keep trying to watch women's football but I just find it to be rubbish.

I'm sorry, I'm not a misogynist or anything, I have a daughter and in her school years she played football in 'games' lessons (oh look, 'football' link directly to the word 'games', well I never!) and I'm happy for any women or girl to partake in the sport but they simply aren't as strong or powerful as men - that's not me being sexist, it simply is a fact - and this fact is recognised in other sports - women's 'tees' in golf, reduced size boundaries in cricket - three sets instead of five in tennis, etc.

Simply reducing the size of the goals and pitch would make games more competitive imo - and therefore more interesting and exciting.

The sport has been completely over-hyped - such a massive song and dance after winning the European Cup (or whatever it is called) then all that hosting the world cup fever and now we can't even get qualification to this years Olympics - it didn't surprise me.

I'm sure the women are doing their best but watching some of the highlights of the WSL (or again whatever it is called) some of the defending and general reading of the game is just comical - and these are players in the top tier of our league!!!

I'm sure the crowd will be there made up of their friends and family - and it IS right to have a women's team but I can't see the Reebok being sold out anytime soon (unless the tickets are given away free or massively discounted).

Anyway what do I know...?

Well I knew -
1 - Football is just a game.
2 - BWFC didn't have a women's team
3 - .....

Very Happy

4bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Women Team Sat Mar 09 2024, 00:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m sure many people can help you with No. 3 Sluffy Very Happy

5bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Women Team Sat Mar 09 2024, 09:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:1 - Football is just a game.
3 - .....

Very Happy

1 - Wrong (It's more than a game) Smile
2 - Correct (we did have a team using the Bolton Wanderers name though)

6bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Women Team Sat Mar 09 2024, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Sluffy wrote:1 - Football is just a game.
3 - .....

Very Happy

1 - Wrong (It's more than a game) Smile
2 - Correct (we did have a team using the Bolton Wanderers name though)

Score - 1/2

Comments - Young Master Till I Die has difficulty in understanding that in applying his emotions to objects, actions or beliefs do not alter them from what they are.  Till I Die may make them special and differentiate them in his eyes but it doesn't actually change them in anyway from what they really are into his perception of how he now views them to be.

Similarly his perception (and emotions) may well change of these objects, actions or beliefs over time, whilst they remain constant throughout.

Master Till I Die likes to challenge the regulator on this site, which is always a good sign of an independent mind, and is welcomed behaviour.

However he does not like to be shown to be wrong and has on occasions taken things a little bit too personally.

7bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Women Team Sat Mar 09 2024, 13:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

8bolton - Bolton Wanderers Women Team Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Women Team Sat Mar 09 2024, 16:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus Christ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum