Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof!

+10
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Jan 21 2013, 22:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this!

The Tweenies is a kids TV programme aimed at 4 year olds or thereabouts and has been around for a dozen years or so.

The other day the BBC played a repeat from 2001 in which one of the Tweeny characters appeared dressed as Savile and used his catchphrase: "Now then, guys and gals."

Ok, someone obviously never realised that this bit was in the episode and yes, it would have been better if it had not been shown but the kids watching the telly wouldn't have had a clue about Savile or what he had done - yet over 200 people have gone out of their way to make a complaint to the BBC - have they nothing better to do with their lives? Do they think they can get some money out of it or something?

I find it all a bit funny really but maybe that's just me.

Full story on link below.

Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! _65396907_tweenies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21108337

2Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Jan 21 2013, 22:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I trust that the mods will step in.

3Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Jan 21 2013, 22:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Tue Jan 22 2013, 00:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I trust that the mods will step in.

::rules:: :agree:

5Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Tue Jan 22 2013, 07:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I imagine it's 200 Hipster types who complained.

6Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Tue Jan 22 2013, 08:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I read that last night and I still cannot believe that 216 people moaned to the BBC about a children's programme aimed at pre-schoolers for which they will know nothing about Jimmy Savile or what he did - this just seems to be a case of hysteria by a complete minority.

7Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Tue Jan 22 2013, 10:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It's funny on one side and pathetic on the other.

8Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Tue Jan 22 2013, 12:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Oh the irony of showing a childrens character dressed up as jimmy saville.

I must admit I laughed when I saw it but how stupid are the bbc/cbbc to put the episode on, you would have thought that episode would have been destroyed a while back. No doubt someone was playing a joke to see how people would react.

9Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Tue Jan 22 2013, 19:09

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think some people have missed the point here. I think they key thing to think about is whether the people putting out the show knew about Saville's involvement with kids in a negative way - and if they did and they put this together as a sick joke then it's a problem. But the more likely thing is that 12 years ago when it was made Saville was still the charity giving, child loving (in the way allowed by law) good guy.

And now, I realise, I have missed the point. I see it was aired again recently. Perhaps it is poor taste. But it is easy to imagine that when scheduling re-runs of programmes the person doing it doesn't sit there re watching every episode to check for malicious content that wasn't malicious 12 years ago.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Apr 09 2018, 11:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can call Jimmy Savile all you like,but when I was 8 he fixed it for me to milk a cow blindfolded in his dressing room. What a guy.

11Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Apr 09 2018, 11:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:You can call Jimmy Savile all you like,but when I was 8 he fixed it for me to milk a cow blindfolded in his dressing room. What a guy.

Laughing

12Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You must be bored today Boncey, how long did it take you to find that old thread?  Very Happy

13Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:You must be bored today Boncey, how long did it take you to find that old thread?  Very Happy
More to the point, WHY?.

14Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was something in the paper the other day apparently about Peter Kay making some jokes regarding Jimmy Saville when he turned up for the screening of the Car Share in Blackpool.

15Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Empty Re: Tweenies Jimmy Savile spoof! Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like Johnny,I like trawling through the old threads. (When I have the time). And,having found something that made me laugh,it was the best place to post it.
Scott and his change of forum name is one of the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum