Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smart Phones

+16
y2johnny
Norpig
Kane57
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Keegan
gloswhite
Mr Magoo
mark leach
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Smart Phones Empty Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:04

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have never bothered getting a smart phone for one reason and another. For the past 7 years I have had 2 trusty Nokia's and before that I had a sony for 2 years.

In a few weeks the Samsung s4 comes out and I intend to purchase and I am quite excited. I don't want to sound like a mobile phone salesman but the phone looks incredible and the specs blow most other smart phones out of the water.

The reason for this thread is to get some feedback on using this forum on your travels. I only use this site when at work or at home on my laptop.

So... is it user friendly on your phone, what is the speed like (ignoring todays problems) and is there any differences between using this site on your laptop and phone?

When I do get this phone be prepared for more regular WhiteBic comments Evil or Very Mad

2Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah the site works fine on my phone and mine is a good 2 years old.

Have fun with the S4.

3Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not the best to give mobile phone advice but a couple of things you should watch out for is the battery life of your phone - some do seem to run out quickly and taking your phone abroad - watch out for the cost of using it in foreign country's.

I'm sure others will be able to give you loads more advice than this.

4Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only ever use my iPhone to post on here, speeds are fine even if I turn 3G off.

5Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have a s3. The battery can drain rapid so turn all your energy savers on and your Bluetooth off. Access to the net is tremendous on my s3, however it is very easy to "fat finger" and post twice or mispell.
There are loads of apps and if you like your ale, cask finder, perfect pint, aa pub guide and a subscription CAMRA guide are perfect for smart android phones.
Trip advisor do some city guide apps for free and in Berlin recently this was tremendous. Ensure you get a wifi link at home and anywhere you can when your out to save on your data use. Switch your data roamin off when your abroad so you don't get stung for costs, switch on when you need it.
Sorry for going on, with no intention of insulting your intelligence.
Enjoy!
PS PM me if you need ask anything, I'm no expert but I have a mate who was in the same boat as you before Christmas, he's a Samsung wizard now lol!!

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:56; edited 1 time in total

6Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My phone has people's names in it and I can ring them up.

It's well smart.

7Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:

In a few weeks the Samsung s4 comes out and I intend to purchase and I am quite excited.

It's a phone. You ring folk up. You can get on the internet. You can send e-mails. Whoppee do.

If this sort of thing excites you I advise getting out more. Don't waste you life on shite like this.

8Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 19:12

I'd recommend installing Comodo battery saver on any Samsung phone, you can set it to automatically turn things off that you are not using. Comodo internet security is also really good on your computer (it's free as well).

This site is fine on a mobile (obviously depends on your network).

9Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 19:36

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have an HTC Desire which has very good battery life.

10Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 19:40

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
WhiteBic wrote:

In a few weeks the Samsung s4 comes out and I intend to purchase and I am quite excited.

It's a phone. You ring folk up. You can get on the internet. You can send e-mails. Whoppee do.

If this sort of thing excites you I advise getting out more. Don't waste you life on shite like this.

Standard Whittam comment there I see. With my new Samsung I can read more of your whitty posts and comment a lot more on your Behind enemy lines threads. Watch out.

11Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 20:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For a supposedly "Super Queen of World Commerce" you'd expect a smart phone to be top of the list of "personal tools", most ordinary businessmen I know have them. However if you are only "pretending" and stopping locked up in your bedroom 24/7 then there is no requirement cos nobody will ring you up and your cauliflower fingers can mature on your"486"!

12Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 20:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:For a supposedly "Super Queen of World Commerce" you'd expect a smart phone to be top of the list of "personal tools", most ordinary businessmen I know have them. However if you are only "pretending" and stopping locked up in your bedroom 24/7 then there is no requirement cos nobody will ring you up and your cauliflower fingers can mature on your"486"!

I have a mobile phone. It lives in the glove compartment of my car in case of breakdown or attack by mad Dutch gingers.

If someone needs to get hold of me they can ring the phone on my desk at work or the phone in my front room.

I once met a guy quite high up at Samsung who told me mobile phones/blackberrys etc were the greatest invention ever - not because they were particularly special or ground breaking, but simply because every knobber in the world had to have one, it turned people into lemmings.

If a phone excites you then fair enough. It's a big world out there though and you're wasting it looking at a little screen. Don't buy the phone, spend the cash on a trip to somewhere you've never been and experience life.

Trust me, you'll feel better about yourself.

13Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 21:08

Natasha Whittam wrote:
If a phone excites you then fair enough. It's a big world out there though and you're wasting it looking at a little screen. Don't buy the phone, spend the cash on a trip to somewhere you've never been and experience life.

That would be worthwhile advice if it hadn't come from someone who has posted 9000+ comments in 16 month, whilst looking at a slightly bigger screen.

14Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 21:22

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

OneFinFreedman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

That would be worthwhile advice if it hadn't come from someone who has posted 9000+ comments in 16 month, whilst looking at a slightly bigger screen.

That made me laugh, Nat the hermit.

15Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:For a supposedly "Super Queen of World Commerce" you'd expect a smart phone to be top of the list of "personal tools", most ordinary businessmen I know have them. However if you are only "pretending" and stopping locked up in your bedroom 24/7 then there is no requirement cos nobody will ring you up and your cauliflower fingers can mature on your"486"!

I have a mobile phone. It lives in the glove compartment of my car in case of breakdown or attack by mad Dutch gingers.

If someone needs to get hold of me they can ring the phone on my desk at work or the phone in my front room.

I once met a guy quite high up at Samsung who told me mobile phones/blackberrys etc were the greatest invention ever - not because they were particularly special or ground breaking, but simply because every knobber in the world had to have one, it turned people into lemmings.

Thanks for the advice Nat, much appreciated, but tell me how does it work, a wag that doesn't shag? Are you a new breed, a platonic wag?

16Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mr Magoo wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

That made me laugh, Nat the hermit.

Yes highly amusing, bullshit of the highest quality. Very Happy

17Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have an iPhone 4S, After 5 minutes of looking at the screen my eyes go boggled, so if I'm not on my home pc, I use my iPad.

18Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 22:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The Samsung S4 is going to blow most other smartphones clean out of the water. Better battery life than the S3 as well.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

19Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 23:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:

But you don't know where I was when I posted them though. I wrote 'Behind Enemy Lines' while waiting for a bus in Borneo.

20Smart Phones Empty Re: Smart Phones Thu Apr 11 2013, 23:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Thanks for the advice Nat, much appreciated, but tell me how does it work, a wag that doesn't shag? Are you a new breed, a platonic wag?

You make the mistake of thinking I'm the one doing the chasing. Nuggy never stops calling, one of the reasons I don't have a mobile in my purse. I can take or leave him to be honest. I'm certainly in no rush to lose my 10 year virginity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum