Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever

+23
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
JAH
Born to be a wanderer
Barryjw
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
Tigermin
Lofty_Love
doffcocker
scottjames30
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Most overrated BWFC player?

Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap7%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap11%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap22%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 22% [ 6 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap0%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap0%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap4%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap7%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap15%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap4%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap11%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_lcap19%Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 19:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who is the most overrated BWFC player of the last 25 years?

I'm going for Diouf. Useless bastard of a player who did very little in his Bolton career. Some people rave about him, but his end product was none existent.

2Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 19:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably Nolan.

3Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 19:48

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dean Holdsworth.

4Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 19:50

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I voted Nolan. He scored a few beauties from midfield but I never saw him as a consistently top quality midfielder or as a leader. I recall too many of his 'headless chicken' impressions.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 19:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Tough choice but honestly if I had to pick, I would go with kevin davies.

6Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 20:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Definitely Dean Holdsworth I still have nightmares over his miss against Villa. :gun:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 20:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

None of the players on the list are overrated in my opinion. Len Cantello, if included, would have won it by a country mile.

8Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 20:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going Kevin Davies - Personally I expect a striker to score goals and lots of them.

9Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 20:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Henrik Pedersen

10Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 20:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'm going Kevin Davies - Personally I expect a striker to score goals and lots of them.

:agree:

11Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 20:29

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dean Holdsworth for me.

12Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 20:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Culcheth_White wrote:Definitely Dean Holdsworth I still have nightmares over his miss against Villa. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really do hate that bastard.

13Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 21:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Did anyone actually rate Holdsworth on the first place – let alone overrate him!

Anyway my choice is Okocha.

Wonderful ball skills and trickery but what did he actually achieve at the end of the day?

His shooting was dreadful, his fancy dan stuff never really went anywhere and in the end Allardyce only used him for long throw ins.

People still say how marvellous he was - yes, he was a pleasure to watch on the football field - agreed, but he very seldom did anything that contributed in a game apart from throw the ball in.- even I could do that!

14Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 21:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Did anyone actually rate Holdsworth on the first place – let alone overrate him!

Anyway my choice is Okocha.

Wonderful ball skills and trickery but what did he actually achieve at the end of the day?

His shooting was dreadful, his fancy dan stuff never really went anywhere and in the end Allardyce only used him for long throw ins.

People still say how marvellous he was - yes, he was a pleasure to watch on the football field - agreed, but he very seldom did anything that contributed in a game apart from throw the ball in.- even I could do that!

My only gripe with Okocha is that for all his talent he didn't score enough goals.

15Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 21:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see how Klasnic was over rated ?

His shots to goal tally was the best in the PL at the time, he was a class finisher.

16Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 21:50

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think our manager at the time, Todd, overated Holdsworth.

Also think Megson overated Elmander.

17Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 22:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Asked if they'd pick a striker that scored a goal every game (i.e. 38/46 a season), but otherwise brought nothing to the table, the vast majority of people would say yes. But how many of the same population would choose to play every game a man down with a goal head start?
Obviously, it doesn't work out like this in practice but it's a useful question in terms of debating the Klasnic's of the world. Playing with him was usually tantamount to playing with ten men, except he averaged nothing like a goal a game. In fact he was given a run last season where he went eight games without a goal from open play.

All things considered, I think he's a bad player.

18Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 22:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is the most overrated player ever not on the list Nat ?

Elmander.

19Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 22:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We need a definition of overrated.

Elmander was overrated in relation to his cost, but from my point of view underrated in terms of popular opinion.

20Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Empty Re: Most Overrated BWFC Player Ever Thu May 09 2013, 22:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic scored more and cost less though ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum