Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pulis sacked.

+8
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pulis sacked.  Empty Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shame, but after that FA cup final appearance and a cheeky jaunt round Europe at the expense of bumming us 5-0 at wembely followed by the shitheads relegating us on last day of the season I hope they go down next season.

Shit club.
shit ground.
Shit fans.

They are obviously suffering from 'Massive Club Syndrome' and think they can get some foreign dickhead in to make them win the league, deluded fools!

Pulis is a half decent manager and stoke should be happy with their lot, they will struggle to attract the manager they want IMO...

2Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:16

Was hoping he'd take them down next season to be honest, gutted. Hope they appoint somebody shit.

3Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yet another piece of nonsense. He was a decent manager. The football wasn't brilliant- but it was OK for a small town provincial club.

Some owners are deluded cretins. Who the hell do Stoke think they are?

4Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:33

rammywhite wrote:Yet another piece of nonsense. He was a decent manager. The football wasn't brilliant- but it was OK for a small town provincial club.

Some owners are deluded cretins. Who the hell do Stoke think they are?

Pulis spent a hell of a lot of money at Stoke, and not particularly well. He'd clearly taken the club as far as he could. I don't think you can accuse the Coates family of being 'deluded cretins' they've been ridiculously good for the club.

Fact is though even having spent as much as he has they play dreadful football, only have a couple of players that would make any money for them (Shawcross and Begovic, are very negative and only just stayed up this season.

It's not a clear cut decision, but it's not a bad one.

5Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:36

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The owners are deluded, I remember seeing an interview on Sky sports saying they belonged in the champions league as they are as big as arsenal or Liverpool.

I bet this think they can get someone like Mancini in and win the league next season playing beautiful football.

watch - bet they go in for him.

6Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:39

Reebok_Rebel wrote:The owners are deluded, I remember seeing an interview on Sky sports saying they belonged in the champions league as they are as big as arsenal or Liverpool.

If that's true then I agree they need their heads examined, but I think your mistaken.

7Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:The owners are deluded, I remember seeing an interview on Sky sports saying they belonged in the champions league as they are as big as arsenal or Liverpool.

If that's true then I agree they need their heads examined, but I think your mistaken.

Im not mistaken, I remember me and my mate laughing about it.

Maybe they said 'we could be' instead of 'are' but why take some of the sensationalism away from a post for no reason...

8Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:48

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pulis' Stoke team were in steady decline, I would have expected them to be relegated next season with him.
Watch out for Gordon Facking Taylor saying how wrong it is.
I hate Stoke.

9Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 15:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thing is no matter which manager comes in he is going to have to do one of two things, carry on with the hoofball/thuggish displays, or get rid of a lot of that team, and build from scratch, either way I think Stoke are playing the Billy big bollocks card here.

10Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 16:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit fans?

they pack the ground every week and it's one of the nosiest grounds in the league.

Hate Pulis though, glad he's gone.

11Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 16:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's made them what we were under Megson - a marginally safe PL club playing crap football with a team built on a handsome budget.
Stoke fans watch it week in week out, at the end of the day. It's very easy to form an opinion like "they're just getting ahead of themselves, arrogant bastards", from the outside looking in but there's always more to it than that. This was most people's perceptions of Bolton fans when Megson was sacked.

There's no doubting they can get somebody decent in and progress if he's given the budget Pulis had.

12Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 16:14

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:Thing is no matter which manager comes in he is going to have to do one of two things, carry on with the hoofball/thuggish displays, or get rid of a lot of that team, and build from scratch, either way I think Stoke are playing the Billy big bollocks card here.

I kind of agree with you - Pulis certainly bought certain types of players - they have a lot of big physical players, all their strikers are big tall players - Crouch, Jerome, Walters, Kenwyn Jones. But their midfield is not bad, they have options on the wings with Kightly, Pennant and Etherington. Central midfielders look ok in Palacios, Adam, N'Zonzi, Whitehead and Whelan. They have some alright defenders too in Huth, Shawcross, Wilkinson, etc.
Obviously a new manager will surely want to change their style of play and will need to bring new players in but I don't think it will have to be as drastic as you say.

13Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 16:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Martinez to Stoke maybe?

14Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 16:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As MB says, Stoke have a pretty decent side on paper, just a shame Pulis always went for the long ball bully boy style of football with fucking giants up front.

The owners have a fair bit of money so I can't see them being short on offers for the job.

15Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 17:27

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I remember Pulis saying he was using the 'Sam Allardyce Blueprint' for Stoke. Maybe he'll now go to Newcastle in 4 weeks.

16Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Tue May 21 2013, 18:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:He's made them what we were under Megson - a marginally safe PL club playing crap football with a team built on a handsome budget.
Stoke fans watch it week in week out, at the end of the day. It's very easy to form an opinion like "they're just getting ahead of themselves, arrogant bastards", from the outside looking in but there's always more to it than that. This was most people's perceptions of Bolton fans when Megson was sacked.

There's no doubting they can get somebody decent in and progress if he's given the budget Pulis had.
Do you think Pullis asked Megson how to take a team into decline when ginger nuts was bibs and cones man there? Laughing

17Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Wed May 22 2013, 08:42

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I hope they get Coyle.

18Pulis sacked.  Empty Re: Pulis sacked. Wed May 22 2013, 10:38

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I can't believe that Stoke are 4th in the player net spend table in the prem over the past four seasons. If this is true Pulis deserves to be sacked.

I was also shocked to see Aston Villa above them in 3rd place!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum