Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pictures of Burnden Park

+12
paddybwfc
rammywhite
Tigermin
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 00:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

RIP.

2Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 00:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never got to visit burnden.

Can see why it was demolished (no disrespect)

3Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 02:31

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

These pictures make me sick....

Seriously. .

4Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 08:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Never got to visit burnden.

You bellend. It had ten times the character and atmosphere of The Reebok.

Nothing beats a midweek game at Burnden under the lights.

5Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:04

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This used to be my playground.
so many tears so much joy.

6Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Brings back happy memories of a more atmospheric era at the club!

BTW who remembers what was in the building before Asda?

7Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It was Big W iirc.

8Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was - Woolworth's Big W - basically their last throw at the dice before their fast decline into administration! Suffice to say it failed, sadly.

9Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:48

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who remembers The Happy Wanderer?

10Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good pictures. It might have been a dump but it was OUR dump.

11Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:57

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I had some of the best days of my life at Burnden Park.

People who never got the chance to go there really did miss out.

Great photos.

12Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 10:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

This photo brings back memories. It's the team from 1978 that got us back in the 1st Division. Some big names in that squad. Tonny Dunne, Paul Jones, Roy Greaves, Peter Reid, Frank Worthington, Jim McDonagh, Big Sam, Peter Nicholson, Neil Whatmore.

The team were all sponsored by Lada and every player had one. The one in the photo was Tony Dunne's.

13Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 10:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a location , I wish we was still their.

I would be drinking in town till about two, then walk down nice and merry.

Instead of driving to fucking Horwich.

14Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 11:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

15Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 11:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[quote="Reebok Trotter"]
Sluffy wrote:

Time for a memory lane teaser. I can't see Willie Morgan in the photo and I'm struggling to recognise the player sat on the bonnet with both feet off the ground. I thought the other player sat on the bonnet with one foot off the ground was Neil Whatmore but now I'm not so sure.

The PORG between Worthy and Big Sam looks like Ray Train. Anyone know who is the furthest player on the right?

16Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 11:42

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I had some of the best days of my life at Burnden Park.

People who never got the chance to go there really did miss out.

Great photos.

Hear Hear,bloody great times on the Lever End and before they effed up the Railway End !!!! Highlights at Burnden ?? John Byrom hat trick against Luton,3-3 draw with Newcastle in the cup,Everton in the League Cup with 50 odd thousand crammed in,happy happy days !!!

17Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 12:20

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A brilliant dump- especially for mid week matches when the game would finish at about 9.20 and you could be in the Trotters at the bottom of Bradshawgate for the last hour. Now its about 10.30 before you get away from the ground if you're driving.I stood on the railway end under the scoreboard with two foot high steps made from slabs of concrete for years
Best memory- beating United in the season (I forget which) when they got relegated.

18Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 13:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Never got to visit burnden.

You bellend. It had ten times the character and atmosphere of The Reebok.

Nothing beats a midweek game at Burnden under the lights.

You have an obsession with me

19Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sat Mar 09 2013, 13:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:A brilliant dump- especially for mid week matches when the game would finish at about 9.20 and you could be in the Trotters at the bottom of Bradshawgate for the last hour. Now its about 10.30 before you get away from the ground if you're driving.I stood on the railway end under the scoreboard with two foot high steps made from slabs of concrete for years
Best memory- beating United in the season (I forget which) when they got relegated.

It was the 74/75 season. United got relegated with 42 points. We kicked their arses 3-0 at Old Trafford and beat them 1-0 at Burnden Park.

20Pictures of Burnden Park Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sun Mar 10 2013, 16:17

paddybwfc

paddybwfc
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Gary Jones sat on the car Terry Poole far right united did the double over us the year they were relegated we did the double over them the year we were promoted, now that was a night to remember worthington double at the theatre of shit good times. The first buidling on the embankment was the nomid sing when were shoping we only sing when were shoping

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum