Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things i really dislike or downright hate.

+24
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Ten Bobsworth
rammywhite
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Mr Magoo
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Angry Dad
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 15]

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/16/harry-meghan-media-critics-worse

Article witten by columnist Marina Hyde just before the court ruling in favour of Meghan in her suit against The Daily Mail re privacy. Explains why the Mail is so incensed and derogatory.They were ordered to publish the judge's findings in their paper every day for a week.

(I did edit the article to keep it relevant and not over-long, but Sluffy did not approve the edited version without a link for the site.)

Last edited by okocha on Wed Mar 10 2021, 14:35; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I actually posted earlier about me struggling at the moment due to a few different things then deleted it as i was embarrassed which kind of proves my point. People are too afraid to say anything for fear of ridicule or to be accused of milking it.

I didn't see your earlier post, but rest assured you are not alone and shouldn't be embarrassed. I have suffered with mental health problems for a few years now, I've been in dark places (not Bonce's attic) that I never want to go back to - but each day is a struggle to avoid going back there.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I didn't see your earlier post, but rest assured you are not alone and shouldn't be embarrassed. I have suffered with mental health problems for a few years now, I've been in dark places (not Bonce's attic) that I never want to go back to - but each day is a struggle to avoid going back there.
Thanks Nat, much appreciated!

It was the second anniversary of my Mum passing away at the weekend and work is really getting me down so i am feeling low at the moment.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I actually posted earlier about me struggling at the moment due to a few different things then deleted it as i was embarrassed which kind of proves my point. People are too afraid to say anything for fear of ridicule or to be accused of milking it.

I'm sorry to hear you are/have been going through a rough time, I'm sure we all wish you well.

I think though we are talking about two different things here though, the first is whether Megan was basically telling lies - which to my mind she was - and the second 'genuine' mental illness - which was the topic she told her lie about.

If she told a lie about one thing in her interview, then what other things did she say that was untrue also?

The fact that she played both the mental health 'card' (and the race card - and the reply from the 'firm' was very telling I thought - "some recollections may vary..." - which is clear code for 'that's a huge, whopping fib'!!!) meant that 'calling out the lies' WASN'T a pop at having mental illness, or those who may suffer from it.

Unfortunately things are getting to the point it seems where anything and everything is seen as 'PC' these days by some/many.

Morgan was to my mind calling out the lie and was in no way demeaning the illness.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat and Norpig, my condolences to you both....

...and for Meghan to be accused of lying about her perfectly understandable issues with the way she has been treated must be incredibly upsetting.

Time for some kindness and an apology or two from the Piers and the media, but I very much doubt that any will be forthcoming.

Last edited by okocha on Wed Mar 10 2021, 14:48; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, that's complete and utter nonsense. I'm not getting involved in this, for reasons which are rather personal.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't always believe what you post but as with Norpig, I, and no doubt the rest of the forum, wish you well in your battle with your mental health problems and truly hope you vanquish them soon if you have not already done so.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People using the phrase mental health card are not helping either though are they? The establishment are never going to admit to brushing someones mental health under the carpet are they?

I've had a few people i knew fairly well over the years commit suicide in the last 10 years, all men all around my age who probably felt they couldn't talk about it and suffered for it. 

I'm not saying Megan is an angel in all this i just feel we have to be careful about calling out people when they claim they have issues as it makes other people not in the public eye reticent about looking for help.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Sluffy, that's complete and utter nonsense. I'm not getting involved in this, for reasons which are rather personal.

Fair enough if that's your opinion.

The point I see was Morgan calling out the lie and NOT demeaning the illness.

Hope whatever is behind your personal reasons are resolved happily and as quickly as is possible for all concerned.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's very important that people who are struggling with their mental health should be listened to but not everyone is Megan Markel or has a history with Piers Morgan which was the context within which his comment/opinion about her credibility was made.

If the starting point is that you believe someone to be a pathological liar it seems reasonable to question any statements they make - especially if they make them very publicly, in a context of having personal gain from making those statements.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

:clap:
boltonbonce wrote:Sluffy, that's complete and utter nonsense. I'm not getting involved in this, for reasons which are rather personal.
:clap:

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Things i really dislike or downright hate. - Page 10 Ev-tOxiXYAYpVUS?format=jpg&name=small

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you are/have been going through a rough time, I'm sure we all wish you well.

I think though we are talking about two different things here though, the first is whether Megan was basically telling lies - which to my mind she was - and the second 'genuine' mental illness - which was the topic she told her lie about.

If she told a lie about one thing in her interview, then what other things did she say that was untrue also?

The fact that she played both the mental health 'card' (and the race card - and the reply from the 'firm' was very telling I thought - "some recollections may vary..." - which is clear code for 'that's a huge, whopping fib'!!!) meant that 'calling out the lies' WASN'T a pop at having mental illness, or those who may suffer from it.

Unfortunately things are getting to the point it seems where anything and everything is seen as 'PC' these days by some/many.

Morgan was to my mind calling out the lie and was in no way demeaning the illness.
Playing every card she could muster, Sluffy. The phrase 'the firm', in the US (and for quite a few this side of the pond), is synonymous with the firm of crooked lawyers in the film based on John Grisham's book of the same name. Isn't that why she gleefully likes to trot it out?

Btw remember the 'blatant' insider dealing charlatan I mentioned. His mother was national chairman of MIND when he was appointed its Legal Director with no professional qualifications in law.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Mar 10 2021, 15:07; edited 2 times in total

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Hope whatever is behind your personal reasons are resolved happily and as quickly as is possible for all concerned.

Sluffy, no offence but I don't think you can have followed the press coverage of the Sussexes from way back when the media attacks began. 

The media are playing the "Freedom of Speech" card with no regard for the truth or others' feelings. The only concern of the gutter press is to sell newspapers.

Read Marina Hyde's article which I have now copied in full, as you asked me to.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:People using the phrase mental health card are not helping either though are they? The establishment are never going to admit to brushing someones mental health under the carpet are they?

I've had a few people i knew fairly well over the years commit suicide in the last 10 years, all men all around my age who probably felt they couldn't talk about it and suffered for it. 

I'm not saying Megan is an angel in all this i just feel we have to be careful about calling out people when they claim they have issues as it makes other people not in the public eye reticent about looking for help.

I don't want to push this as clearly it is a sensative area for you.

The point I was making was that if you had unlimited time and funds to do something about it - and Megan and Harry had - wouldn't you do something about it yourself then?

If you've asked for help from the people you employ - which these people are - and they have said they couldn't, then wouldn't you have done something to sort it out yourself - how hard would it be to see your GP for instance and we are talking Harley Street and not the locum at the local NHS surgery?

Of course you would, you wouldn't just accept it would you - because you have the money and time to see the very best in the world - so why didn't they do something to help her get well then?

Doesn't make any sense if she really was unwell does it?

That's the point and it is in no way having a pop at mental illness or the people who suffer from it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But at the time Meghan would probably have been the most photographed person in the world and constantly in the public eye. It would have been noticed if she had gone to a clinic or similar for that exact reason and i can well believe the senior officials wouldn't have wanted that to get out as it would have reflected very badly on the Royal family.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Sluffy, no offence but I don't think you can have followed the press coverage of the Sussexes from way back when the media attacks began. 

The media are playing the "Freedom of Speech" card with no regard for the truth or others' feelings. The only concern of the gutter press is to sell newspapers.

Read Marina Hyde's article which I have now copied in full, as you asked me to.

I asked you to provide links, I'm indifferent if you posted the article out in full or not.

The press coverage of Harry and Megan is irrelevant to the facts, or at least what she/they claimed about her mental health issue - if you are ill and you have the money - you get treatment - the best in the world is what they could afford - so the simple question is, why didn't they?

Think what you will about the press but there are far more stories they know about and don't print, than the ones they do.

If Megan had treatment for mental health issues that would not be seen as a published story in this country, that's for certain.

Would a loving multi-millionaire let his wife suffer with mental illness after his employee's said that they weren't in a position to help her, when he could buy the best care for her anywhere in the world immeadiately.

The story just doesn't stack up does it?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I'm still struggling to understand how Morgan saying that he doesn't believe her (i.e. questioning her honesty/credibility) can in any way be construed as an attack on the seriousness of mental health issues.

Totally unrelated issues as far as I can tell.

I'd have to disagree Lusty, they are linked. It sends out the wrong message that people with genuine mental health issues will feel they can't share their feelings in case they get told to man up or similar or told they are lying or exaggerating their problems.

I agree. This is why I feel Morgan's position was untenable.

I am loving all this shit though between those two twats and the Royal family.

It's about time they gave us some entertainment value for the money they get.

What a circus! Very Happy

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Media outlets and some of "The Firm" have not learned from Diana's death, and ignored or failed to implement the civilising recommendations of the Leveson Report, following the phone-hacking scandal.

My own point is that not one of us knows the truth of the matter and so should not speculate as the press does and risk harming people with genuine mental health issues. which can't possibly have been helped in recent days and weeks.

My thoughts are with you too, Bonce, as well as with Norpig and Nat

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:But at the time Meghan would probably have been the most photographed person in the world and constantly in the public eye. It would have been noticed if she had gone to a clinic or similar for that exact reason and i can well believe the senior officials wouldn't have wanted that to get out as it would have reflected very badly on the Royal family.

Mate, Princess Di was even more famous and had numerous affairs with married men whilst still married to Charles - and non of that got out until long after her divorce!

Steven Fry and many, many, other world famous people have gone public about their mental health issues and they are applauded for speaking out about it, in fact have championed the cause.

Megan could have been the global ambassador bringing huge awareness to the illness even!

The bottom line is that if your wife was ill and you had the money and time to help her get better you would - wouldn't you.

Why then did Harry not get her well first and worry about the press afterwards?

Doesn't add up does it?

Google link to famous people who have suffered from depression -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=BuRIYIybBYe0gQbSpILgDg&q=which+famous+people+suffer+from+depression&oq=which+famous+people+suffer+from+depression&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAw6BQgAEJECOggIABCxAxCDAToCCAA6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOgQIABBDOgUIABCxAzoOCC4QxwEQrwEQkQIQkwI6BQgAEMkDOgUIABCSAzoCCC5QpmFYyfQBYLKKAmgAcAB4AIABlAGIAYMbkgEEMzUuOJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiMtvfKg6bvAhUHWsAKHVKSAOwQ4dUDCA4

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum