Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Things i really dislike or downright hate.

Things i really dislike or downright hate.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sporting cliches.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Sporting cliches.
On that note it winds me up when British football commentators pluralise footballers names e.g. “ yer Gerrards, yer Messis, yer Lampards” etc.

How many fucking Messis do these morons think there are?
Or do they think that everyone with those surnames are brilliant at football?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Or calling a team a 'group'. 
Cliches ?, I think Bullshit Bingo, footie style is more apt.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
In the zone.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They’ll be stronger next term.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
We no longer hear that someone has a 'good engine'

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:We no longer hear that someone has a 'good engine'
He's a box to box player. Very Happy

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Phil and Matt on Question of Sport saying "Good shout...." to a team-mate who's just made a quiet, tentative suggestion for an answer.....and please don't anyone reply with, "Good shout," Okocha!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Bolton News website and its ridiculous limit of 20 articles then you have to sign up! That and all the millions of ads and pop-ups on it get right on my chippy tits!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:The Bolton News website and its ridiculous limit of 20 articles then you have to sign up! That and all the millions of ads and pop-ups on it get right on my chippy tits!
Never liked the BN, but loved the Buff. Pretty turned off by all newspapers these days.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:The Bolton News website and its ridiculous limit of 20 articles then you have to sign up! That and all the millions of ads and pop-ups on it get right on my chippy tits!

Totally agree.

And that's why I'm extremely grateful to Karly for going to the trouble of posting up all the Wanderers articles for us to see and discuss and due to the limit not been able to help him do so since it was introduced.

Not sure you needed to share your 'chippy tits' with us though!!!

pale

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure you needed to share your 'chippy tits' with us though!!!

pale
Getting smaller by the day  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Haha! Never heard the saying chippy tits before.

It tickled me that! Very Happy

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
ITV, Piers Morgan and the gutter press. 

Whatever happened to the Leveson Report and its recommendations for media standards?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@boltonbonce wrote:
Never liked the BN, but loved the Buff. Pretty turned off by all newspapers these days.
I used to get the Buff, (Pink?) sent to me when I was serving overseas. Always remember one match report, where it said our goalie 'saved a fierce shit' from their attacker. Sometimes, typos can change reports in the strangest ways.  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
I used to get the Buff, (Pink?) sent to me when I was serving overseas. Always remember one match report, where it said our goalie 'saved a fierce shit' from their attacker. Sometimes, typos can change reports in the strangest ways.  Very Happy
My dad always preferred the Football Pink, and it was a constant battle to get him to buy the Buff.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How did they manage to get it available so soon after matches? I can see it these days with everything digital now but back then it was all printing press.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
 I always type screenshit instead of screenshot in work emails and haven't always noticed before i've sent it  Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:How did they manage to get it available so soon after matches? I can see it these days with everything digital now but back then it was all printing press.
I'd get one leaving Burnden, but the report only covered the first half. When I went on away trips each area had it's own version of the Buff/Pink. I think the midlands had the Green 'un, or Argus.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@Norpig wrote:How did they manage to get it available so soon after matches? I can see it these days with everything digital now but back then it was all printing press.
You're right Mr Pig, sometimes I used to get it on the Monday, instead of Tuesday  Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm going to hate the interview on telly with Haz and that whiny Yank wife of his tonight i can guarantee that!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I'm going to hate the interview on telly with Haz and that whiny Yank wife of his tonight i can guarantee that!
I won't be watching it. I'd drop the Royal Family down a well and forget about them. Looking forward to the FBI getting hold of Andrew though. Cool

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
I won't be watching it. I'd drop the Royal Family down a well and forget about them. Looking forward to the FBI getting hold of Andrew though. Cool
Failed (sacked) ex-journalist Piers Morgan embarrassingly beside himself with fury this morning about the interview. 

Funny how the press are so anti the Sussexes, the Mail having lost the right-to-privacy case in court and then forced to publish a full account of the judge's findings to show that the media can't just write whatever vile, fabricated stuff they like about people's lives.

I will never forget what the press did in the Millie Dowler case.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:
Failed (sacked) ex-journalist Piers Morgan embarrassingly beside himself with fury this morning about the interview. 

Funny how the press are so anti the Sussexes, the Mail having lost the right-to-privacy case in court and then forced to publish a full account of the judge's findings to show that the media can't just write whatever vile, fabricated stuff they like about people's lives.

I will never forget what the press did in the Millie Dowler case.
Indeed. They really are the lowest of the low. And as for Morgan, he really can't be taken seriously on any level. 
He's the Clown Imperial. (Apologies to William Walton for the pun).

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
Indeed. They really are the lowest of the low. And as for Morgan, he really can't be taken seriously on any level. 
He's the Clown Imperial. (Apologies to William Walton for the pun).
"Piers Morgan reacts furiously after Harry and Meghan interview airs in the US, as he’s had to stay up all night working out how to make it about him." (The Poke)

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Monday night's quiz night at Bobsworth Towers so we didn't watch the Prince of Twerps and his control freak missus. Well tbh we wouldn't have watched them anyway. Lady B had made a lovely meal and it would have been a real shame to throw it up.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Glib dismissal of racism and mental health problems by the Mail and Morgan reflect their true ghastly colours. Received an email/petition this morning, calling for Morgan to be sacked from ITV.

Ten Bobsworth

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Race card, mental health card, do as I say or I might top myself card, the Prince of Twerps picked a good 'un there.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Lets look at the hard facts people. Other than an ex actress and a Prince never to be King, we shouldn't all be running around like headless chickens. I didn't watch the actual one-sided whoa-isus programme, but I've seen enough people decrying the 'Firm'. Personally I think its pathetic. Let the dust settle and see what response we get.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Race card, mental health card, do as I say or I might top myself card, the Prince of Silly or annoying people picked a good 'un there.
I was going to say something, but I've decided to bite my tongue. I've got things to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum