Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Palace fans current view of Dougie and Bolton Wanderers.

+2
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ok, so I have a mate who lives in London and is a Palace fan. With the Palace-Bolton game coming up this month, he emailed me this:

I now have to ask your views on Dougie Freedman? Is he the Bolton saviour?

To which I replied:

I have no idea! Not a lot has changed tbh, the players we have are just not up to the task at all. Hopefully Dougie can get a few new faces in during the January window and *maybe* push for a top half finish. Looks like he'll need the summer window to sort all the problems though, and make this team his own. 2014 is now the earliest we can hope for a promotion push. Which might not be a bad thing as the players we have now would struggle even worse in the Prem than they did last season.

I thought that sounded better than: Dougie has done naff all!

He replied:

you should get a job with the Bolton PR department for that response!! nothing against Bolton but we cheer every defeat down here! He also has a song

'What have you done, what have you done, Oh Dougie Freedman what have you done'

after not taking you guys much further forward!!!!

My latest reply to him:

I wouldn't gloat just yet... Nigel Adkins left Championship Scunthorpe for League 1 Southampton, people called him mad. Look how things turned out there. Not saying Palace will be relegated to league 1, your new manager is far too good for that. However, we're still the most likely to get promoted to the Premier League in the long run. Especially once Dougie ships out some of Coyles dud players and gets his own men in.

I've never had anything against Palace personally, but if your fans are taking the Burnley approch to ex-manager bitterness, the atmospere for our future fixtures should be fun.

I might be clutching a straws a bit with the Adkins comparison!

Anyway, the point is that Palace fans are still a little bitter about Dougie and are loving our current troubles. I really hope we fuck them over on January 19th. If we don't and they go up, I'll never hear the end of it!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think your mate will be smiling a lot more than we are after the 90 minutes is up.

Hope I'm wrong though!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they'll beat us, but we will have the last laugh.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think we'll beat them and have the last laugh to boot!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the imminent return of Holden and Vela and the prospect of new signings I think we could become a force again. Whether or not the team will gel in time remains to be seen, but I like the approach that DF is taking to transfers given the available budget - I'm glad there's no sign of chasing the bleedin' obvious at inflated prices. Suspect LL has used his extensive contacts and influence to source the prospective signings.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:With the imminent return of Holden and Vela and the prospect of new signings I think we could become a force again. Whether or not the team will gel in time remains to be seen, but I like the approach that DF is taking to transfers given the available budget - I'm glad there's no sign of chasing the bleedin' obvious at inflated prices. Suspect LL has used his extensive contacts and influence to source the prospective signings.
It's also nice not to wait until the bewitching hour of 11:59pm on the last day to make these deals. You always have to be suspect of late deals and our track record since BSA has been abysmal at best. Let's hope Dougie finds talent like he did at Palace. And yes... the team has not gelled in two years... since the Holden and Lee injuries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum