Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Sausage and Egg sandwich

Sausage and Egg sandwich

+15
Norpig
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
Bernard Dennis Park
xmiles
Hip Priest
Keegan
waynagain
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 21:54

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Nothing beats a sausage and egg sandwich.

Proper sausage from the butchers, free range egg on homemade bread with a bit of brown sauce and white pepper. It just doesn't get any better than that.

I suppose if you are in the middle of the Atlantic and your yacht has capsized then a rescue boat or a lifejacket would come first before a sausage and egg.

Although, if the sausage and egg sarnie was in a sealable bag then it wouldn't get soggy, and would be a great last bit of scran before you sank to the deep blue depths of the Atlantic.

So to summerise, nothing beats a sausage and egg sarnie unless you are drowning in the Atlantic, then it becomes a the second best thing (unless it's in a sealable bag then nothing beats it).

2Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 21:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I only like a sausage sandwich on its own. My son likes sausage and cheese but I will not entertain it. I reckon a bacon and egg on toast with brown sauce is the finest culinary masterpiece ever devised.

3Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:02

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I always eat a bit of sausage with a bit of my fried egg together, when I have a full English. The brown sauce has to be HP.

4Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:04

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Bacon, Egg & Black pudding for me, with HP.

5Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bloody Hell, Magoo's started to franchise out the Dinner thread.

6Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Do you know that it's not made in the Houses of Parliament?

I only found out yesterday. Very Happy

It's now made in the Netherlands and they know f'k all about food.

7Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:10

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Copper Dragon wrote:Do you know that it's not made in the Houses of Parliament?

What is you Knob

8Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:12

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Mr Magoo wrote:
@Copper Dragon wrote:Do you know that it's not made in the Houses of Parliament?

What is you Knob

Have a guess you mindless four eyed cretin.

9Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
HP got bought out by a Dutch company, either Kraft or Nestle iirc. Didn't BWFC71 give us the lowdown a few months ago?

10Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:21

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
affraid affraid Sausage and Egg sandwich 3702174765 Sausage and Egg sandwich 3883682494

11Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:24

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Reebok Trotter wrote:HP got bought out by a Dutch company, either Kraft or Nestle iirc. Didn't BWFC71 give us the lowdown a few months ago?

It's quite a few months ago, I think it was last year.

12Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:32

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Copper Dragon wrote:Nothing beats a sausage and egg sandwich.

Proper sausage from the butchers, free range egg on homemade bread with a bit of brown sauce and white pepper. It just doesn't get any better than that.

I suppose if you are in the middle of the Atlantic and your yacht has capsized then a rescue boat or a lifejacket would come first before a sausage and egg.

Although, if the sausage and egg sarnie was in a sealable bag then it wouldn't get soggy, and would be a great last bit of scran before you sank to the deep blue depths of the Atlantic.

So to summerise, nothing beats a sausage and egg sarnie unless you are drowning in the Atlantic, then it becomes a the second best thing (unless it's in a sealable bag then nothing beats it).

Oh you bastard, I am starving hungry and read this post. I have to agree, a quality sausage sandwich with egg and sauce, yum times a hundred!

13Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Michael Bolton wrote:

Oh you bastard, I am starving hungry and read this post. I have to agree, a quality sausage sandwich with egg and sauce, yum times a hundred!

Grown men should never say/write "yum".

14Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:36

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
He isnt a Grown man, so he is ok. Very Happy

15Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:39

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Did the Dutch make the HP sauce with Guinness, because it was good?

16Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Copper Dragon wrote:

Have a guess you mindless four eyed cretin.

Magoo, I didn't realise that CD actually knew you? Shocked

17Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:42

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Michael Bolton wrote:

Grown men should never say/write "yum".

Well I do and if you have a problem with it take it up with soul kitchen.

18Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:43

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Very funny, CD is like a woman's period, bloody horrible.

19Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Mr Magoo wrote:Very funny, CD is like a woman's period, bloody horrible.

As opposed to a man's period which is bloody nice?

20Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Mon Jun 10 2013, 22:51

Keegan

Keegan
... or just bloody? Sausage and Egg sandwich 1670099594

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

21Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 01:02

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I can see the appeal of a sausage and egg buttie but in actual fact it is a scientifically proven fact that nothing can better the simple basic chip buttie. Buttered white bread with proper quality chips and plenty of salt, uncorrupted by the likes of vinegar and vulgar sauces like tomato,brown,HP etc. Fried egg may be added to the above but strictly speaking is not necessary. It has to be admitted however that the fish finger buttie does run the chip butty a very close second and is a very acceptable substitute.

22Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 17:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
No I can't agree.

Nothing beats a bacon sandwich, The bacon should be crisp and HP sauce is an acceptable addition. Delicious.

Even vegetarians and Muslims and Jews have difficulty resisting the guilty pleasure of a bacon sarnie.

23Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 18:06

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Bacon and egg with hp sauce is the best.

24Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Tue Jun 11 2013, 19:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Bacon and egg with hp sauce is the best.

:like:

It sets you up for the day. Muesli may be a healthier option but it's like eating bloody rabbit food.

25Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 08:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just to put this to bed, as far as I'm concerned, to be classed as a sandwich, the filling has to be cold. So, much as I love a chip butty, it does not, in my mind, constitute a sandwich.
They were on about sandwiches this morning on talkSPORT, and some of the ideas were horrific, with one guy pushing a filling of sausage, beans and mash.
Any personal favourites?

26Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 09:12

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:Just to put this to bed, as far as I'm concerned, to be classed as a sandwich, the filling has to be cold. So, much as I love a chip butty, it does not, in my mind, constitute a sandwich.
They were on about sandwiches this morning on talkSPORT, and some of the ideas were horrific, with one guy pushing a filling of sausage, beans and mash.
Any personal favourites?
Lady Bobsworth favours cucumber sandwiches seasoned with black pepper.

27Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 09:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can only presume the black pepper is to give the sandwich a taste. I've never understood cucumber.

It tastes like nothing at all. Lettuce, tomato, and spring onion, with a sprinkling of sea salt, is my go to Summer sandwich, now that cheese is off the menu.

28Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 09:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ox tongue with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes on Blackpool Milk Roll.

29Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 10:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ham. tomato and mustard is my favourite at the moment. As for eggs, cant stand the vile things!

So many names from the past on this thread, wonder where they all are now?

30Sausage and Egg sandwich Empty Re: Sausage and Egg sandwich Thu Aug 12 2021, 11:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Peanut butter and banana on rye bread. Delicious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum