Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association Player of the Year

+8
Sluffy
tunnsterbwfc
scottjames30
Jamster26
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Marc Iles wrote:Just jetting away from Reebok, where Jay Spearing won the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] POtY award. Very well deserved. His appreciation for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] shone through too.

I agree that this recognition is well deserved - he has performed consistently well for us this season. Good lad.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well Deserved - he should stay here, where he is appreciated Smile

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think if Dawson had been here from the start of the season then it would have been a close call. Well done to Spearing, he got my vote.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think he's been mediocre in parts. Best of an at-best-inconsistent bunch, I suppose.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

...and mine!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Medo would've made it a three horse race .

Well done though.

tunnsterbwfc

David Ngog
David Ngog

I have posted a quick report on the evening on the Reebok Roar FB Group, just a rough idea of what went on and what Spearing said -

So the BWSA Player of the Year was no surprise really, Jay Spearing with 60% of the vote, I would imagine the official club PotY will be pretty similar. Runner Up was Alonso who couldnt attend due to the gaffer wanting him to 'rest', probably in Nandos....

Jay Spearing looked surprisingly at ease in front of a decent attendance for the BWSA, and answered questions very well and spoke intelligently, which surprised me a little bit for some reason. So what did he have to say? Well, he's enjoyed his time with us, likes the lads and the club in general, he's mates with the 'off their heads' duo of Eagles and Holden, and he feels like he has improved as a player whilst with us. So, the big news we wanted to know. Well firstly, he has a cast on his toe at the moment, this is being removed the day after the Blackpool game, and he will know if he'll be available for potential Play off games then. As far as his future goes, he plans to go on holida...y, and then return to plan his future with his agent and presumably Brendan Rogers. My gut impression was that he would be prepared to move to us given the chance. Whilst other loanees have always clearly stated they were with us temporarily and would return to their clubs, he didnt, and seemed much more open to a move away, even from his boyhood team.

Clearly he's a decent player, and he will be looking at his options in the summer. If a Prem club show an interest, they will be in the driving seat I would imagine. But for now, he hasnt committed himself to L'pool, and hasnt ruled out any permanent move to us. He has enjoyed his time with us, and has a respect for Dougie, so if we can stump up the cash, then we could well have a chance to sign him up. I saw him having a chat with Marc Iles, so its possible he may have a bit more info for us soon, but I'm not sure he will have said anymore, than what he said to us.

The Dave Higson trophy is an award for a contribution made by someone from the club, and this year Kevin Davies won it. Unfortunately, he wasnt able to attend. Before any conclusions are drawn from that, all I will say is that I'm pretty sure it wasnt a snub on his part, and more to do with the ongoing politics between him and the club.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/243159915795306/3709931663453

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

tunnsterbwfc wrote:I have posted a quick report on the evening on the Reebok Roar FB Group, just a rough idea of what went on and what Spearing said -

So the BWSA Player of the Year was no surprise really, Jay Spearing with 60% of the vote, I would imagine the official club PotY will be pretty similar. Runner Up was Alonso who couldnt attend due to the gaffer wanting him to 'rest', probably in Nandos....

Jay Spearing looked surprisingly at ease in front of a decent attendance for the BWSA, and answered questions very well and spoke intelligently, which surprised me a little bit for some reason. So what did he have to say? Well, he's enjoyed his time with us, likes the lads and the club in general, he's mates with the 'off their heads' duo of Eagles and Holden, and he feels like he has improved as a player whilst with us. So, the big news we wanted to know. Well firstly, he has a cast on his toe at the moment, this is being removed the day after the Blackpool game, and he will know if he'll be available for potential Play off games then. As far as his future goes, he plans to go on holida...y, and then return to plan his future with his agent and presumably Brendan Rogers. My gut impression was that he would be prepared to move to us given the chance. Whilst other loanees have always clearly stated they were with us temporarily and would return to their clubs, he didnt, and seemed much more open to a move away, even from his boyhood team.

Clearly he's a decent player, and he will be looking at his options in the summer. If a Prem club show an interest, they will be in the driving seat I would imagine. But for now, he hasnt committed himself to L'pool, and hasnt ruled out any permanent move to us. He has enjoyed his time with us, and has a respect for Dougie, so if we can stump up the cash, then we could well have a chance to sign him up. I saw him having a chat with Marc Iles, so its possible he may have a bit more info for us soon, but I'm not sure he will have said anymore, than what he said to us.

The Dave Higson trophy is an award for a contribution made by someone from the club, and this year Kevin Davies won it. Unfortunately, he wasnt able to attend. Before any conclusions are drawn from that, all I will say is that I'm pretty sure it wasnt a snub on his part, and more to do with the ongoing politics between him and the club.

Thanks for the info Tunnster. Spearing probably knows he has more chance of playing every week with us whereas at Liverpool, being part of a big squad his appearances will be limited. I would have him back next year without a second thought but I think it all hinges on whether we go up or not.

tunnsterbwfc

David Ngog
David Ngog

Agreed. Whereas the likes of Wilshere and Sturridge always said they were going back and that we were just a way to get first team football (which was fair enough), Spearing has clearly enjoyed his time here and benefited from the first team football, and maybe more importantly really enjoyed being at the club. This maybe due to spending the whole season with us, or he may just have been saying enough to keep the fans happy, I'm not sure. But the overall impression i got was that he is unsure on his future with LFC and that he will be looking at his options in the summer. If we're back in the prem, i would say we would be faves to land him, if we can get the cash together.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/243159915795306/3709931663453

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good report Tunners, thank you.

I'm sure Freedman as already stated that he wasn't going to want Spearing after this season - hence why he went for Medo.

If Holden and Mavis regain anything like the form they had pre-injury would Spearing be needed anyway?

If money were no object I think we would have him but him on Liverpool wages and us £135 million in debt, maybe Dougie as his eye on some young unknown from somewhere else - Palace perhaps?

I'll tweet your BWSA report to our 950 twitter followers with a link to 'Roar', hopefully it might send a few new faces your way.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Tunnster - Aren't we all surprised when a footballer seems intelligent Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we go up, we'll sign jedinak and bolasie from palace IMO.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
I'm sure Freedman as already stated that he wasn't going to want Spearing after this season - hence why he went for Medo.

If Holden and Mavis regain anything like the form they had pre-injury would Spearing be needed anyway?

If money were no object I think we would have him but him on Liverpool wages and us £135 million in debt, maybe Dougie as his eye on some young unknown from somewhere else - Palace perhaps?

:agree:

I can't imagine him ever being worth more than we would have to pay for him to get him in the summer (quite a few million).

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

'The Dave Higson trophy is an award for a contribution made by someone
from the club, and this year Kevin Davies won it. Unfortunately, he
wasnt able to attend. Before any conclusions are drawn from that, all I
will say is that I'm pretty sure it wasnt a snub on his part, and more
to do with the ongoing politics between him and the club'

Sounds like a snub to me?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jay has been great for us and the loan was good for him. Given our central midfield situation, he's had a lot more freedom in the role than he's ever had in the Liverpool team, and that plus the game time must surely make him interested in a permanent move. he'll never be a world beater but he's a class act IMO and would be an excellent permanent signing if we are lucky enough to pull it off and Liverpool don't take the piss on price (which is a strong possibility)

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum