Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+32
jayjay23
mark leach
Leeds_Trotter
doffcocker
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
inf
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Barryjw
Norpig
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
JonnyRandom
observer
xmiles
Dunkels King
Sluffy
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
wanderlust
36 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1January transfer window Empty January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 17:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still not sure what DF has in mind. First there was talk about "experienced players in this league" then there was talk about "young prospects from the lower leagues" or words to that effect.

What does seem certain is that he's keen to sign a couple, but I'm struggling to think of potentially good acquisitions. Also think he hasn't got money to spend unless he sells - but i can't see him getting much in.

Add to that returning loanees and I'm wondering who he could cash in on anyway.

So far, he hasn't exactly made sweeping changes from the OC selections or given the likes of Wylde a run out so I don't think youngsters would have much impact although there are a few unproven prospects in the lower leagues who potentially could.

So who could we buy for peanuts that would actually make a difference?

And which way do you think DF will go - kids or has-beens?

2January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 18:06

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whatever Dougie decides, I hope it involves at least 2 new defenders. Sort the defence out, conceed less goals and win more games. Then use the summer window to do the real work on the squad for (hopefully) a 2013/14 promotion push.

3January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 18:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think he will be hoping for a new defender and a striker, I can see Lee being sold in January for some reason.

Sordell perhaps being shipped out on loan with a view to a permenant deal because it obviously isn't going to work out for the lad here.

4January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd like to see Adebayo Akinfenwa given a chance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he'll bring Warnock back, buy or loan 1 or 2 CB's. And bid for a proven goalscorer in this league, I'm thinking Murray or bechio..

Get rid of sordell on loan. Try sell pratley and eaves.

6January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote: And bid for a proven goalscorer in this league, I'm thinking Murray or bechio..

You're dreaming. We couldn't afford them, and even if we could they wouldn't come.

7January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They might if they have a sketchy contract situation, i don't know about the contract situation of becchio but Leeds just got taken over so they're not likely to need to sell.

8January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've read, Dougie is looking to recruit a right back, a left back, a central defender and a defensive midfielder.

9January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One player we could potentially steal is David McGoldrick from Forest. Very good player and is banging them in at Coventry this season.

10January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote: And bid for a proven goalscorer in this league, I'm thinking Murray or bechio..

You're dreaming. We couldn't afford them, and even if we could they wouldn't come.

Murray is available for 1-2 million.

If we are so desperate to return to the top flight then I'm sure we could stretch to that. If we offered 1.5 then they'd accept, they won't get more for a 29 year old who has never played at the highest level

11January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 19:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Murray is available for 1-2 million.

If we are so desperate to return to the top flight then I'm sure we could stretch to that. If we offered 1.5 then they'd accept, they won't get more for a 29 year old who has never played at the highest level

There'll be better clubs than us in the queue if what you say is true. £2m is a bargain if you get two good seasons out of him. You need to lower your sights.

12January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 20:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why do you feel that akinfenwa deserves a chance and why do you feel that by showing us a top less photo of him that would help your case?

13January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's scored a bagful of goals at lower levels, is strong and powerful, and is only 30.

Available for £150k and a bag of grapes.

14January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 20:20

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd like to see Adebayo Akinfenwa given a chance.

When he relaxes and breaths out he doesn't look so good.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

15January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's not the same person. Insensitive.

16January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 20:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have our own strong and powerful striker who's scores bagfuls of goals at lower levels already. (eaves)

17January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 20:33

Natasha Whittam wrote:That's not the same person. Insensitive.

I typed Adebayor Akinfenwa into google and that is the first image that came up.

18January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Dec 30 2012, 21:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Much too muscle bound to be a success at the top level in football. When the lactic acid starts kicking in most skilful players worth their salt would rip him a new A hole.

19January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Dec 31 2012, 04:13

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It would be nice if we signed a big player, but he's not exactly what I had in mind...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20January transfer window Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Dec 31 2012, 08:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Much too muscle bound to be a success at the top level in football. When the lactic acid starts kicking in most skilful players worth their salt would rip him a new A hole.

Except our premier league defenders, he bagged a brace at the reebok didnt he when that world powerhouse of football - northampton town visited and knocked us out the fa cup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum